Dior Bobby

I'm seriously considering the large Bobby as my first Dior bag. But I have some questions about its practicality and versatility for my needs that I'd be so grateful for some thoughts around.

Practically, my question is how much does the large bag fit? In the past I've fallen into the trap of believing influencers who claim a bag "fits so much!" only to discover their definition of "so much" (often a phone, card case, and lip balm) is nowhere near mine. :lol: Would anyone be willing to share a what's in my bag type of picture to show what you're able to carry on the daily?

With regard to versatility, I need guidance regarding color and how to style the oblique guitar strap.

Color wise, I was planning to purchase my old reliable black in the grained calfskin. But I'm finding the warm taupe has piqued my interest. Can anyone who has the warm taupe share how wearable the color is? What colors do you wear it with? What colors does it absolutely not go with? Is it similar to Hermes etoupe? I've scoured the internet and this board for pictures, and sometimes it looks kind of greige, other times it looks kind of purpley. So, I'm really not sure and would be so grateful for whatever help you can provide here.

I love the oblique guitar strap, but am concerned it will result in making the bag more difficult to style. The oblique pattern is quite busy. Do you find it only works with solid colored outfits? Does it fight with certain patterns? I'd be so grateful for any thoughts around this, as well.

I'm so excited to get this bag and am obsessing over deciding which one to get. Thank you for helping me figure it all out!
If you are still considering the bag, I would suggest buying it preloved. I took a huge hit when I sold my bag, I loved the look of it, but the strap started pilling and unraveling. As to how much you could fit, I took about the same as I always do. I had to pare down a bit, but unfortunately I never travel light. But, with any structured bag, it won't fit as much as say a hobo style.

Reactions: Hippolyta and Mousy
If you are still considering the bag, I would suggest buying it preloved. I took a huge hit when I sold my bag, I loved the look of it, but the strap started pilling and unraveling. As to how much you could fit, I took about the same as I always do. I had to pare down a bit, but unfortunately I never travel light. But, with any structured bag, it won't fit as much as say a hobo style.
I also sold my medium bobby and the strap. I think it looks bulky but the east west version is nice though I wish their strap is longer for cross body.