Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

For what it's worth (which is pretty much nothing), a niece named her daughter after me, and her nickname is what my father used to call me. It was after my father died. My niece asked permission to use both my name and my father's nickname for me, and honestly, it's brought me great joy. But then, she's not broadcasting nasty crap about generational angst within our family. So, similar, but certainly not the same.

Agree but look at her face side by side with Trevor's, you'll see what I'm talking about :lol: And in OW interview, she looked like J Law with smoky eye makeup :nuts: What a natural beauty!
That's exactly it. She used to have an oval, flat-ish, pretty face and now she has those Jennifer Lawrence projecting cheeks and fuller lips. (J Law has also had her fair share of facial surgery, but that's another story.)
H looks miserable and Camilla is asking for help!

Camilla immediately fit in. I was watching from the beginning and she's a natural for the BRF.

reminds me of the story about H after D died - all the flowers irritated him because "they did not know her", sometimes reactions are not what you expect
in general, are family members thrilled or aghast after children being/not being named after them ? It varies, it is a family thing ...
Roker has a right to perceive this as an honor ... it is HIS truth ... however, opinions may vary
yes Roker has a right to his opinion. I don't think H&M intended this to be disrespectful. what I think is (just my opinion) they wanted it to look like they were honoring the queen. and to use this as a way to "stay royal"

And reading the lines in your palms. My mother read mine before getting married years ago and it’s been spot on. Wonder what M’s palm ✋ read? Okay, won’t go there! I started to and deleted it. :lol::lol:
You know, I'm not really superstitious and I don't put my stock into palm readers, but I had mine read for fun at 19. Although I put no stock into what was said at the time, when I look back and think about it, I'm shocked at how much actually came true!

For what it's worth (which is pretty much nothing), a niece named her daughter after me, and her nickname is what my father used to call me. It was after my father died. My niece asked permission to use both my name and my father's nickname for me, and honestly, it's brought me great joy. But then, she's not broadcasting nasty crap about generational angst within our family. So, similar, but certainly not the same.
I think those are the biggest differences: actually asking you for permission, and (I'm assuming) no backstabbing of you constantly. My SIL has an absolutely wonderful nickname, and their neighbor loved it so much, she gave her newborn daughter the same name and nickname without asking. Granted, not the same family, but my SIL was not amused.
My husband's first cousins truly annoyed me. One stole the first name I was going to use for my firstborn if it had been a girl, then proceeded to name her son the same first AND middle name as my son! Her sister then used the same first and middle names for her daughter as my daughter! My daughter's middle name is a family name from my side of the family, and being from a different culture, has absolutely nothing to do with the cousin's daughter. I was actually shocked. Haven't these people ever heard of baby name books??? WTF?! :cursing: And no, neither asked our permission. My husband's grandmother had 2 sets of great grandchildren with the exact damn names.

Edited: great grandchildren

Last edited:
Before all the extra plastic surgery, Botox or whatever. MoM looked like Trevity Trev Trev here.

No, she had already had her nose done, but it definitely appears "thinner" now .. so, she likely had another nose job after this one. I'm intrigued by her hair color here; a much lighter brown (with - blonde? highlights). Hmmmm .. was she trying NOT to look like a WOC here?

You know, I'm not really superstitious and I don't put my stock into palm readers, but I had mine read for fun at 19. Although I put no stock into what was said at the time, when I look back and think about it, I'm shocked at how much actually came true!

I'm shocked how accurate it was too. I've never had my palm read before or since but apparently where my mother was from, they did before one's wedding and she used a paperback book to understand the lines in the hand. She also double checked the wedding date (here is an example of numbers :smile:) we picked and there were other traditions that I wasn't aware of until I got married.

Sorry for off topic stuff but very interesting. Still wonder what M's would have said though. :biggrin:

yes Roker has a right to his opinion. I don't think H&M intended this to be disrespectful. what I think is (just my opinion) they wanted it to look like they were honoring the queen. and to use this as a way to "stay royal"

I think they care more about whether casual observers think they were trying to honor the Queen than if the Queen herself believed it. They are all consumed with the smoke and mirrors of manipulating public opinion and they forget that some people will always be able to see through them. Maybe they don't care as long as most people believe it. Apparently Al Roker is firmly on their side for what that's worth. :biggrin:

Do we know why the dastardly duo were asked to leave Charles’ garden party?
I never completely figured it out, but it was so close to the wedding that I thought that she was trying to make Charles' BD party about her. She was sashaying around like she owned the place. The grey men were watching her and didn't like it and informed Charles who doesn't like his limelight taken away so off they were sent!

I never completely figured it out, but it was so close to the wedding that I thought that she was trying to make Charles' BD party about her. She was sashaying around like she owned the place. The grey men were watching her and didn't like it and informed Charles who doesn't like his limelight taken away so off they were sent!
I like that theory