In Honor of Elsa Peretti- Please Post Your Favorite Pieces

Yay! Can’t wait to see
Well, my bangle is not arriving anytime soon...
I ordered both the size small and medium. I already have the silver doughnut bangle in size small, but online, the red bangle says it fits up to 5.75" wrist, and my wrist is exactly that. Hence, I also ordered a medium to be sure as these are probably hand-made and sizes may vary slightly.

That said, I received an email update saying both sizes are on "backorder". Hmm... what exactly does that mean? I chatted with Tiffany online, and here is some info to share...

The SA checked my bangles (both sizes), and he confirmed he does in fact see orders placed for replenishment. They are just not fulfilled yet, he states it's due to COVID. He is expecting the bangles to arrive in a few weeks. We then chatted about Peretti pieces, and I asked if some lines were being discontinued. He asked me if there was a particular piece I was interested in. I asked him to check into the Sevillana black jade bangle. He confirmed he does see orders being placed to replenish Sevillana pieces, so that was good to hear. He also said he has seen pieces where availability is "unknown", but they have not yet been notified of any lines officially being discontinued. Finally, he said due to Elsa's recent passing, they are seeing an increased demand for Peretti pieces and inventory is very low.

Hope that helps in case anyone is interested.

I ordered both the size small and medium. I already have the silver doughnut bangle in size small, but online, the red bangle says it fits up to 5.75" wrist, and my wrist is exactly that. Hence, I also ordered a medium to be sure as these are probably hand-made and sizes may vary slightly.

That said, I received an email update saying both sizes are on "backorder". Hmm... what exactly does that mean? I chatted with Tiffany online, and here is some info to share...

The SA checked my bangles (both sizes), and he confirmed he does in fact see orders placed for replenishment. They are just not fulfilled yet, he states it's due to COVID. He is expecting the bangles to arrive in a few weeks. We then chatted about Peretti pieces, and I asked if some lines were being discontinued. He asked me if there was a particular piece I was interested in. I asked him to check into the Sevillana black jade bangle. He confirmed he does see orders being placed to replenish Sevillana pieces, so that was good to hear. He also said he has seen pieces where availability is "unknown", but they have not yet been notified of any lines officially being discontinued. Finally, he said due to Elsa's recent passing, they are seeing an increased demand for Peretti pieces and inventory is very low.

Thank you for sharing! Yes, I can only imagine that her collection has become increasingly popular- between her death and the company’s changeover to be part of LVMH. I feel lucky to have my collection.

Thanks for the additional info, but too bad regarding the delay of your order! For slip on bangles, I wish they'd give more useful info (hand size versus wrist size) as that's what determines if will slip on. As is, makes it hard to choose a bangle size! Sometimes they have specific dimensions for items (I usually ask for mm measurement, otherwise they tend to give measurements in increments of 1/10s of inches :upsidedown: ). If they do have them for the red lacquer one, you could at least compare the measurements to your silver one to try to determine your correct size.

On several recent calls to customer service, I received unsolicited info that "some lower end silver items" will be phased out. When I asked for specifics, I got vague answers. So...not really sure what it means! Sharing the comment here for individual interpretation. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing! Yes, I can only imagine that her collection has become increasingly popular- between her death and the company’s changeover to be part of LVMH. I feel lucky to have my collection.
You have beautiful collection and so many pieces. I thought I was finished with collecting Peretti, but this thread you started just made me fall in love with Peretti pieces all over again. Thank you!

Thanks for the additional info, but too bad regarding the delay of your order! For slip on bangles, I wish they'd give more useful info (hand size versus wrist size) as that's what determines if will slip on. As is, makes it hard to choose a bangle size! Sometimes they have specific dimensions for items (I usually ask for mm measurement, otherwise they tend to give measurements in increments of 1/10s of inches :upsidedown: ). If they do have them for the red lacquer one, you could at least compare the measurements to your silver one to try to determine your correct size.

