Do you think the Ceinture Boots are still a thing?

Sferics

Lame, but audio- and pluviophil :D
May 23, 2015
Hi there,

I wonder if the cut out ceinture Boots are still cool or are they even considered classic now?
Is there something like a birthday release as they are 10 years old in 2021?
I always wanted a pair but never pulled the trigger.

What are your thoughts?
balenciaga-boot-lookalike.jpg
fashiioncarpet-Balenciaga-Ceinture-Ankle-Boots-streetstyle-1050x700.jpg

I never bought them, but I think they‘re gorgeous and would be great today! But I could shop vintage in my own closet, so I may be biased :biggrin:

Reactions: Sferics
I don't know if they're considered classic, but I think they look really beautiful. Definitely in style now, with the chunky boots being the trend. But these are actually pretty, as opposed to most of what I see on Instagram these past couple of years.

I have no idea how (un)comfortable they are, though. Typically, a boot of this style I would only wear with socks, and that wouldn't work with these. You could only wear low-cut socks, but your ankles would be rubbing against the inside of the boots.

I bought them. Loved the look but couldn’t wear them because they hurt my feet so they were sold. I have a very low foot pain threshold though.

They’re still a great looking pair of boots IMO :tup:

Can’t believe it was ten years ago.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Sferics
Hey ho! They arrived to day...oh my...they are stunning even more in rl :smile:

I know what the problem is with these boots.
Besides being quite narrow, the heel is too long for most women - you slide up and down and get blisters. I have the problem in some shoes (as Chloe, Yeezy and one pair of vintage Balenciaga boots) and these shoes would just not be wearable for me.
But there is a simple trick: I use these wedges at different heights and with that you can solve the problem with the heel.
I wasn't sure if that would work with the cut out boot, but it isn't much noticeable.
Perhaps this idea will help one or the other in general? Try it! :smile:

PS: Nice side effect is you "grow" 1-2cm :biggrin:

IMG_20210505_161225.jpgScreenshot_20210505-195245.jpg

Hey ho! They arrived to day...oh my...they are stunning even more in rl :smile:

I know what the problem is with these boots.
Besides being quite narrow, the heel is too long for most women - you slide up and down and get blisters. I have the problem in some shoes (as Chloe, Yeezy and one pair of vintage Balenciaga boots) and these shoes would just not be wearable for me.
But there is a simple trick: I use these wedges at different heights and with that you can solve the problem with the heel.
I wasn't sure if that would work with the cut out boot, but it isn't much noticeable.
Perhaps this idea will help one or the other in general? Try it! :smile:

PS: Nice side effect is you "grow" 1-2cm :biggrin:

View attachment 5075492View attachment 5075493
They look great on you!

Reactions: Sferics