2022 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Aug - brand showcase: A-F
4 Sept - brand showcase: G-L
11 Sept - brand showcase: M-R
18 Sept - brand showcase: S-Z
25 Sept - totes
2 Oct - satchels
9 Oct - crossbodies inc WOCS
16 Oct - shoulder bags
23 Oct - bucket bags
30 Oct - clutches
6 Nov - backpacks
13 Nov - bags that don’t count
20 Nov - pairing bags with shoes
27 Nov - pairing bags with other accessories
4 Dec - bag storage
11 Dec - SLGs
18 Dec - charms

Challenges:
Sept - bags in different locations
Oct - Halloween: wear orange or black bags
Nov - International Merlot Day: wear wine coloured bags or pair bags with wine.
Dec - use the bag.

@BowieFan1971 , is this it?

View attachment 5299195

I am with @880 , quality ready to wear can lasts a lifetime and as long as a handbag. Plus good outwear does elevate any look because, unlike handbags, you can hide anything inside and still look fabulous.
Perhaps to be sure of your purchase pass by Burberrys on your way to LV and try on one of their classic trenches and then you will know even more.
That’s it!

I’ve made a decision of my own. Nothing like as wonderful as yours @BowieFan1971 .

Despite loving it, I didn’t buy the pink Mini Alexa in Mulberry yesterday because it wasn’t why I went in. Plus I’d just bought the Coach Maddison in pink and they are a similar size.

I still had all the packaging, and hadn’t used it, so I’ve boxed the Maddison up to return and ordered the Mini Alexa! The Maddison is lovely but it just didn’t give me the same tingle.

My Alexa’s are my favourite bags. The mini in pink has my heart singing with joy. The colour is incredible. I’m so excited and can’t wait for it to arrive. :party:

YEY!!!! I’m so excited for you!!! It’s truly gorgeous and I agree it has a little more zing than the Coach bag (tho of course that was lovely too).

I actually always think it’s nice when a purchase leads you to the right purchase, especially if you can still return.

I’ve made a decision of my own. Nothing like as wonderful as yours @BowieFan1971 .

Despite loving it, I didn’t buy the pink Mini Alexa in Mulberry yesterday because it wasn’t why I went in. Plus I’d just bought the Coach Maddison in pink and they are a similar size.

I still had all the packaging, and hadn’t used it, so I’ve boxed the Maddison up to return and ordered the Mini Alexa! The Maddison is lovely but it just didn’t give me the same tingle.

My Alexa’s are my favourite bags. The mini in pink has my heart singing with joy. The colour is incredible. I’m so excited and can’t wait for it to arrive. :party:
I'm excited for you!

I've never tried this but spiralized zucchini is also a pasta substitute, I believe.
@Sparkletastic, I haven't caught up on all the posts yet, but I think you mentioned disliking the sticky texture of rice, and wanted to ask if you have tried basmati rice? I usually cook it in the rice cooker and if you are careful with the proportion of water added, it doesn't get clumpy or sticky.
@BowieFan1971, when you are back, I would love the recipe of your eggplant dish. :smile:
@Katinahat, good decision on the Alexa! I could tell from your posts that you really loved the pink Alexa after your visit to the stores. Enjoy, and looking forward to pictures.

Ah yes! Zucchini is great! :tup: It has a little more substance than cucumbers.

My January intentions/challenges update, as suggested by @ElainePG
1) use my bags - carried 10 bags
2) wear my scarves - 4 shawls and 6 scarves

In following the style conversations, elevating outfits, and wearing my scarves, here’s a dress/scarf/H horn pendant combo I wore to work from home on Friday.
View attachment 5298591
Love this!

Have you spiralized cucumbers? They make great noodle substitutes for pastas!
I’ve spiralized zucchini forever. :tup: When I cook “pasta”, I make the sauce / topping and put it over pasta for family and over spiralized zucchini, or pasta made from hearts of palm or seaweed for me. Yum!
I've never tried this but spiralized zucchini is also a pasta substitute, I believe.
@Sparkletastic, I haven't caught up on all the posts yet, but I think you mentioned disliking the sticky texture of rice, and wanted to ask if you have tried basmati rice? The texture is usually less chewy. I usually cook it in the rice cooker and if you are careful with the proportion of water added, it doesn't get clumpy or sticky.
@BowieFan1971, when you are back, I would love the recipe of your eggplant dish. :smile:
@Katinahat, good decision on the Alexa! I could tell from your posts that you really loved the pink Alexa after your visit to the stores. Enjoy, and looking forward to pictures.
I really hate all rice and almost all grains regardless of texture - that’s not movable. They taste like eating nothing to me. :shrugs: I think I’ll lean into what I know - zucchini, lentis, peas, beans and try out the eggplant suggestions. @BowieFan1971, I’d love the eggplant lasagna recipe too! I just really prefer the taste of veggies.

Interestingly, since my neurosurgery, desserts taste horrendous. :sad: They’re cloying and “empty” tasting. Made me sad when I couldn’t enjoy my favorite lemon tarts. I’m trying to be glad that I still really love fruit but it’s frustrating.

How do feel about gnocchi?
Absolutely no. :no: My brain tastes them as gummy, doughy bugs. Just consider my aversion to grains similar to people who don’t like veggies or meat - I really just don’t like them. The only time I like grains is in our family macaroni and cheese recipe and sometimes warm buttered rolls. And, since grains don’t have a unique nutritional value, I’m never going to force myself to eat them. :smile:

I typically eat mostly vegetables and animal protein (fish, seafood, poultry and lamb) and for health reasons (more Mr S than me) am trying to move from the latter as much as practical. So, I want to adapt vegetarian / vegan recipes without suffering through eating grains.

Last edited:
Absolutely no. :no: My brain tastes them as gummy, doughy bugs. Just consider my aversion to grains similar to people who don’t like veggies or meat - I really just don’t like them. The only time I like grains is in our family macaroni and cheese recipe and sometimes warm buttered rolls. And, since grains don’t have a unique nutritional value, I’m never going to force myself to eat them. :smile:

I typically eat mostly vegetables and animal protein (fish, seafood, poultry and lamb) and for health reasons (more Mr S than me) am trying to move from the latter as much as practical. So, I want to adapt vegetarian / vegan recipes without suffering through eating grains.
You could always after boiling them, coat them in spiralina or something like that and quickly fry them up a bit to make them crunchy.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and whateve

I typically eat mostly vegetables and animal protein (fish, seafood, poultry and lamb) and for health reasons (more Mr S than me) am trying to move from those as much as practical. So, I want to adapt vegetarian / vegan recipes without suffering through eating grains.
As a person who has been pre-diabetic, I will never give up animal protein. If you are trying to limit carbs, meat is the easiest way to do that. I don't like rice or potatoes much, never have, but now I avoid them even more due to the carbs. There are still ways you can cook rice or potatoes that tempt me though.

It is hard to eat out when you are trying to limit certain kinds of foods.

How wonderful that you naturally are drawn to foods that are good for you! I can give up pasta fairly easily because I like the sauces more than the noodles, but bread and baked goods are incredibly tempting to me.

Usually dried beans are substituted for meat protein in vegetarian recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.