Ode to the Evelyne

T

Thank you so much for replying With pics too. Could I bother you to educate me on the button attachment of the tpm. The metal part. It’s different from the bigger sized bags?
The metal part is bigger for the bigger evelyne. It is also more sturdy and I have not seen such buttons on any other bags/pouches. Seems to be unique to Hermes. It don’t look like you can pluck it out as it is stuck with the leather. However, it is a little bit harder to close than the one on the mini evelyne. It doesn’t stop me from opening and closing it because I can feel how sturdy it is.

For the mini evelyne, it is the same kind of button you see on some generic pouches. It is not as sturdy but easier to open and close than the bigger evelyne. However, I find myself opening and closing it with more care because it looks like it can be plucked out over a long period of use.

Hope that helps!

T

Thank you so much for replying With pics too. Could I bother you to educate me on the button attachment of the tpm. The metal part. It’s different from the bigger sized bags?
I don’t mean to be suspicious (well I’m just naturally suspicious so maybe I do), but why are these details important to you? Do you need to change out a fastener? It would be cool if H made interchangeable fasteners now that I think about it.

I don’t mean to be suspicious (well I’m just naturally suspicious so maybe I do), but why are these details important to you? Do you need to change out a fastener? It would be cool if H made interchangeable fasteners now that I think about it.
Not a problem at all. I only realized my tmp closure is so delicate and not like the larger Evlyne’s and honestly haven’t used my tmp a lot and was surprised it wasn’t the same and only smaller. It’s in fact totally different.I also have major brain fog and sometimes details evade me. So I thought to reach out to the forum for clarification. Hope that’s ok?

The metal part is bigger for the bigger evelyne. It is also more sturdy and I have not seen such buttons on any other bags/pouches. Seems to be unique to Hermes. It don’t look like you can pluck it out as it is stuck with the leather. However, it is a little bit harder to close than the one on the mini evelyne. It doesn’t stop me from opening and closing it because I can feel how sturdy it is.

For the mini evelyne, it is the same kind of button you see on some generic pouches. It is not as sturdy but easier to open and close than the bigger evelyne. However, I find myself opening and closing it with more care because it looks like it can be plucked out over a long period of use.

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much for your reply. Really appreciate it. I felt it was very delicate too and honestly hadn’t noticed the closure in detail before as I don’t use the tmp much. Used it recently and noticed it was different from the bigger Evlyne’s closure.

Hi, I am joining the club with my first H bag evelyne29 (Mother’s day gift). I have a couple questions . As you can see the attached photo circle in pink, is it look normal? also 2nd photo, how to read that date stamp? thank you and Happy Mother’s day, everyone!

Attachments

• F4534F17-54FD-4D7C-965F-ADB37C148D79.jpeg
    F4534F17-54FD-4D7C-965F-ADB37C148D79.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 9DB7BFCE-DEB4-4E15-894D-FA0DF6857A37.png
    9DB7BFCE-DEB4-4E15-894D-FA0DF6857A37.png
    1,017.8 KB · Views: 160
Hi, I am joining the club with my first H bag evelyne29 (Mother’s day gift). I have a couple questions . As you can see the attached photo circle in pink, is it look normal? also 2nd photo, how to read that date stamp? thank you and Happy Mother’s day, everyone!
Noo ive bever seen that kind of discoloration :sad: I have that exact bag and mine doesnt have it! Is there a way you could bring it back to your SA?

My Evelyne slouches like that too, it will look less exaggerated once you have stuff in it.
C41C0E0B-BE76-4C41-987E-849E9C0372B2.jpeg
There is a date code table here that is easy to use.