On several recent calls to customer service, I received unsolicited info that "some lower end silver items" will be phased out. When I asked for specifics, I got vague answers. So...not really sure what it means! Sharing the comment here for individual interpretation. :biggrin:
Yes... exactly. I have a small wrist, but big hands relative to my wrist, so my "fist" is big and need to fit through a bangle. I recall when I tried on the red bangle, the small looked better once I slipped it on. My gut is I will get the small, but just in case, I want to try the medium.

Hmm.... I wonder what they mean by that phrase... phase out "lower end silver items". A lot of Peretti pieces are less than $1,000 so I wonder if it includes her line. Stock up while it's cheap and available!

Thank you for sharing that.

Yes... exactly. I have a small wrist, but big hands relative to my wrist, so my "fist" is big and need to fit through a bangle. I recall when I tried on the red bangle, the small looked better once I slipped it on. My gut is I will get the small, but just in case, I want to try the medium.

Hmm.... I wonder what they mean by that phrase... phase out "lower end silver items". A lot of Peretti pieces are less than $1,000 so I wonder if it includes her line. Stock up while it's cheap and available!

Thank you for sharing that.

Me too, small wrists (we're wrist twins at 5.75"). I like the look of cuff bracelets, but find bangles more comfortable as I have prominent wrist bones and dislike cuff bracelets banging into them! But bangles are just tricky to buy, as so many variables to get a good fit. Smart of you to order two sizes to try!

Yes, I also wonder what their threshold is for "lower end silver". My thought is that they paid 47 million for the 20 year rights to her designs, so I'd be surprised if they stopped producing her things. Surely they'd want to get the most return on their investment. And I was glad to hear via the article posted on the "LVHM buys Tiffany" thread that they want to produce higher end silver pieces (I don't remember their exact wording). I'm just hoping they don't abandon silver in favor of white gold for her pieces. I think some jewelry buyers consider silver to be inferior to white gold, and wonder if they'll try to capture that market? It's never made sense to me to try to turn gold into a "white" metal (making it a dull grey) that then needs to be plated to make it more attractive. Especially when sterling silver is beautiful without all the gymnastics! Probably best to buy any things of interest now, as who knows what path they'll take!

Me too, small wrists (we're wrist twins at 5.75"). I like the look of cuff bracelets, but find bangles more comfortable as I have prominent wrist bones and dislike cuff bracelets banging into them! But bangles are just tricky to buy, as so many variables to get a good fit. Smart of you to order two sizes to try!

Yes, I also wonder what their threshold is for "lower end silver". My thought is that they paid 47 million for the 20 year rights to her designs, so I'd be surprised if they stopped producing her things. Surely they'd want to get the most return on their investment. And I was glad to hear via the article posted on the "LVHM buys Tiffany" thread that they want to produce higher end silver pieces (I don't remember their exact wording). I'm just hoping they don't abandon silver in favor of white gold for her pieces. I think some jewelry buyers consider silver to be inferior to white gold, and wonder if they'll try to capture that market? It's never made sense to me to try to turn gold into a "white" metal (making it a dull grey) that then needs to be plated to make it more attractive. Especially when sterling silver is beautiful without all the gymnastics! Probably best to buy any things of interest now, as who knows what path they'll take!
I hope that they don’t get rid of all the low end silver pieces. They are great gifts or first pieces. Peretti’s collection, in particular, is always sought after as a beautiful first piece. I knew many people whose first item was a 16mm Open Heart is silver.

A lot of discussion on whether Elsa's pieces will be retired, so that got me thinking...
What about the opposite? Let's take Schlumberger... after he passed away, did Tiffany come out with any new combinations of his classic pieces? Or introduce a new collection?

For example, would Tiffany create a new variation of the bean, but perhaps make it in a different stone? Or come out with new combos of CBTY necklaces? Or even more radical, would they come out with a new Peretti collection? Or does the entire Peretti line "stop" after the designer passes away?

