Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful beginning to this week---promising to be a fantastic and interesting one! Today is Columbus Day, or thank goodness, also celebrated as Indigenous Peoples' Day as well. Les Ameriques for today's SOTD. Kermit Oliver gave equal billing to Columbus and the handsome Native American in his design---also found a big cat, monkey (leapers!) and some other cat up top wearing a scarf---what????
View attachment 5220021
View attachment 5220030

View attachment 5220031
That is an amazing scarf :faint:. I’m gobsmacked.

Reactions: bruxelles70
Ok, to be on-theme *I* am taking a leap (a long, outstretched leap similar to a shortstop trying to get a bouncing grounder)! I have leapt into the men’s section more than once and this one is a gav, Quatre Chevaux. How else can I stretch this to get to the theme… oh, it features horseshoes, which are worn by horses, who leap!

View attachment 5220414
I die, really :faint:. Snaussie, you look sooo faab in that. H: how on earth do they do it :faint:. I would scoop that one up in a NY minute. :faint:

Reactions: Nomad and Snausages
Me with animapolis today, thanks again to Blydia for this great tie! View attachment 5220558
Twins! Love the knot!
My Quatre Saisons is quite wrinkled but I captured a leaping bunny and a fox that could be doing just the same.View attachment 5220611View attachment 5220612
Oh what fun details!
My SOTD features two kangaroos! Reve d'Australie, one of my favorites!View attachment 5220624View attachment 5220625
Love! I’ve had several colorways and formats for this but haven’t tied them quite so nicely to highlight the dots.
A single horse leaping over the moon. My new Clair de lune.
View attachment 5220672View attachment 5220673
So pretty against the stripes!
Yesterday, I also wore Animapolis (it has zebras, too), and today Epopée with its horses.

View attachment 5220771

View attachment 5220774

View attachment 5220772

View attachment 5220775
Twins on both! I regret that I have but one neck to give to Hermès…
Thanks for the comments and likes on le petit duc! Will catch up later. Off topic heading into the office with samourais.View attachment 5220860
What a beautiful colorway!
one from the archive since I can't be bothered to get dressed today. Dans un jardin anglais. loads of little jumpy critters like squirrels, deer and rabbits. This has to be my favorite shirley scarf even though it lacks a contrast hem
View attachment 5220902
View attachment 5220901
View attachment 5220895
It’s beautiful! Definitely drool worthy vs drool bib worthy!
Well, I found several leapers in this Tropical Faubourg, but sharing my favorite non-cat critter. Its a week day work day for me today...
View attachment 5220962View attachment 5220963
Love that knot and perfect jacket to show off the soft colors!
Introducing my new-to-me SOTD, Le Jardin des Coptes. I found a centaur and a bunny in amongst the garden, but the real reason I purchased this scarf was for the adorable green frog leaping off of the lily pad.

View attachment 5220986View attachment 5220987View attachment 5220988View attachment 5220989
Perfect reds for your coloring!
Vintage Hourvari with leaping deer, bunnies, foxes, etc and hunters on horseback leaping after them.
View attachment 5221048
I feel like the deer in the center is saying ‘whee!’
Bunnies!!
View attachment 5221054
I always think of my FIL when I wear this. He used to call rabbits “Runny Bunnies”, and it always amused me - still does. ❤
Beautiful greens!
All the leaping, jumping jungle animals of La Marche du Zambeze
View attachment 5221078
View attachment 5221079

Deer of Tsubas
View attachment 5221081
View attachment 5221080

The leaping dolphin of L’Atlantide… and, there’s a monkey there, too
View attachment 5221083
View attachment 5221082

That little monkey carving away in the signet ring of Zenobie Reyne du Palmyre
View attachment 5221089
View attachment 5221084

The leapers of Savana Dance
View attachment 5221088
View attachment 5221087

And, the horses of the Apollo Fountain at Versailles leaping into the water…in Promenade and Flanerie à Versailles
View attachment 5221086
View attachment 5221097
I’m pretty sure you could spin a dishrag into a stunner and look like a million dollars. I’m always so impressed with your knowledge of the stories and details within each scarf
SOTD this afternoon Cheval Turc

View attachment 5221098
Beautiful red! Is that a clear scarf ring?!
Actual SOTD, Sichuan. Lots of jumping and leaping going on, not just the cute chubby Panda sitting and munching.

View attachment 5221134
Tried out some different ties and wondered why I don't wear this more often.

View attachment 5221136
View attachment 5221138

View attachment 5221140
Oh my goodness I love these earth tones! And I’m also admiring your scarf ring :nuts:
Some fish leaping out of the ocean on De la Mer au Ciel
View attachment 5221147

And some ski jumpers on Neige d'Antan

View attachment 5221149
Oh that blue :loveeyes:
Two big cats who can certainly leap. This isn't a great photo because I was laying my scarves on the floor to compare in the living room. I just purchased Acinonyx Jubatus which looks a lot like my Panthera Pardus. The AJ is a pale pink that's more watercolory versus the PP which is a cream background and sharper lines. I think I'm going to return the AJ but it is just lovely.

View attachment 5221240View attachment 5221241
The hem on the panther is divine!
I had some scarf mail waiting for me at the end of the day! I had hoped for this last week, but it crosses over nicely! I was holding out for a green cw, but am quite happy with this pretty gray Tigre who has joined my menagerie...(I am a dog person IRL but seem to be accumulating quite a few silky felines!)
View attachment 5221293
Ooooh I love that tiger!!!

They are certainly both beautiful, but I feel the same that they are pretty similar. What would you get in exchange if you returned the AJ? If you find something very different, but a design you love...?
Thanks! Yes, I'm thinking of getting the Zebra Pegasus CSGT in CW23. I think the giant triangles look very cool and I don't have any Zebra Pegasus.

They‘re both beautiful, but like you, I prefer PP. ❤
(so nice to see you here again!)
Thanks! Good to be back. Things seem to be slowly getting back to something resembling normal.

Thank you so much for the kind compliments, Karen. The pendant pearl is a deep golden South Sea drop from Pearl Paradise. The stud earrings are Sea of Cortez pearls from Guaymas, Mexico. This is the only salt water pearl farm in North America and their annual yield is quite small. It is a dream of mine to visit there one day. These pearls are very special tiny treasures.
They are indeed, RBH. I just love them. I hope you realize that dream!

• Thanks
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
Status
Not open for further replies.