Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021

Alright, first-world problems you guys. The Barbour rain boots were just delivered and welp...I can't decide. Barbours are olive green with black trim (hard to see in pic) and the Hunters are obviously black with a gray buckle. The Barbour boots hit about 1/2 inch lower on the leg than the Hunters. Weight is about the same. The Barbour boots have a super cute tartan plaid lining, and are slightly easier to get on/off. Hunters have a little more cushion inside. Sizing is identical (both 7's). Would it be weird to have 2 of the same style? :giggle:Any opinions?

Hmm... They do look REALLY similar. Personally, I'd keep the Hunters because they will match more things better! I dont think you need to have both, but it also depends what you want and can afford of course :smile:.

Wanted to share a few items that haven't been talked about much. These Ecco boots are soooo comfortable. The leather is very soft. I can actually bend my foot when walking. I like the rugged look, lug sole, but don't have to clomp around like Frankenstein. Also really liked this little vest. Guess I'm channeling my inner Chandler (say that 3 times fast). Could it BE any cuter? Mixing prep with grunge. Calling it grep. ecco.jpegvest.jpeg

Wanted to share a few items that haven't been talked about much. These Ecco boots are soooo comfortable. The leather is very soft. I can actually bend my foot when walking. I like the rugged look, lug sole, but don't have to clomp around like Frankenstein. Also really liked this little vest. Guess I'm channeling my inner Chandler (say that 3 times fast). Could it BE any cuter? Mixing prep with grunge. Calling it grep. View attachment 5143055View attachment 5143058
Yes they are amazing boots. I also got another pair of ECCO boots that are also part of the sale.

Wanted to share a few items that haven't been talked about much. These Ecco boots are soooo comfortable. The leather is very soft. I can actually bend my foot when walking. I like the rugged look, lug sole, but don't have to clomp around like Frankenstein. Also really liked this little vest. Guess I'm channeling my inner Chandler (say that 3 times fast). Could it BE any cuter? Mixing prep with grunge. Calling it grep. View attachment 5143055View attachment 5143058
I've always heard Ecco shoes were super comfortable. Good choice! And I think that vest could be super cute styled the right way :tup:

I posted this earlier but this is a photo of each boot that I got.

Attachments

• EF7DB1DB-2EF2-458E-AB87-38A25F340F2C.jpeg
    EF7DB1DB-2EF2-458E-AB87-38A25F340F2C.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 61
Zappos has little socks for mules. I keep meaning to get a pair to wear with my slip on sneakers so I can’t vouch for them yet.

Looking for honest feedback...
I’m wondering what happens when your feet sweat in mules. I just bought my first pair, the Jenni Kayne mules and love them, and I hate my feet so I’m always looking for covered-toe shoe options. They’re beautiful and stay in me well.
But I’m wondering how you ladies fair with mules in warm weather. Do they get slip slidey? Stay on? Thanks!

Hmm... They do look REALLY similar. Personally, I'd keep the Hunters because they will match more things better! I dont think you need to have both, but it also depends what you want and can afford of course :smile:.
They are suuuper similar! I truly don't know why I ordered the Barbours too. I guess it was a "just in case" purchase. While a do need a pair of proper rain boots (my winter boots are waterproof, but, well...they are winter boots), I definitely don't *need* 2 pairs. I played myself on this one!

Oh.my.god.

My dog is very old and has cancer and recently adopted my jenni kayne sheepskin rug and cashmere throw. I try to think of the these costs as “part of his cancer treatment” (astronomical), and just looking at him curled up in “his” throw, on “his” rug, with his old man diaper on is enough to forgive the puddles of drool etc. that he’s leaving all over everything.

So sorry to hear about your dog :sad:.

Ok, so my initial order from Friday just came in. I just got some staple pieces, nothing too exciting, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I really like all of it, and nothing has to go back!

1 & 2: Halogen Crewneck Sweater in Ivory Cloud and Black (I ordered the black two days after my first order, and it showed up today as well). They are soft, and fit really nicely. Slimmer fit, but not fitted. Looks really nice tucked in too, because they aren't bulky - light weight, but cozy. The cuff detail is really nice and adds a little something to an otherwise simple top. Thinking about ordering another color. Runs tts.

3: 1.State Pintuck cami in Ivory: The pintuck detail in nicely done, and the cami is lined, so not see-through at all. I have a black one from 1.Sate that's very similar, so I knew what to expect. Runs mostly TTS. I got my usual XS, but an XXS could work too probably.

4. Hunter Short Adjustable-Back Rain Boots: I was surprised by these - they are heavier than I expected, but not overly so. The cushioned insoles were a nice surprise. They are way more comfortable than I thought they would be. I'm pretty much a true 7.5 and purchased a 7 - they have plenty of room if I wanted to wear a thicker sock. I also ordered a pair of Barbour rain boots (not from Nordstrom) that should be here today. Gonna compare and see which one I like best.

I got a pair of the Natori girl briefs to try. Sized up to a Small - I always size up in undies. They seem pretty nice and are comfortable. Don't know if I would want to pay 20$ each time, but I like the sale price, so I think I'm going to order a few more pairs.

Husband's Saxx boxer briefs as as expected. He loves that brand. Still waiting on his Vince polo to arrive.

Ordered the North Face Winter Warm leggings last night, so I'm eager to try those. I love fleece lined leggings for hiking in the winter, and these look like they could be a little less bulky than my fleece line leggings from Athleta.

Still debating on whether I should order the North Face Acropolis Parka in grey.

Ordered the 1.State cami after seeing your key words "not see-through at all" :smile:
Then I decided to get the Halogen crewneck sweaters as well....

Need to stop buying things after seeing how nice people wore the items here :doh:

Alright, first-world problems you guys. The Barbour rain boots were just delivered and welp...I can't decide. Barbours are olive green with black trim (hard to see in pic) and the Hunters are obviously black with a gray buckle. The Barbour boots hit about 1/2 inch lower on the leg than the Hunters. Weight is about the same. The Barbour boots have a super cute tartan plaid lining, and are slightly easier to get on/off. Hunters have a little more cushion inside. Sizing is identical (both 7's). Would it be weird to have 2 of the same style? :giggle:Any opinions?

They're both cute!

If you live someplace where it rains enough, then yes! Definitely! Always nice to have more than one option.

I am in CA and have no need for the two pair of rain boots I have now. It's been so long since I have had to wear them that I don't even know where they are! :P