Gucci bag authentication services

Sadly, the paid-for one I used to recommend no longer does it.

I would be interested too. As others will know Gucci forum doesn't have an AT Gucci thread at the moment, and more importantly, authenticators on tPF are not a substitute for a paid-for service that offers recognised legitimacy in the face of any dispute.

Reactions: theprettymiss
Sadly, the paid-for one I used to recommend no longer does it.

I would be interested too. As others will know Gucci forum doesn't have an AT Gucci thread at the moment, and more importantly, authenticators on tPF are not a substitute for a paid-for service that offers recognised legitimacy in the face of any dispute.
I would like to know as well. I recently had a bag authenticated by drrunway, based on some recs from people in gucci fb group. But I’m not sure if there’s a better/more reliable authenticator out there for gucci.

Reactions: papertiger
I bye bags that I already own in a different colour or bags I know lots about on the second hand market. I don’t bye bags that is out of my knowledge on the preloved market. But some years ago (try 15) I bought more vintage bags and some are my most precious bags today. I am sorry to say that I don’t trust sellers out there today.

The best thing would be us Gucci lovers helping each other.
I don't trust authenticators, I mean, why should I trust them? How can I know if they are qualified enough to do that?
Besides, many parameters that I read online to authenticate a gucci bag are completely wrong.
I have 3 bags that I bought at Gucci and they are considered fake if you follow those rules...

The best thing would be us Gucci lovers helping each other.
I don't trust authenticators, I mean, why should I trust them? How can I know if they are qualified enough to do that?
Besides, many parameters that I read online to authenticate a gucci bag are completely wrong.
I have 3 bags that I bought at Gucci and they are considered fake if you follow those rules...
We don’t authenticate on here.

We don’t authenticate on here.
I know, and I'm not asking anyone to authenticate or say that someone should authenticate bags here.
But we Gucci fans, lovers, clients (...) have seen real Gucci bags before, we've bought them, we own them, so we could help each other at least giving some tips to avoid a scam.
Once I started buying vintage bags, I realized that internet is full of people who wake up and make videos or blog entries about "how to authenticate a gucci bag" and most of them are completely wrong, because I have Gucci bags that come from Gucci boutiques that, according to those rules, should be fake! And maybe fake bags pass as real bags!!

There are also many stories about different authentication services who have been tested and said that a real bag was fake and viceversa.

I wouldn't trust a service or anyone online, besides a Gucci lover who doesn't want to sell me a (fake) bag or his authentication service and who doesn't claim to have the power to authenticate any bag.

Last edited:
we could help each other at least giving some tips to avoid a scam.
ke) bag or his authentication service and who doesn't claim to have the power to authenticate any bag.
Authentication tips aren't done here either, for the reason of this being accessible to anyone and everyone and there's the potential of helping counterfeiters. If you don't trust authenticators, why would posts by random members who say they're Gucci owners (with no way to know their skill level) be more trustworthy than that?

Anyway, the easiest and guaranteed way to avoid scams is to buy directly from Gucci (as for any luxury brand). Problem solved.

Reactions: 880 and snibor
Authentication tips aren't done here either, for the reason of this being accessible to anyone and everyone and there's the potential of helping counterfeiters. If you don't trust authenticators, why would posts by random members who say they're Gucci owners (with no way to know their skill level) be more trustworthy than that?

Anyway, the easiest and guaranteed way to avoid scams is to buy directly from Gucci (as for any luxury brand). Problem solved.
Unfortunately some vintage items cannot br bought directly from Gucci.
I'm not saying someone should post to random strangers and trust them 100%, but I think we could easily help each other (via private messages) at least to avoid the most basic scams, or just to talk about the subject.
There's a topic about Gucci authentication on this forum, which is open to anybody. That could help counterfeiters as well. I just put in a Gucci code of one of my vintage purchases in the search bar and find pics of somebody else and authentication directly on that topic.
I don't trust professional authenticators because they get paid but there's no way to check if they're doing a good job or not.
Online (blogs, social media..) there are probably hundreds of people who claim to be "experts" and say a lot of things that are incorrect! According to these people's parameters, Gucci sells fakes because I have bags bought at the Gucci boutique which don't match their parameters!! And maybe a fake bag passes as a real bag!!
If I have a real gucci bag (bought at Gucci), if I am a Gucci client and I love Gucci, I cannot authenticate any bag, but at least I can help someone who is trying to buy that same bag.

Unfortunately some vintage items cannot br bought directly from Gucci.
I'm not saying someone should post to random strangers and trust them 100%, but I think we could easily help each other (via private messages) at least to avoid the most basic scams, or just to talk about the subject.
There's a topic about Gucci authentication on this forum, which is open to anybody. That could help counterfeiters as well. I just put in a Gucci code of one of my vintage purchases in the search bar and find pics of somebody else and authentication directly on that topic.
I don't trust professional authenticators because they get paid but there's no way to check if they're doing a good job or not.
Online (blogs, social media..) there are probably hundreds of people who claim to be "experts" and say a lot of things that are incorrect! According to these people's parameters, Gucci sells fakes because I have bags bought at the Gucci boutique which don't match their parameters!! And maybe a fake bag passes as a real bag!!
If I have a real gucci bag (bought at Gucci), if I am a Gucci client and I love Gucci, I cannot authenticate any bag, but at least I can help someone who is trying to buy that same bag.
We used to have an authenticate this Gucci with approved authenticators as a free service to members. We no longer have that. Members shouldn’t be “authenticating” anything via private messages. As mentioned, we also don’t give tips on how to authenticate.

This thread is to ask what paid authenticators people recommend. If anyone else has suggestions for paid authenticators, that would be a great help to some forum members.

Reactions: Rarsi and jellyv
One sneaky way to authenticate is to go to the boutique and ask if they provide servicing of vintage leather bags. Gucci did service my bamboo bag from 1999 in 2009 (however I bought it directly from their store).

Show them the bag. If the SA reels from it, you know something is wrong once they refuse.

Don’t bother with the common canvas monograms unless it is Dionysus - the SA will smell the game played.

We used to have an authenticate this Gucci with approved authenticators as a free service to members. We no longer have that. Members shouldn’t be “authenticating” anything via private messages. As mentioned, we also don’t give tips on how to authenticate.

This thread is to ask what paid authenticators people recommend. If anyone else has suggestions for paid authenticators, that would be a great help to some forum members.
I'm not saying that members of this forum should authenticate bags or give random tips. I'm saying that among us, gucci fans, lovers, clients, we should be able to speak about that subject and be useful to one another. I believe they do it on social media for ANY brand. There are no professional authenticators but only people who you can trust or not, but they answer to you only because they know that pair of shoes or that bag and can give their opinion on authentication. Just an opinion which you can take into consideration or not.
As for Gucci, I would reccommend NOT to follow some "rules" that you find online to authenticate Gucci bags, because some of them are completely wrong.
Paid authenticators are just paid, but how do you know if they are reliable or not?

Reactions: Bpurselover