What are some of your unpopular Chanel opinions?

I don’t like the fact that now almost many items.. shoes, bags, Jewelry seems to be scarce.. not available for sale etc etc. I wonder if their stocks are indeed that Low, logistics Problem or just creating scarcity to make ppl desire their products more. To a certain extent, many items are mass produced.
even visiting the store sin Paris, their stocks are so Low… including RTW.. which surprises me..

Indeed.... how are they going to make money and pay their current employees? Is there going to be a massive lay-off at Chanel because they want to sell less and be more exclusive?

In the end.... I may stop buying Chanel because of the high probability of getting robbed instead of the price increases, less inventory, etc...

if the color is light pink, my answer is yes.

it's gotten to the point that my SA rolls her eyes when I ask to try on another right pink bag XD
Lol, my SA probably also feels the same when I ask her about beige bags. I had asked her about the 22A beige a few months back. She texted me last week to see if I wanted to reserve anything and I said no but then she called me mid week and said she put in a reserve for me for the beige CF. She said “I don’t want you to miss out on passing before seeing it irl so you can decide when it gets here.” After a decade she obviously knows me more than I know myself. :biggrin:

The Chanel journey can be addictive so I can understand why people like various shades of the same color. I just want to make sure I’m getting the most use out of what I buy and I find myself mostly reaching for the same handful of bags.

I love the classic double flap, I feel it gives more structure and security.
I like chevron and diamond.
I love reissue, it’s chain is beautiful and comfortable, can be worn crossbody and I feel safer carrying it since it’s low key.
I don’t like the heart bag looks like a little girls bag.
I don’t like the bags with charms in the leather it’s to busy and looks cheap.
I dislike the classic flap in lambskin due to it going flat.

Last edited:
Agree! Almost all my bags are classic flaps and I enjoy collecting the lovely colours but I have realised that I almost never wear them! In contrast I have a range of colours of B and K and wear them daily as they are just more practical and hard wearing
This is EXACTLY me. I have too many classic flaps. In beautiful colors. But I don't ever wear them. I wear all my bright colored birkins all the time. ALL the time. But, for some reason, the colored flaps, although lovely to look at, are maybe just a little loud? I don't know...I think if I had the rainbow of flaps in reissues, I'd wear them more. But with the CF w/ CC it's maybe a little overboard in non-neutral colors.

I’m irritated that for my level of spend, my SA has never “offered” me anything without me reaching out first. I recently passed on an item I’m still hunting because it had a visible tear in the leather. The look of annoyance I received was just unacceptable. I felt rushed out of the store.

This is after my SA telling me stories of other clients with production preferences even more stringent than mine. I’m talking measuring the distance between quilt stitches!

I’m relatively young. I just started my Chanel journey, happy to have been able to purchase 2 classics, but after this next purchase (who knows how long that will take), I think I’m done.

I refuse to be treated this way. Would rather light my money on fire. I won’t play the Hermes game. I don’t have the patience. I need Vuitton to elevate the sophistication of their styles before I go back.

Looks like I’ll be turning to fine jewelry and art.

It feels like Chanel wants to take control over how bags are even "offered", so essentially we get put in our requests and then the power of who gets what is set by the boutique manager (and SA). This would also enable them to reduce the number of classic flaps and simply distribute the bags in this quota categories. I wonder if we'll really be "reserving" anything in the quota bucket or if we'll just be offered based on our wishlists and SA's understanding of what we want. This certainly would parallel Hermes' model, where the average customer is supposed to be thrilled to get an offer at all for a Kelly or Birkin, and will likely bend on specs just to get one. If it goes that route, it'll certainly be an entirely different experience and shifts the power almost entirely to Chanel. It's so unusual to see a brand in 2022 institute so many policies that are the exact opposite of customer centricity.

Indeed.... how are they going to make money and pay their current employees? Is there going to be a massive lay-off at Chanel because they want to sell less and be more exclusive?

In the end.... I may stop buying Chanel because of the high probability of getting robbed instead of the price increases, less inventory, etc...

I am answering my own query here: according to a recent article on Business of Fashion, Chanel has had record sales in 2021, they are hiring an additional 3,500 sales associates and will be creating dedicated stores for top clients.

In any event, I am auto-programming my mind to associate my Chanel shopping to being not smart and pretentious. And as I have said earlier, there’s no need for me to become a target for robbery. I am discovering wonderful European brands that have great quality and are under the radar...
I have discovered new brands of tennis shoes especially, which are 100% leather. As far as Chanel bags go, I am happy with the ones I have been able to buy until now. I don’t need anymore.

556F53C3-AB42-41DB-B582-6FEF9ED1A453.jpeg

Last edited:
My issue
Why is Chanel going up to or even more than Hermes level when chanel bags are not handmade they are machine made in large supply.. correct me if im wrong please
Short answer ? Because WE are letting them do it! Myself, personally I don’t believe that Chanel is on Hermès level and I will not be paying similar price I just plainly refuse. It’s not about money but they have to earn it.

Youtube recommended me these videos and now I've gone down the rabbit hole watching videos all about Chanel quality issues...

These might be some seriously controversial hot takes, but oh well. Chanel can do whatever they want with price increases and exclusivity because luxury goods are inelastic goods. The more expensive something is, the more you can't have it, the more people want it. But luxury goods are really just selling the brand image now, the items themselves aren't as important. That's why you can have quality issues and lower service but people still buy the products.

I just don't think Chanel and these big luxury houses can have it both ways. You can have your price increases and exclusivity, but don't be surprised when replicas and the secondhand market surge. What is the quality difference between a superfake and an actual Chanel bag? Maybe with the replica you actually get good customer service, you get straight stitches and a quality product, and you don't have to jump through hoops to get a classic flap. Not every person is going to buy into the illusion of luxury and high class when the products themselves don't always meet that standard. I'm against replicas for the most part, but I think these big luxury brands don't like replicas is because they shatter that illusion the brands have created around the products.

Of course, no shade to the people who buy Chanel. If you want it and it makes you happy, that's great and I'm happy for you. I just don't think it should be so hard to buy something.

Last edited:
Youtube recommended me these videos and now I've gone down the rabbit hole watching videos all about Chanel quality issues...

These might be some seriously controversial hot takes, but oh well. Chanel can do whatever they want with price increases and exclusivity because luxury goods are inelastic goods. The more expensive something is, the more you can't have it, the more people want it. But luxury goods are really just selling the brand image now, the items themselves aren't as important. That's why you can have quality issues and lower service but people still buy the products.

I just don't think Chanel and these big luxury houses can have it both ways. You can have your price increases and exclusivity, but don't be surprised when replicas and the secondhand market surge. What is the quality difference between a superfake and an actual Chanel bag? Maybe with the replica you actually get good customer service, you get straight stitches and a quality product, and you don't have to jump through hoops to get a classic flap. Not every person is going to buy into the illusion of luxury and high class when the products themselves don't always meet that standard. I'm against replicas for the most part, but I think these big luxury brands don't like replicas is because they shatter that illusion the brands have created around the products.

Of course, no shade to the people who buy Chanel. If you want it and it makes you happy, that's great and I'm happy for you. I just don't think it should be so hard to buy something.

I think you make a really interesting point about replicas, that they shatter the illusion the brands have created around the products. But the brands are shattering that illusion themselves with the reduction in quality.