Is anyone here a Schlumberger fan/expert? What did Tiffany do in the case of Schlumberger?

Update on the Red Doughnut Bangle...
Tiffany just emailed me and said the bangles are no longer available.

Well ladies... if you think you might want something Peretti, I would suggest purchasing it sooner than later especially if you really really want that piece.

I'm going to surf their website again tonight.
Ugh! I’m sorry! Did you call the 5th Avenue Store to see if they can get it for you? Hopefully you can find something to replace it.

Reactions: etoile de mer
Ugh! I’m sorry! Did you call the 5th Avenue Store to see if they can get it for you? Hopefully you can find something to replace it.
Yes... I just emailed the SA I met (the newbie SA). I also text my old SA's cell (he was great), but I think he is no longer with Tiffany as he never responded to my earlier text and he's usually super fast. If newbie SA can't find it, I will call the store directly and talk to a real person. I spelled out all the search words for newbie SA... "red lacquer doughnut bangle".

Funny... I was not even sure of this red bangle, but now that I can't have it, I want it!
The greedy me sets in. :biggrin:

Well, if anyone is considering the doughnut bangle, I have the silver version and it is super cute. He's so cute and round, well-fed, plumped up.

Yes... I just emailed the SA I met (the newbie SA). I also text my old SA's cell (he was great), but I think he is no longer with Tiffany as he never responded to my earlier text and he's usually super fast. If newbie SA can't find it, I will call the store directly and talk to a real person. I spelled out all the search words for newbie SA... "red lacquer doughnut bangle".

Funny... I was not even sure of this red bangle, but now that I can't have it, I want it!

Well, if anyone is considering the doughnut bangle, I have the silver version and it is super cute. He's so cute and round, well-fed, plumped up.
It’s definitely worth a try. Hopefully the store can source one for you.

I love the look of the Doughnut Bangle but slip-on pieces never work for me. The base of my hand that connects to my wrist is not wide enough to keep it on.

A lot of discussion on whether Elsa's pieces will be retired, so that got me thinking...
What about the opposite? Let's take Schlumberger... after he passed away, did Tiffany come out with any new combinations of his classic pieces? Or introduce a new collection?

For example, would Tiffany create a new variation of the bean, but perhaps make it in a different stone? Or come out with new combos of CBTY necklaces? Or even more radical, would they come out with a new Peretti collection? Or does the entire Peretti line "stop" after the designer passes away?

Is anyone here a Schlumberger fan/expert? What did Tiffany do in the case of Schlumberger?

Unfortunately, I'm just a Schlumberger fan. I love many of his pieces, but own none! It might be hard to compare the licensing agreement between him/his estate and Peretti's, as they've sold his pieces since the 50s. Over the years I've noticed changes to his pieces I've admired. For example the sixteen stone ring was only offered in combo platinum/yellow gold years back, but now is also offered in all platinum, all yellow gold, as well as in rose gold. I have no idea if those were originally offered, or if they're new incarnations. Also, on the Schlumberger thread, a member who loves and collects the vintage sixteen stone rings compared hers to current offerings, and noticed changes to the profile (narrower and less domed) and metal weight (less).

I have no idea if Peretti's contract allows for those kinds of changes. But, I'd be surprised if they're allowed to design brand new pieces using her name. I would imagine they're only allowed to use her name as associated with the pieces she actually designed. Will be interesting to see what happens!

Update on the Red Doughnut Bangle...
Tiffany just emailed me and said the bangles are no longer available.

Well ladies... if you think you might want something Peretti, I would suggest purchasing it sooner than later especially if you really really want that piece.

I'm going to surf their website again tonight.

Sorry to hear! I hope you can find one. I love your description of the doughnut bangle! :biggrin: I've seen, but never tried. This thread is terribly enabling! :P I agree about calling NYC if you can't locate one via email. Keep us posted!