How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

And I find these cruel comments by @Transformation2021 offensive. In my country we consider this hate speech as well as racist (targeting white womens' before photos with her most hateful words), also misogynistic.

I don't see any racist or misogyistic remarks in any of her posts. Axe murderers can exist within any culture or race.

If these posts by @Transformation2021 offend, I am sure it was unintentional and all said in good humour and the positive camaraderie of the plastic surgery woes we all share.

Your accusations are unfounded because not once has anyone mentioned colour nor race. On the other hand, you have.

Please don't see vitriol when there is none.

As always, you and others are welcome to bypass any threads or posts that you believe offend you. As in, just don't read these posts, then.

Last edited:
Miss Orange, I was concerned about Coppergate Clinic insisting on having your NHS number and that they demand they contact your GP about whatever private cosmetic surgery you have with them. It feels very intrusive and I do not want my GP knowing. Neither do I want my private NHS records viewed. Goodness, I've never known any clinic to demand this before....... I'm so fed up because I'd thought Nick Rhodes seemed great until this.
The thought of my horrid GP knowing, really upsets me.
I've never known any other clinic do this, is it normal in your experience?
I have just been for a consultation at the Coppergate clinic. I had to fill in a form where it asked for my gp’s details, I left it blank and no one has said anything yet, but I am not sure if they will try and demand these details off me when I book in for the procedure. I also do not want my doctors being notified of the surgery and probably will look elsewhere if they insist. Was it Nick Rhodes himself that asked, or the reception team?

Reactions: MissOrange
I have just been for a consultation at the Coppergate clinic. I had to fill in a form where it asked for my gp’s details, I left it blank and no one has said anything yet, but I am not sure if they will try and demand these details off me when I book in for the procedure. I also do not want my doctors being notified of the surgery and probably will look elsewhere if they insist. Was it Nick Rhodes himself that asked, or the reception team?
Not to worry @catlover6, my GP never got any letter from the Coppergate and neither did I even when I filled in my GP’s details. I think it is just an admin question so if you leave it blank it should be fine. They didn’t refer to it at consult.

Reactions: catlover6
As I rapidly approach 4 months post, I can now pinch 1-1.5 cms of loose skin in my lower face. I guess this confirms that macs and smas plication relying on sutures to hold up the smas is not as long lasting as a smasectomy facelift where the smas layer is cut and trimmed. The sutures are dissolving and the smas layer dropping. If the sutures were permanent ethibond, a similar effect may happen as mean suture displacement is 3 cms. I think @Shermainetsj was right when she posted how she had tried threadlifts, then macs and then smas facelifts. I seem to have gone down the same futile route too!

Now it is a matter of time before I need to bite the bullet and fly to Korea for extended smasectomy or try Marando’s smasectomy in Manchester. I just want to hold off for as long as possible as my face has taken a battering with fat graft and threads in/out in 2020, VR macs facelift in 2021 and smas plication facelift in 2022.

As I rapidly approach 4 months post, I can now pinch 1-1.5 cms of loose skin in my lower face. I guess this confirms that macs and smas plication relying on sutures to hold up the smas is not as long lasting as a smasectomy facelift where the smas layer is cut and trimmed. The sutures are dissolving and the smas layer dropping. If the sutures were permanent ethibond, a similar effect may happen as mean suture displacement is 3 cms. I think @Shermainetsj was right when she posted how she had tried threadlifts, then macs and then smas facelifts. I seem to have gone down the same futile route too!

Now it is a matter of time before I need to bite the bullet and fly to Korea for extended smasectomy or try Marando’s smasectomy in Manchester. I just want to hold off for as long as possible as my face has taken a battering with fat graft and threads in/out in 2020, VR macs facelift in 2021 and smas plication facelift in 2022.
@MissOrange oh that is a bit worrying, as I am looking to book in for the VR lift soon, when I asked at the consultation how long they expected it to last they said 5-10 years. I also asked about the smas plication and ectomy and he said he preferred the plication, but there wasn’t any difference in the longevity. I will be having the permanent sutures, as I think you had the dissolving ones, if I remember rightly? So I am hoping it’s going to last a lot longer than 6 months!

