Dior Bobby

I will say I bought the Bobby blue east west bag in early February and I will say, yes the bag was beyond beautiful, BUT the leather was so delicate in the sense that it could easily damage. I took it on my trip to Berlin and after I came back to the states I noticed there was a water mark on the top part of the bag and the strap had a minor dent, perhaps due to my folding it in my luggage. Super beautiful bag but not for me, as I do not baby my bags. I’d say if you rarely use your bags this version of it is for you, but if you’re like me who is out and about, this version is not for you. Just wanted to share in case anyone is thinking of buying the leather version. I will say I am now highly inclined for the oblique version, because it is a lovely style.

• Thanks
Reactions: BB8
I will say I bought the Bobby blue east west bag in early February and I will say, yes the bag was beyond beautiful, BUT the leather was so delicate in the sense that it could easily damage. I took it on my trip to Berlin and after I came back to the states I noticed there was a water mark on the top part of the bag and the strap had a minor dent, perhaps due to my folding it in my luggage. Super beautiful bag but not for me, as I do not baby my bags. I’d say if you rarely use your bags this version of it is for you, but if you’re like me who is out and about, this version is not for you. Just wanted to share in case anyone is thinking of buying the leather version. I will say I am now highly inclined for the oblique version, because it is a lovely style.
Do you have the smooth or grained leather? Would you mind sharing a picture of the water mark? I‘ve been going back and forth about the Bobby but am quite anxious about the smooth leather. The grained has never been released in the cognac/camel colour, so smooth leather is my only option.

Do you have the smooth or grained leather? Would you mind sharing a picture of the water mark? I‘ve been going back and forth about the Bobby but am quite anxious about the smooth leather. The grained has never been released in the cognac/camel colour, so smooth leather is my only option.
It was the smooth leather. I don't have a photo of it as I sold it two days ago (after seeing the water mark). Perhaps a leather spray would help with this type of leather but I just didn't have the time or patience for that. Hope this helps.

Reactions: EveyB
Hi!
Could you lovelies educate me please? Does the Bobby come in three shades of brown, or two? I have seen camel, cognac and dark tan being mentioned, but was under the impression camel and cognac were the same? If not, is the cognac a deeper shade of brown than the camel? TIA!!!

I recently purchased a large Dior Bobby in grained black leather, Love Love Love the bag, it comes with the adjustable guitar strap, I would love to purchase a leather strap for it, can anyone recommend a nice leather strap?

Just gotten a medium bobby in camel and waiting for it to arrive. I'm nervous from all that I've read from various forums (some not so good ones) but I remembered how I felt when I carried it at the shop (excited and amazed by how versatile it can be, esp with my outfits). Does anyone feel the same when you've gotten your bobby? How's your experience so far?

I love mine as well! They are versatile and stylish. I have one small black and one medium grey. Medium holds essentials while traveling - passport, phone, card wallet and a small pouch. I got 1-2 scratches on each, but they still look great after 2 years. I don't baby them and have used them quite a lot.
Enjoy your bag! :smile:

I love mine as well! They are versatile and stylish. I have one small black and one medium grey. Medium holds essentials while traveling - passport, phone, card wallet and a small pouch. I got 1-2 scratches on each, but they still look great after 2 years. I don't baby them and have used them quite a lot.
Enjoy your bag! :smile:
I’ve been debating a second color. I have the large black and love it. Didn’t know if it was silly to get it in beige too