Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Part 3:

Here are the current photos. I'm extremely pleased with the results and how easy Meltonian was to work with. Thank you for the invaluable suggestion, @Paris Girl!!! :hugs:

View attachment 5255918 View attachment 5255919 View attachment 5255921 View attachment 5255922

When the bag was completely dry there was still a noticeable colour difference between the front slip pocket and the rest of the bag:

View attachment 5255924 View attachment 5255929

So I added more of the black Meltonian to my existing mixture and focused on the pocket. Voila!

View attachment 5255925

I'm going to let the Bleeker sit for a week to allow the colour to cure before deep conditioning with Blackrocks. I'm not sure that's necessary, but don't want to take any chances. :blush:
It. Looks. Fabulous!

Wanted to update about my Courier if you guys don't mind because I got teary eyed. She's surprisingly absolutely perfect. Not a single stain or damage. Just a beautiful patina - especially under the flap. *This* takes the sting out of my lost slider. Well.. almost.

4 coats of CPR and Chamberlain's Healing Balm is all that's been applied so far. I'll let that absorb for a few days and add some BR but I couldn't wait until then to update.

EDIT: I polished the brass with Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream. That stuff is fantastic!!

View attachment 5255962

View attachment 5255963

View attachment 5255965

View attachment 5255967

View attachment 5255968

Oh my!!! She is simply GORGEOUS!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jacynthe and Hoku44
My ex-SO is a Michagander. Being a Jersey Girl, and South Jersey (we like to point that out at every opportunity) at that, I had never heard that before and genuinely laughed until I cried when he used that. I can't tell you honestly why I thought it was so funny. I thought he was pulling my leg. Thanks for the pronunciation guide! I would like to travel there in the future. And not just to stalk your rust collection :biggrin:
My 26-year-old nephew, who was raised on Loong-Gisland (I lived there for 5 years) is now in Northern MN with the Forest Service!! I was wondering what kind of transition that was. My sister said they gave him an enormous truck for work to drive around in so he is in heaven and would probably work for rent and food.
My father was from NYC. I learned how to say Long Gisland from him.

I'll tell you why Michagander is so funny. There is a Yiddish word - meshugana, which sounds very similar. It means crazy person.

My ex-SO is a Michagander. Being a Jersey Girl, and South Jersey (we like to point that out at every opportunity) at that, I had never heard that before and genuinely laughed until I cried when he used that. I can't tell you honestly why I thought it was so funny. I thought he was pulling my leg. Thanks for the pronunciation guide! I would like to travel there in the future. And not just to stalk your rust collection :biggrin:
My 26-year-old nephew, who was raised on Loong-Gisland (I lived there for 5 years) is now in Northern MN with the Forest Service!! I was wondering what kind of transition that was. My sister said they gave him an enormous truck for work to drive around in so he is in heaven and would probably work for rent and food.
Ha, ha! Loong-Gisland!! I had to say it a few times. I have a friend from Boston..."where's the keys to the cah?"

Your nephew needs an enormous truck for all the snow we get in the north! East coast gets a lot too though, so maybe it was easier for him to transition.

Part 2:

I use a large water bottle to ensure the bag is completely submerged during the dunk to avoid any water lines or marks. I've learned from previous mistakes that that can happen. :facepalm:

View attachment 5255908

Rinse thoroughly:

View attachment 5255914

Colour refreshing prep: I mixed Meltonian London Tan and Meltonian black with a bit of red acrylic paint to match the mahogany colour as closely as possible before adding the CPR:

View attachment 5255910 View attachment 5255912

Then added Leather CPR at a ratio of 3 parts CPR to 1 part Meltonian and mixed thoroughly. If there are no streaks of colour visible in the mixture, there will be no colour streaks on the leather. :tup:

View attachment 5255913

Post dunk the bag is lightly packed to restore its correct shape and ready to start conditioning with the mixture. NOTE: I'd forgotten that Meltonian instructed the cream be applied to dry leather only and went ahead using it on the bag right after dunking. Fortunately it seemed to make no difference... possibly because it was mixed with the CPR and I've continued doing so on 2 other bags.

View attachment 5255915
Do you need to seal the color in with resolene? If it gets wet, will it streak?

Part 3:

Here are the current photos. I'm extremely pleased with the results and how easy Meltonian was to work with. Thank you for the invaluable suggestion, @Paris Girl!!! :hugs:

View attachment 5255918 View attachment 5255919 View attachment 5255921 View attachment 5255922

When the bag was completely dry there was still a noticeable colour difference between the front slip pocket and the rest of the bag:

View attachment 5255924 View attachment 5255929

So I added more of the black Meltonian to my existing mixture and focused on the pocket. Voila!

View attachment 5255925

I'm going to let the Bleeker sit for a week to allow the colour to cure before deep conditioning with Blackrocks. I'm not sure that's necessary, but don't want to take any chances. :blush:

It looks great! I've been looking at the Bleeker bags lately...they always look so plush and comfy. And no hardware to worry about!

My sister loved the BT pocket purse! She was not huge on the station, which is ok. I know it is a love or hate style. I told her if she didn't like either of them to tell me, that it wouldn't hurt my feelings, and I would rather her tell me than take it home and throw it in a closet and forget about it. Now that would hurt my feelings! She knows how I feel about mom never carrying the bottle green Taylor lol! I love my stations, so I'm definitely not heartbroken it gets to stay with me. I hated that pocket purse, though. I don't know why, but that is my least favorite of the styles I've tried. The compartment bag is close in size, but works a little better for me.

ETA the court with the swinger strap wasn't too bad. It's decent as a shoulder bag.

My sister loved the BT pocket purse! She was not huge on the station, which is ok. I know it is a love or hate style. I told her if she didn't like either of them to tell me, that it wouldn't hurt my feelings, and I would rather her tell me than take it home and throw it in a closet and forget about it. Now that would hurt my feelings! She knows how I feel about mom never carrying the bottle green Taylor lol! I love my stations, so I'm definitely not heartbroken it gets to stay with me. I hated that pocket purse, though. I don't know why, but that is my least favorite of the styles I've tried. The compartment bag is close in size, but works a little better for me.

ETA the court with the swinger strap wasn't too bad. It's decent as a shoulder bag.
That's great! So interesting how some people just don't like the station.. To each their own... :smile: Congrats to your sister on her new little love and you are a great sister!

Yay for your sister getting a new bag! BTW. I sent you messages. ;)