Reactions: Otto8
@MissOrange oh that is a bit worrying, as I am looking to book in for the VR lift soon, when I asked at the consultation how long they expected it to last they said 5-10 years. I also asked about the smas plication and ectomy and he said he preferred the plication, but there wasn’t any difference in the longevity. I will be having the permanent sutures, as I think you had the dissolving ones, if I remember rightly? So I am hoping it’s going to last a lot longer than 6 months!
Hi @catlover6, 2 ladies had full smas plication FL/NL in Feb and one is happy at 12 weeks but the other showed laxity at 5 weeks. Both had permanent sutures. I think for longevity, it has to be smasectomy to cut and trim the smas layer as skin keeps stretching with postop swelling and over time with gravity. Permanent ethicon sutures have a mean displacement of 3 cms.

2 ladies and I had VR last year. They had permanent sutures and I had dissolvable. We all had laxity between 3 and 6 months and 2 of us have had smas plication now and the other is booked in for later this year.

It is devastating to realise one needs a revision or retightening at 4-6 months whether one has paid for VR, smas plication or deep plane. I am seeing ladies with other surgeons needing revision and feeling they wasted £10-13k! I think facelifts cannot last 5-10 years and ladies are either getting revisions on the quiet or getting fillers ie nonsurgical facelift after the facelift shows laxity. And even DPs are not lasting 15 years. I think the manager of a Korean plastic surgery clinic was right when she said facelifts only last 1 year.

Last edited:
Reactions: catlover6 and Gats
Incredibly eating birthday cake and salty fatty bulgogi meat with rice has made me gain weight from 96.2 lbs to 97.6 lbs and my face looks great! The lower face fat cells have expanded to lift my lower face. At 3.5 months my face is still good. The big hurdle will be in 2 weeks time when all the sutures will have disappeared. Yay I made it to age 56! Although my hair stylist was alarmed at how thin my hair is getting. He asked me why? I said because I will be 60 in 4 years time! lol

20220515_160253.jpg

Hi @catlover6, 2 ladies had full smas plication FL/NL in Feb and one is happy at 12 weeks but the other showed laxity at 5 weeks. Both had permanent sutures. I think for longevity, it has to be smasectomy to cut and trim the smas layer as skin keeps stretching with postop swelling and over time with gravity. Permanent ethicon sutures have a mean displacement of 3 cms.

2 ladies and I had VR last year. They had permanent sutures and I had dissolvable. We all had laxity between 3 and 6 months and 2 of us have had smas plication now and the other is booked in for later this year.

It is devastating to realise one needs a revision or retightening at 4-6 months whether one has paid for VR, smas plication or deep plane. I am seeing ladies with other surgeons needing revision and feeling they wasted £10-13k! I think facelifts cannot last 5-10 years and ladies are either getting revisions on the quiet or getting fillers ie nonsurgical facelift after the facelift shows laxity. And even DPs are not lasting 15 years. I think the manager of a Korean plastic surgery clinic was right when she said facelifts only last 1 year.
@MissOrange thanks for explaining that. Yes I guess no one can tell how long it will last on individual people as we all have different skin laxity and age at different rates. I think for the price like you say, at least it’s very reasonable and I could pay 13k and it not last long either, so I will probably go ahead with it and pray it lasts a while. I am going to wear a surgery compression I think for at least 6 weeks until the swelling has subsided, maybe for even longer if I can cope with it. Do you still wear yours at all? Did you say that they give steroids to reduce swelling or not?

@MissOrange thanks for explaining that. Yes I guess no one can tell how long it will last on individual people as we all have different skin laxity and age at different rates. I think for the price like you say, at least it’s very reasonable and I could pay 13k and it not last long either, so I will probably go ahead with it and pray it lasts a while. I am going to wear a surgery compression I think for at least 6 weeks until the swelling has subsided, maybe for even longer if I can cope with it. Do you still wear yours at all? Did you say that they give steroids to reduce swelling or not?
Hi @catlover6, no they do not prescribe steroids. Only US facelift surgeons do. I stopped wearing head compression after a week postop. I wore it for a night 3 days ago which helped with the laxity.

Hi everyone. can I know how long does Fat Graft/Transfer last? Is it permanent?
And any side effect?
I have been trying to google and ask consultants.
They said that it's permanent. But I also heard on PF that it only last a few years?

yo
Incredibly eating birthday cake and salty fatty bulgogi meat with rice has made me gain weight from 96.2 lbs to 97.6 lbs and my face looks great! The lower face fat cells have expanded to lift my lower face. At 3.5 months my face is still good. The big hurdle will be in 2 weeks time when all the sutures will have disappeared. Yay I made it to age 56! Although my hair stylist was alarmed at how thin my hair is getting. He asked me why? I said because I will be 60 in 4 years time! lol

View attachment 5404169

You look like you are in your 20's/30's!!!

Reactions: MissOrange