Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful beginning to this week---promising to be a fantastic and interesting one! Today is Columbus Day, or thank goodness, also celebrated as Indigenous Peoples' Day as well. Les Ameriques for today's SOTD. Kermit Oliver gave equal billing to Columbus and the handsome Native American in his design---also found a big cat, monkey (leapers!) and some other cat up top wearing a scarf---what????
View attachment 5220021
View attachment 5220030

View attachment 5220031
Wow @bruxelles70 -- you found a cat on scarf wearing a scarf in a kind of weave knot! Talk about a "meta" scarf post...
Scarf Mail. off theme unless we stretch and say boats jump waves haha. my second cotton charm. Rialto in pink and neutrals. I never have done brown family neutrals because I always felt it blah with my coloring and hair. Impression from my youth that stuck. But in my now maturity I am learning to love this color family. I think this will be a very versatile scarf in my collection.
View attachment 5220111View attachment 5220112View attachment 5220113
Congratulations @Nomad! What a lovely Rialto! I think you can definitely wear these colors!
off topic: scarf-off with my daughter. drool scarf versus my DIY dip dye ivresse. I think she wins :P :love:
She's adorable! That hair! But her Mama's looking pretty good too @blydia!
I am happy to share today’s scarf mail… Regrettably late for Christine Henry week, but still apropos for this week. Cave Felem features a leaping cat and a leaping lizard for @Pirula… Happy to twin with @MAGJES and @momasaurus and cousin with many others, including @Foxy trini recently
View attachment 5220230
View attachment 5220241

Cave Felem is extra meaningful to me because of my two kitties, especially my sweet Mimi
View attachment 5220228

And here’s my darling Ponki
View attachment 5220229

The galloping flying horses of Galop Volant
View attachment 5220232
View attachment 5220231

As @Cookiefiend showed us in her closeup pics there are plenty of leaping critters in Au Coeur de la Vie… Here we can see another monkey and a weasel
View attachment 5220234
View attachment 5220233

There are many leaping critters hidden in Maitre de la Foret
View attachment 5220250

A monkey, two bunnies and a frog here
View attachment 5220248

A lizard and a squirrel here
View attachment 5220249

And, the leaping horses of Animaux Solaires
View attachment 5220251
Congratulations on your new Cave Felem! And seeing your two adorable cats I can see why this would be a must-have for you @Living.la.vida.fifi...
Ok, to be on-theme *I* am taking a leap (a long, outstretched leap similar to a shortstop trying to get a bouncing grounder)! I have leapt into the men’s section more than once and this one is a gav, Quatre Chevaux. How else can I stretch this to get to the theme… oh, it features horseshoes, which are worn by horses, who leap!

View attachment 5220414
I love this design and the colors-- definitely a home run @Snausages!
Me with animapolis today, thanks again to Blydia for this great tie! View attachment 5220558
Fantastic hem @laurenad! Blydia's knot is perfect for it...
My Quatre Saisons is quite wrinkled but I captured a leaping bunny and a fox that could be doing just the same.View attachment 5220611View attachment 5220612
I always wonder why I don't have this beauty in my collection-- it is such a wonderful wonderland full of creatures...
My SOTD features two kangaroos! Reve d'Australie, one of my favorites!View attachment 5220624View attachment 5220625
I am waiting for some snail mail to bring me this design-- love seeing the close-ups and how you have tied it @Forever Orange!
A single horse leaping over the moon. My new Clair de lune.
View attachment 5220672View attachment 5220673
It is spectacular in this cw @hotgalaxy-- congratulations. Beautiful choice!
Yesterday, I also wore Animapolis (it has zebras, too), and today Epopée with its horses.

View attachment 5220771

View attachment 5220774

View attachment 5220772

View attachment 5220775
Great examples @Agrume-- your Epopee cw is covetable...
Thanks for the comments and likes on le petit duc! Will catch up later. Off topic heading into the office with samourais.View attachment 5220860
I love this tie for Samurois @Awillow-- looks fabulous.
one from the archive since I can't be bothered to get dressed today. Dans un jardin anglais. loads of little jumpy critters like squirrels, deer and rabbits. This has to be my favorite shirley scarf even though it lacks a contrast hem
View attachment 5220902
View attachment 5220901
View attachment 5220895
Such a beautiful scarf @blydia and beautiful on you!

