Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Congrats on the new bracelet!!!

I just looked at my white gold small love and yea the screw does seem to stick out a bit more than my rose gold love. But the rose gold is the original size, so I’m not sure if that plays a role in it or not.

I tried to take a pic for you but I could not get the camera on my phone to focus that close up

My small WG side screw sticks out a tad more than the YG classic too. I tried to take a pic too, hope that helps?

The screw on the slim love does stick out a bit more compared to the regular size love. But it should be the same on two thin loves…

Thank you guys - this is really helpful. I’m toying with the idea of heading to the boutique for an authenticity check - but I almost rather not know if it’s a rep as it was a gift (and I want to love it all the same!)…. Will update. But thank you guys so much.

In the meantime, if anyone has 2x small Loves with varying screw sizes, please let me know!

I purchased my first Cartier classic YG love bracelet this weekend. I’m a little confused about the sizing. For me, comfort is far more important than aesthetics. When I measure my wrist with a tape measurer I’m 6 inches. But when I use the Cartier measurer found on their website I get 16 cm. So...I guess that I’m probably between 15.5 to 16 cm.
I live in a very hot and very humid climate. There’s virtually no winter and it’s subtropical. I also travel to the Middle East rather frequently to visit family in the summer and it can get crazy hot..I’m talking like upwards of 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Anyway. I purchased a 17 as per my SA’s recommendation. The entire next day I second guessed myself and started to freak out. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating (feeling a little hot) and I could already tell the bracelet was making me feel claustrophobic....and tight/sweaty is just not comfortable IMO. Major buyers remorse. What if I gain weight? What if my arm swells? What about my climate in the summer? This was a $7,000 purchase and I intend to wear it 24/7 for years down the road. What’s the point if it’s sitting in a jewelry box and I can’t wear it?I tend to prefer a looser fit. I feel that looser is better because if something is uncomfortable or just physically does not fit on the wrist, well, there’s not much you can do. You can’t make it larger but there are tactics to prevent a loose bangle or bracelet from sliding too much up and down the arm. I wear a set of 18k lightweight round bangles on my other hand and I’m used to the movement. I personally think it isn’t just about wrist size but also about your anatomy because some people just have bulkier wrists and more prominent wrist bones. These are my thoughts.

I decided to go back to the store the next day before there were any minor scratches and I tried on the 18. The SA told me no way...even the 17 is big for you! A tight fit would be a 16. What? I know some people prefer a tight fit but that just seemed crazy to me. I tried on the 18 and I much preferred it. I went with my gut and exchanged the 17 for the 18 and I had it sent to NY for engraving services. So my decision is final now, no going back. Maybe I’m just used to a loose bangle like fit. I will attach some photos that I took today in the store of the 18. Please, someone tell me that I won’t regret this decision!!! This was a special gift for my first Mother’s Day.

I’m also attaching a photo of my other bangle set. They’re individually lightweight (6) but all together weigh about 30grams total. I haven’t taken them off for the last three years. I love them and I’m used to all the movement.

D6803666-222B-478C-9951-B2792A5B8909.jpeg

61C4C718-9E3D-4D20-B9B5-8AF2DD4443BA.jpeg

8E1C0702-6A1E-4D14-98DE-92DAB15A3B41.jpeg

D201E5E5-9C26-4E4D-BBF5-F614A445C333.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased my first Cartier classic YG love bracelet this weekend. I’m a little confused about the sizing. For me, comfort is far more important than aesthetics. When I measure my wrist with a tape measurer I’m 6 inches. But when I use the Cartier measurer found on their website I get 16 cm. So...I guess that I’m probably between 15.5 to 16 cm.
I live in a very hot and very humid climate. There’s virtually no winter and it’s subtropical. I also travel to the Middle East rather frequently to visit family in the summer and it can get crazy hot..I’m talking like upwards of 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Anyway. I purchased a 17 as per my SA’s recommendation. The entire next day I second guessed myself and started to freak out. I woke up in the middle of the night sweating (feeling a little hot) and I could already tell the bracelet was making me feel claustrophobic....and tight/sweaty is just not comfortable IMO. Major buyers remorse. What if I gain weight? What if my arm swells? What about my climate in the summer? This was a $7,000 purchase and I intend to wear it 24/7 for years down the road. What’s the point if it’s sitting in a jewelry box and I can’t wear it?I tend to prefer a looser fit. I feel that looser is better because if something is uncomfortable or just physically does not fit on the wrist, well, there’s not much you can do. You can’t make it larger but there are tactics to prevent a loose bangle or bracelet from sliding too much up and down the arm. I wear a set of 18k lightweight round bangles on my other hand and I’m used to the movement. I personally think it isn’t just about wrist size but also about your anatomy because some people just have bulkier wrists and more prominent wrist bones. These are my thoughts.

