APRIL 2022 Chanel Purchases

Is it just me or are we seeing less buying posts theses days than a year ago, heck even six months ago?
Probably because at 5-7k the classic flap was over priced and insane. Now after tax I paid 9k… feels wrong lol def my last retail priced one. Hard to justify given 1. Fine jewelry costs less! 2. Quality goes down each season 3. Hermes isn’t that much more so I’ll probably hold out for a Kelly or buy vintage

Hi, I hope I am posting this in the correct thread. I just bought a large heart bag from a personal shopper and on the receipt under Item name it says “Miscellaneous bag, Agnea/black” the receipt is from a stand alone boutique. On my past receipts it always has the name of the bag but I’m wondering if it’s because it’s a seasonal bag. Can anyone that has also purchased a large heart bag confirm if their receipt says the same? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is it just me or are we seeing less buying posts theses days than a year ago, heck even six months ago?
I’ve noticed it too. Must be the crazy price increases over the last 2 years.

But then again, almost all the good stuff and the seasonal bags are always out of stock, so I guess Chanel is still doing well.

I’ve noticed it too. Must be the crazy price increases over the last 2 years.

But then again, almost all the good stuff and the seasonal bags are always out of stock, so I guess Chanel is still doing well.
I was thinking the same exact thing. Prices are ridiculous yet items are still HTF pretty much every season. I also wonder if we see less purchases because these items are still ending up in the hands of resellers (Chanel not really making that much of a difference there with their new policies) and people are less inclined to pay thousands over retail.

I was thinking the same exact thing. Prices are ridiculous yet items are still HTF pretty much every season. I also wonder if we see less purchases because these items are still ending up in the hands of resellers (Chanel not really making that much of a difference there with their new policies) and people are less inclined to pay thousands over retail.
Maybe the new generation and younger Chanel clients who are starting their collections are just not on TPF. They probably are posting their stuff on social media lol. I like posting here though because we’ve created a wonderful community for ourselves.

(P.S. I’m still young-ish and I actually joined TPF when I was a teen. Lol. I’ve been a bag hag for so long.)

Definitely, I haven't seen as many posts outside the really hot seasonal items and colors.

Ugh saw that the avg reseller prices for a CF was $11-12k USD and I was shook </3

Maybe the new generation and younger Chanel clients who are starting their collections are just not on TPF. They probably are posting their stuff on social media lol. I like posting here though because we’ve created a wonderful community for ourselves.

(P.S. I’m still young-ish and I actually joined TPF when I was a teen. Lol. I’ve been a bag hag for so long.)

Could be!! I think I'm on the younger side (totally subjective) and just joined TPF last year since I didn't have many people around me that had similar interests and I wanted to find more people I could talk to about my wishlists and upcoming collections hehe

I’ve also noticed this since all the increases in prices.
Definitely, I haven't seen as many posts outside the really hot seasonal items and colors.

Ugh saw that the avg reseller prices for a CF was $11-12k USD and I was shook </3

Could be!! I think I'm on the younger side (totally subjective) and just joined TPF last year since I didn't have many people around me that had similar interests and I wanted to find more people I could talk to about my wishlists and upcoming collections hehe
I am with you. When I was just a silent reader on TPF 2 or 3 years ago, I could hardly keep up with the monthly purchase threads. And mind you, the collections are still very much and passionately debated. Prices are ridiculous. I don't think I will get another CF, a black and a light pink one will have to do :yes:. Maybe if a seasonal bag in a beautiful 'fun' color catches my eyes, but even those have pretty hefty price tags.

Sorry, back to topic. :angel: I am still on ban Island...

I am with you. When I was just a silent reader on TPF 2 or 3 years ago, I could hardly keep up with the monthly purchase threads. And mind you, the collections are still very much and passionately debated. Prices are ridiculous. I don't think I will get another CF, a black and a light pink one will have to do :yes:. Maybe if a seasonal bag in a beautiful 'fun' color catches my eyes, but even those have pretty hefty price tags.

Sorry, back to topic. :angel: I am still on ban Island...

I'm impressed you're still on ban island!! I hope I have enough discipline for the rest of the year LOL