Dior Bobby

Hi, I just wondering if anyone knows if the bobby bag in medium size will come back in some brown colour? I´ve seen that its discontinue in camel or conjak colour. it´s relly a nice colour for this bag I think.

I just got a New medium sized black Bobby bag and I absolutely love it but already got some marks and scratches. How can I get rid of them?
Gently rub the scratches with a leather polishing cloth in circular motion. You may choose to use a tiny bit of leather cleaning cream (in neutral colour) with the cloth, but be sure to test it on a spot inside the bag to see if it will darken the leather before using it on the outside.

Hello! I would like your opinions to see if this is normal wear and tear for my Oblique Bobby or if Dior can do anything to fix it. I’ve noticed that the fabric around the clasp has stretched out and now there is excess fabric gathering instead of it laying flat. Thoughts? I haven’t used this bag that much so sad that this is happening already :sad:

Attachments

• 8174631B-0B8F-4DBC-8058-B5546BF5CAEE.jpeg
    8174631B-0B8F-4DBC-8058-B5546BF5CAEE.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 134
  • A3E788B6-8D3B-4A29-A539-A2CD9E1D9D6F.jpeg
    A3E788B6-8D3B-4A29-A539-A2CD9E1D9D6F.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 133
Hello! I would like your opinions to see if this is normal wear and tear for my Oblique Bobby or if Dior can do anything to fix it. I’ve noticed that the fabric around the clasp has stretched out and now there is excess fabric gathering instead of it laying flat. Thoughts? I haven’t used this bag that much so sad that this is happening already :sad:
I don't think the fabric has been stretched. It just looks like it has been softened and warped. If you stuff that area up when the bag is in use (and also in storage), then it should reduce the warping on the canvas.

Well, I think I may have made my last dior purchase. I used my large bobby with the fabric adjustable strap for about 5 weeks. The strap started to come apart, it had fuzzy unraveling on it. I contacted the boutique, and to their mind it was normal wear and tear. Sold it, and don't plan on purchasing from them again.

I'm seriously considering the large Bobby as my first Dior bag. But I have some questions about its practicality and versatility for my needs that I'd be so grateful for some thoughts around.

Practically, my question is how much does the large bag fit? In the past I've fallen into the trap of believing influencers who claim a bag "fits so much!" only to discover their definition of "so much" (often a phone, card case, and lip balm) is nowhere near mine. :lol: Would anyone be willing to share a what's in my bag type of picture to show what you're able to carry on the daily?

With regard to versatility, I need guidance regarding color and how to style the oblique guitar strap.

Color wise, I was planning to purchase my old reliable black in the grained calfskin. But I'm finding the warm taupe has piqued my interest. Can anyone who has the warm taupe share how wearable the color is? What colors do you wear it with? What colors does it absolutely not go with? Is it similar to Hermes etoupe? I've scoured the internet and this board for pictures, and sometimes it looks kind of greige, other times it looks kind of purpley. So, I'm really not sure and would be so grateful for whatever help you can provide here.

I love the oblique guitar strap, but am concerned it will result in making the bag more difficult to style. The oblique pattern is quite busy. Do you find it only works with solid colored outfits? Does it fight with certain patterns? I'd be so grateful for any thoughts around this, as well.

I'm so excited to get this bag and am obsessing over deciding which one to get. Thank you for helping me figure it all out!

Reactions: Pradagal
I'm seriously considering the large Bobby as my first Dior bag. But I have some questions about its practicality and versatility for my needs that I'd be so grateful for some thoughts around.

Practically, my question is how much does the large bag fit? In the past I've fallen into the trap of believing influencers who claim a bag "fits so much!" only to discover their definition of "so much" (often a phone, card case, and lip balm) is nowhere near mine. :lol: Would anyone be willing to share a what's in my bag type of picture to show what you're able to carry on the daily?

With regard to versatility, I need guidance regarding color and how to style the oblique guitar strap.

Color wise, I was planning to purchase my old reliable black in the grained calfskin. But I'm finding the warm taupe has piqued my interest. Can anyone who has the warm taupe share how wearable the color is? What colors do you wear it with? What colors does it absolutely not go with? Is it similar to Hermes etoupe? I've scoured the internet and this board for pictures, and sometimes it looks kind of greige, other times it looks kind of purpley. So, I'm really not sure and would be so grateful for whatever help you can provide here.

I love the oblique guitar strap, but am concerned it will result in making the bag more difficult to style. The oblique pattern is quite busy. Do you find it only works with solid colored outfits? Does it fight with certain patterns? I'd be so grateful for any thoughts around this, as well.

I'm so excited to get this bag and am obsessing over deciding which one to get. Thank you for helping me figure it all out!
Sorry I can’t answer all your questions, but as far as colour goes, taupe did look more of a greige colour to me in the boutique. I think the colour is stunning and a true minimalist dream.
In terms of strap - I have medium bag so it had a leather strap come with, but I bought a canvas strap separately (mine’s the animal theme but also quite loud). I actually wear the canvas strap a lot because I find it waaaay more convenient. Actually use it for some other bags bc I love it so much. No idea if this helps at all but good luck with the purchase!!!

Reactions: Hippolyta
Sorry I can’t answer all your questions, but as far as colour goes, taupe did look more of a greige colour to me in the boutique. I think the colour is stunning and a true minimalist dream.
In terms of strap - I have medium bag so it had a leather strap come with, but I bought a canvas strap separately (mine’s the animal theme but also quite loud). I actually wear the canvas strap a lot because I find it waaaay more convenient. Actually use it for some other bags bc I love it so much. No idea if this helps at all but good luck with the purchase!!!
Thank you, this is very helpful! Especially with regard to your observations of the color. I have so much black. I also have a lot of warmer toned browns, so I'm really loving how the taupe looks like a cooler toned neutral. I'm assuming (hoping) it would be as versatile as black. And if it is more of a greige, I think it will be.

Also, it's so interesting to hear your thoughts on the guitar strap. I love the functionality and comfort of them so it's great to hear you've found your animal print one so wearable.

I'm interested in getting a medium bobby but don't know what color to get. I'm stuck between the grey or the grained beige. Do any of you have thoughts?
I have a grey medium and been loving it. I'd recommend to see bobby bags in person because the color (except black and latte) feels really different in person. Also, especially box calfskin, some might have scratches or minor damages unless it has never been opened. I haven't bought anything from online Dior, but I assume online purchase have similar experience.

I originally wanted to get a Cognac and saw 3 of them in store. 2 of them had scratches - one had several deep scratches on the back side- one had no scratch but had 2 outdents in the front. The plastic dior card was squeezed with the strap inside the bag, the bottom two corners of the card pushed out the front leather. I was going to get the outdented one, but my husband said stretched leather might not come back :sad:
My SA brought new pristine Grey one from back, the color was much darker in person, but it was still very pretty. I also considered Denim blue which is also darker in person, but ended up with the grey one.

I'm happy with grey. It's neutral color goes well with most color (warm or cool tone) of outfit. The color doesn't seem as dark in light outside. The gold hardware has pastel-ish vibe elevating the saturation of the overall look of the bag. Although box calfskin is fragile, I love its texture and shininess. I also have a small black bobby in calfskin and both of my bags are holding up pretty well. I don't baby my bags, but both haven't got scratches as the ones I saw in stores.

I haven't seen the grained beige yet. It must be beautiful too! You'd be happy with any color you choose.

Reactions: Hippolyta