I decided to go back to the store the next day before there were any minor scratches and I tried on the 18. The SA told me no way...even the 17 is big for you! A tight fit would be a 16. What? I know some people prefer a tight fit but that just seemed crazy to me. I tried on the 18 and I much preferred it. I went with my gut and exchanged the 17 for the 18 and I had it sent to NY for engraving services. So my decision is final now, no going back. Maybe I’m just used to a loose bangle like fit. I will attach some photos that I took today in the store of the 18. Please, someone tell me that I won’t regret this decision!!! This was a special gift for my first Mother’s Day.

I’m also attaching a photo of my other bangle set. They’re individually lightweight (6) but all together weigh about 30grams total. I haven’t taken them off for the last three years. I love them and I’m used to all the movement.
You made the right decision- go with your gut! I agonized exchanging my love for a bigger size. When I brought it back my SA admitted she sometimes wishes she had a bigger size!

Today is the first hot and humid day in Boston and my wrist swelled a full 0.5 cm. I was shocked. It went from 14 to 14.5. I never noticed this before. My bracelet fits perfect! I would rather have lose in the winter and perfect in the summer than snug in the winter and unbearable in the heat!

View attachment 5091133

View attachment 5091134

View attachment 5091135

View attachment 5091136

View attachment 5091137
Congrats it looks gorgeous on your wrist.

View attachment 5091133

View attachment 5091134

View attachment 5091135

View attachment 5091136

View attachment 5091137
We must have the exact wrist size My wrist is 15.5cm and I have a size 17. On days like these that’s it’s hot and humid, I wish it were just a tad looser. You’ve made the right decision! Enjoy your fabulous new piece!

Reactions: kmang011

View attachment 5091133

View attachment 5091134

View attachment 5091135

View attachment 5091136

View attachment 5091137

Well, once you get it engraved, there's no going back. All of mine are engraved, and I also have the 2 cm size difference that your SA recommended, which I think is the right size for your wrist.

However, I don't think the size 18 is the wrong size for you either in your case. The bracelets you are used to wearing are "rounded" in shape so it has that bangle feel that you are used to; whereas, the Love is oval and contours to one's arm so it is probably something you are less used to - therefore, you went with the larger size to sort of re-create what you are used to wearing. There's a few users who also prefer the "looser" than normal "loose" fit on the forum.

You are right - it is ok to go looser but harder to wear something that is too tight or fitted. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I’m new to the love club - and very happy to be here!

My MIL recently gifted a pre-loved Cartier SM in WG to me. She knew I wanted one, and she wasnt using hers, so I’m a lucky recipient! I love it dearly and think it’s stunning!

However, I recently brought it to the store (to see how it’d stack with a YG SM) and realised that my screw is juuuuust a little bit longer than the one in store. I don’t want to ask her if it’s authentic as that would be rude - but does anyone here know if this is a normal issue among the auths? Everything else is perfect - the width, the shine, the screw motifs. I’ve looked at a ton of pictures and it looks like the length of my screw is fine, but I just want to be sure.

Thank you for your help in advance!

View attachment 5089193
Hmm.. I am also noticing that they do not stack perfectly. The WG gold looks bigger in circumference. Can you show us a picture of the inside of the bracelet and the hinge mechanism?

View attachment 5091133

View attachment 5091134

View attachment 5091135

View attachment 5091136

View attachment 5091137

This size looks perfect on you!

Hi everyone!
I’m new to the love club - and very happy to be here!

My MIL recently gifted a pre-loved Cartier SM in WG to me. She knew I wanted one, and she wasnt using hers, so I’m a lucky recipient! I love it dearly and think it’s stunning!

However, I recently brought it to the store (to see how it’d stack with a YG SM) and realised that my screw is juuuuust a little bit longer than the one in store. I don’t want to ask her if it’s authentic as that would be rude - but does anyone here know if this is a normal issue among the auths? Everything else is perfect - the width, the shine, the screw motifs. I’ve looked at a ton of pictures and it looks like the length of my screw is fine, but I just want to be sure.

Thank you for your help in advance!

View attachment 5089193

I’m no expert, but the screw looks like an entirely different shape and size between the wg and yg in your photo. In addition, the white gold looks a lot whiter and brighter than Cartier’s typical wg without diamonds. I’d be a little skeptical but again... I’m really no expert!

View attachment 5091133

View attachment 5091134

View attachment 5091135

View attachment 5091136

View attachment 5091137
You made the right decision by exchanging it! I am 100% positive. Enjoy your bracelet :smile: