Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I think those are the biggest differences: actually asking you for permission, and (I'm assuming) no backstabbing of you constantly. My SIL has an absolutely wonderful nickname, and their neighbor loved it so much, she gave her newborn daughter the same name and nickname without asking. Granted, not the same family, but my SIL was not amused.
My husband's first cousins truly annoyed me. One stole the first name I was going to use for my firstborn if it had been a girl, then proceeded to name her son the same first AND middle name as my son! Her sister then used the same first and middle names for her daughter as my daughter! My daughter's middle name is a family name from my side of the family, and being from a different culture, has absolutely nothing to do with the cousin's daughter. I was actually shocked. Haven't these people ever heard of baby name books??? WTF?! :cursing: And no, neither asked our permission. My husband's grandmother had 2 sets of grandchildren with the exact damn names.
How ridiculous! What does the poor woman do to differentiate between them? Jane 1 and Jane2? Do they have different nicknames? I think it really sucks lemons when people are so unimaginative that they have to steal.

I never completely figured it out, but it was so close to the wedding that I thought that she was trying to make Charles' BD party about her. She was sashaying around like she owned the place. The grey men were watching her and didn't like it and informed Charles who doesn't like his limelight taken away so off they were sent!

Like maybe she marched in to the party thinking it would be such a treat for the old folks to see how vibrant and wonderful she was? Never once considering that she looked like a pushy show-off who was trying to upstage everyone else, including her host. That sounds about right.

Still, I can't help but wonder if it was something even worse.

How ridiculous! What does the poor woman do to differentiate between them? Jane 1 and Jane2? Do they have different nicknames? I think it really sucks lemons when people are so unimaginative that they have to steal.
LOL, insane right? Our sons are both Jack, so no difference there! DH's uncle's granddaughter's nickname is "Alex" and he calls my daughter Alex as well, which drives her nuts, since we don't use that nickname. :P

That's exactly it. She used to have an oval, flat-ish, pretty face and now she has those Jennifer Lawrence projecting cheeks and fuller lips. (J Law has also had her fair share of facial surgery, but that's another story.)

Camilla immediately fit in. I was watching from the beginning and she's a natural for the BRF.
I think coming from an upper class British family definitely helps quite a bit. Meghan was like a fish out of water to start with, but then was like salmon swimming the wrong way the entire time. She did succeed in spawning. :biggrin:

Like maybe she marched in to the party thinking it would be such a treat for the old folks to see how vibrant and wonderful she was? Never once considering that she looked like a pushy show-off who was trying to upstage everyone else, including her host. That sounds about right.

Can't remember if this was the party, but at one she was overheard telling Haz, within a very short time after arrival, that she was "bored and why couldn't they leave?"

Can't remember if this was the party, but at one she was overheard telling Haz, within a very short time after arrival, that she was "bored and why couldn't they leave?"

I remember that too. I can certainly believe she was bored but I'd be surprised if she'd allow anyone to overhear her saying it. That's the kind of thing where she would desperately clutch Harry's arm and urgently whisper it into his ear. :biggrin:

I don't think Charles would be so annoyed if it was only that they put in a brief appearance and left. And Harry wouldn't have any reason to be annoyed about it.

That is a good description! She wiggled her hips something fierce too :lol: She was still slim and looked good. I think she also made some comments to people that she was speaking with and the courtiers overheard. It must have been something inappropriate. I also think that "inappropriate" on a royal level is not the same as "inappropriate" on the level of we little people. She may not have realized that what she said was no bueno.