What a lovely cw @Redbirdhermes -- Perfect with sweater and your amazing pearls. We used to own a home called "The Birches" -- love their papery bark. Here is our Cape Cod birch at sunset...
View attachment 5219046
Thank you for all of your kind comments, LKB. I'm sure about 40 years ago our birch clump was as beautiful and contained as your lovely. Birch trees have a fairly short lifespan, so when the original clump of trees died out, we let the suckers around it grow up. At this point they are mature and reach across the entire patio and touch the roof of the house. But, these branches are beginning to die out as well, so the next generation of trees is now growing up. We had an arborist out earlier this year who told us in about 20 years the entire birch tree would be dead due to global warming, as our variety needs cold winters. I so did not want to hear that. I am very fond of these trees, especially for the shade they provide when we dine outdoors.

20211011_162621.jpg20211011_134343.jpg

Thank you for all of your kind comments, LKB. I'm sure about 40 years ago our birch clump was as beautiful and contained as your lovely. Birch trees have a fairly short lifespan, so when the original clump of trees died out, we let the suckers around it grow up. At this point they are mature and reach across the entire patio and touch the roof of the house. But, these branches are beginning to die out as well, so the next generation of trees is now growing up. We had an arborist out earlier this year who told us in about 20 years the entire birch tree would be dead due to global warming, as our variety needs cold winters. I so did not want to hear that. I am very fond of these trees, especially for the shade they provide when we dine outdoors.

View attachment 5221021View attachment 5221023
That is what our home in the Berkshires looked like! This one we have is both ornamental and sentimental-- I wanted one to remind me of the prior "grove" of birches. I know they are fragile but so lovely and whispery. Can't bear to think too much about trees and their perils. We just lost a 150 year old live oak in New Orleans to Hurricane Ida...Sorry-- don't mean to hijack the scarf thread with tree love during Quantum leap week but those critters need them too...

View attachment 5221021View attachment 5221023
Your birch trees are beautiful---I always love their shimmering leaves in afternoon sunlight---enjoy them!

What is more Hermès than horses?! Starting off this week's theme with some of my scarves featuring this beautiful animal! :love: I have always loved horses since I was a little girl, going to the stable is the highlight of the week. I suspect we will see many more horses this week...

Jumping - LeDoux
View attachment 5219931

Marine et Cavalerie - LeDoux
View attachment 5219930

Ecole Francaise d'Equitation - G Margot and Jean de Fougerolle
View attachment 5219929

Les Chevaux des Mongols - Jean de Fougerolle
View attachment 5219928

Napoleon - LeDoux
View attachment 5219932

One of several horses in Exposition Universelle - Jan Bajtlik
View attachment 5219933

Two of the horses in Animapolis - Jan Bajtlik
View attachment 5219934
Naessi, beautiful examples for this week, especially Jumping! Admiring your neutral cw of that one!

• Thanks
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
I like this cw of your Epopée very much!
Thank you, Bruxelles!

Well, I found several leapers in this Tropical Faubourg, but sharing my favorite non-cat critter. Its a week day work day for me today...
View attachment 5220962View attachment 5220963
Very cute, LKBNOLA! And again the perfect jacket.

Wow @bruxelles70 -- you found a cat on scarf wearing a scarf in a kind of weave knot! Talk about a "meta" scarf post...

Congratulations @Nomad! What a lovely Rialto! I think you can definitely wear these colors!

She's adorable! That hair! But her Mama's looking pretty good too @blydia!

Congratulations on your new Cave Felem! And seeing your two adorable cats I can see why this would be a must-have for you @Living.la.vida.fifi...

I love this design and the colors-- definitely a home run @Snausages!

Fantastic hem @laurenad! Blydia's knot is perfect for it...

I always wonder why I don't have this beauty in my collection-- it is such a wonderful wonderland full of creatures...

I am waiting for some snail mail to bring me this design-- love seeing the close-ups and how you have tied it @Forever Orange!

It is spectacular in this cw @hotgalaxy-- congratulations. Beautiful choice!

Great examples @Agrume-- your Epopee cw is covetable...

I love this tie for Samurois @Awillow-- looks fabulous.

Such a beautiful scarf @blydia and beautiful on you!
Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Introducing my new-to-me SOTD, Le Jardin des Coptes. I found a centaur and a bunny in amongst the garden, but the real reason I purchased this scarf was for the adorable green frog leaping off of the lily pad.

View attachment 5220986View attachment 5220987View attachment 5220988View attachment 5220989
more delightful frogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.