MJ Chat Thread

No, I do. It’s ok. I’ve (mostly) accepted it lol

I have a Trader Joe’s flower problem

What color are you thinking for the little stam? I have a black and a pink python embossed stardust but don’t use them anymore. I don’t think the little stams look dated. I do have a fluo pink large stam, though, and that’s the one I have to admit does look like it came straight out of 2008.
View attachment 5109110
Buying fresh flowers is a problem that is allowed.

I like the brown little Stam with the burgundy suede lining but I am really undecided.

Anyone, including you, can roll your eyes as you read this, but sometime within the last 2 to 3 years I lost my handbag identity. I know what shoes I like to wear and for the most part clothes too. I had a bunch of MbMJ bags that I sold and I sold them at a good time and don’t miss them.

I bought a Bal bag at a reduced price a few years ago and just sold it to FP. I bought it at such a reduced price I did fairly well.

I bought a LV Speedy a few years ago and while I admit it’s not an original bag, I like that I can just fit all my stuff in it easily.

I have several small bags and clutches that I really like to look at but they are really too small for my daily use. I need to stop buying them. There was a quilted “Sofia Loves” MJ clutch on the Rack website. Luckily it’s gone now but if past history is any indication it will show up again for me to agonize over.

I guess my real lifestyle is not in sync with the bags I like, clutches and small bags.

Buying fresh flowers is a problem that is allowed.

I like the brown little Stam with the burgundy suede lining but I am really undecided.

Anyone, including you, can roll your eyes as you read this, but sometime within the last 2 to 3 years I lost my handbag identity. I know what shoes I like to wear and for the most part clothes too. I had a bunch of MbMJ bags that I sold and I sold them at a good time and don’t miss them.

I bought a Bal bag at a reduced price a few years ago and just sold it to FP. I bought it at such a reduced price I did fairly well.

I bought a LV Speedy a few years ago and while I admit it’s not an original bag, I like that I can just fit all my stuff in it easily.

I have several small bags and clutches that I really like to look at but they are really too small for my daily use. I need to stop buying them. There was a quilted “Sofia Loves” MJ clutch on the Rack website. Luckily it’s gone now but if past history is any indication it will show up again for me to agonize over.

I guess my real lifestyle is not in sync with the bags I like, clutches and small bags.
someone needs to tell me i don’t need another pothos

no eye rolling here. i know what you mean. like one of my favorite bags is the salome but will i ever use it? absolutely not. what event is this even appropriate for?! but it looks lovely on a shelf.

8402431E-3F22-4164-A683-27D738D3E924.jpeg
the speedy is a classic. and sort of marc adjacent.

Reactions: Mimmy
someone needs to tell me i don’t need another pothos

no eye rolling here. i know what you mean. like one of my favorite bags is the salome but will i ever use it? absolutely not. what event is this even appropriate for?! but it looks lovely on a shelf.

View attachment 5109155
the speedy is a classic. and sort of marc adjacent.
Wow! I would love to look at the Salome!

Do you still have your Ray Deja Vu? Another stunner and a bag that can be used too.

I think you’re right. I should just buy the Sofia Loves clutch if it comes up again. Even if I don’t use it much it will remind me of what MJ bags used to be like.

Wow! I would love to look at the Salome!

Do you still have your Ray Deja Vu? Another stunner and a bag that can be used too.

I think you’re right. I should just buy the Sofia Loves clutch if it comes up again. Even if I don’t use it much it will remind me of what MJ bags used to be like.
I’m right sometimes! It happens!

I do. Whether or not it can be used is up for debate:crybaby:

07029CBF-6C42-402E-99A4-8A8FC7871F03.jpeg

I had this exact issue fixed by MJ repair couple years ago. I used it a handful of times since and it broke again. So disappointing because I LOVE this bag.

It retailed for $5k. QuaLitY

(I paid $85, I think it was)

I’m right sometimes! It happens!

I do. Whether or not it can be used is up for debate:crybaby:

View attachment 5109170

I had this exact issue fixed by MJ repair couple years ago. I used it a handful of times since and it broke again. So disappointing because I LOVE this bag.

It retailed for $5k. QuaLitY

(I paid $85, I think it was)
Ugh, sorry your bag broke again. I haven’t sent anything to MJ repairs for years. It is such a stunning bag!
I’m not posting a photo of mine after seeing yours lol Yours looks so much happier.
This particular plant is happy.

I have heard that succulents are so easy to care for. I managed to kill 2 in rapid succession. I think I heard the one I recently bought at IKEA quietly screaming when I picked it up.

• Haha
Reactions: Jktgal
Ugh, sorry your bag broke again. I haven’t sent anything to MJ repairs for years. It is such a stunning bag!

This particular plant is happy.

I have heard that succulents are so easy to care for. I managed to kill 2 in rapid succession. I think I heard the one I recently bought at IKEA quietly screaming when I picked it up.
I should email them to see if they’ll fix it again. I don’t know why I haven’t.

Ha, I am also an accidental plant murderer. It took me two years to kill my beloved cactus but I finally did it. RIP Daisy

Have been using my new small tote in the "warm sand" color. Avoided this one for a while because all the online pics make it look like a dark, warm tan, but in real life it's a bit lighter, which is good. I sold my summer tote because worrying over the embroidered letters coming unraveled was too much lol.

I have a bag shaper with pockets in it, so I can carry and organize a lot of stuff. Have taken to carrying a notebook, planner, and in the future another notebook, so I needed more room than my beloved black leather mini tote can offer me.

I am so in love with this bag! It is a little softer than the summer tote so it conforms to my body more, even with the shaper, and I'm not as worried about keeping this one super pristine since it isn't white. Might buy the mini version sometime, as I love the design so much.

93337187-290F-46D1-BF5E-28BB8F3F6322.JPG5290A2A7-4E3E-4152-B452-8A3A5521F0E4.JPG787BFE85-32EE-4B66-A79F-4700E25AF671.JPG

Have been using my new small tote in the "warm sand" color. Avoided this one for a while because all the online pics make it look like a dark, warm tan, but in real life it's a bit lighter, which is good. I sold my summer tote because worrying over the embroidered letters coming unraveled was too much lol.

I have a bag shaper with pockets in it, so I can carry and organize a lot of stuff. Have taken to carrying a notebook, planner, and in the future another notebook, so I needed more room than my beloved black leather mini tote can offer me.

I am so in love with this bag! It is a little softer than the summer tote so it conforms to my body more, even with the shaper, and I'm not as worried about keeping this one super pristine since it isn't white. Might buy the mini version sometime, as I love the design so much.

View attachment 5122111View attachment 5122112View attachment 5122113
This tote looks stylish and functional. It’s always helpful to see what fits inside also.

Marc Jacobs Runway collection will be sold exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman now. Live runway show tonight.

Marc Jacobs, Heaven collection and reduced merchandise will be sold online at Marc Jacobs and in his stores.

Looking forward to seeing the runway bags!

Hi everyone! Newbie here, when would you say say each were released? I can’t find either on the MJ site :sad: . I have seen the ombré purple one in person at David Jones, but not the other. Was also wondering if buying from 24s is reliable?

Attachments

• CF1450DC-DE2F-45A2-9660-59309944EA30.jpeg
    CF1450DC-DE2F-45A2-9660-59309944EA30.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 323EF09B-E61C-4022-A50B-011537F57A98.jpeg
    323EF09B-E61C-4022-A50B-011537F57A98.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3
I don’t know why but I Love the older style bags and MJ for 20 years ago… I’m looking at a vintage small multi pocket on the resale market. It has silver hardware which I know is an earlier style than the black one I own from the 2000’s with gold hardware but did the multi pocket ever have canvas lining? The one I’m looking at does and I’m wondering if it’s a knockoff.

Attachments

• 7CD2CBB8-1F0C-4766-9C8D-C7F148E4B23A.jpeg
    7CD2CBB8-1F0C-4766-9C8D-C7F148E4B23A.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 10