Do you think the Ceinture Boots are still a thing?

Hey ho! They arrived to day...oh my...they are stunning even more in rl :smile:

I know what the problem is with these boots.
Besides being quite narrow, the heel is too long for most women - you slide up and down and get blisters. I have the problem in some shoes (as Chloe, Yeezy and one pair of vintage Balenciaga boots) and these shoes would just not be wearable for me.
But there is a simple trick: I use these wedges at different heights and with that you can solve the problem with the heel.
I wasn't sure if that would work with the cut out boot, but it isn't much noticeable.
Perhaps this idea will help one or the other in general? Try it! :smile:

PS: Nice side effect is you "grow" 1-2cm :biggrin:

View attachment 5075492View attachment 5075493
They look amazing! Love them! Thank you for your trick!

@muchstuff, I love the tattoo leather!

Hey ho! They arrived to day...oh my...they are stunning even more in rl :smile:

I know what the problem is with these boots.
Besides being quite narrow, the heel is too long for most women - you slide up and down and get blisters. I have the problem in some shoes (as Chloe, Yeezy and one pair of vintage Balenciaga boots) and these shoes would just not be wearable for me.
But there is a simple trick: I use these wedges at different heights and with that you can solve the problem with the heel.
I wasn't sure if that would work with the cut out boot, but it isn't much noticeable.
Perhaps this idea will help one or the other in general? Try it! :smile:

PS: Nice side effect is you "grow" 1-2cm :biggrin:

View attachment 5075492View attachment 5075493
:tup: :tup:

Let us know how they are for comfort once you've worn them for a bit.

It's been a while and with the wedges I mentioned (I have them in a lot of shoes) and my cobbler once stretching them overnight on top/middle of the arch they are heavy but absolutely comfy.
Without these measures/tricks, I would not have been able to walk in them for more than 3minutes :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: 880
It's been a while and with the wedges I mentioned (I have them in a lot of shoes) and my cobbler once stretching them overnight on top/middle of the arch they are heavy but absolutely comfy.
Without these measures/tricks, I would not have been able to walk in them for more than 3minutes :biggrin:
Thanks for the update!

Reactions: Sferics
They look stunning, but they are quite heavy
(And stiff, when new)
Never bought myself, but tried on a few times in the boutique
Yes .. a gal that used to be on TPF quite a bit (another Balenciaga aficionado) .. bought them and does indeed wear them, but she said that "breaking them in" .. was NOT fun! I like them but .. when can you wear them? I'm always perplexed by how many folks out here in LA wear boots .. and I'm talking about heavy leather or Uggs, etc. -- when it's 90 degrees or above!!! When I lived in New England, I staved off even putting on socks until .. typically, November .. because I hated the thought of Winter & Snow .. and that was the ONLY time I ever wore boots!!! So, to me .. Boots = Winter .. so I think that is why I have an aversion to them.

Now these .. you wouldn't be able to wear them in the Winter with the openings, unless you wanted to pair them with heavy socks and well .. that might look kinda strange. So, I guess Spring, Summer & Fall would really be the only time one could wear them.

Reactions: papertiger
Yes .. a gal that used to be on TPF quite a bit (another Balenciaga aficionado) .. bought them and does indeed wear them, but she said that "breaking them in" .. was NOT fun! I like them but .. when can you wear them? I'm always perplexed by how many folks out here in LA wear boots .. and I'm talking about heavy leather or Uggs, etc. -- when it's 90 degrees or above!!! When I lived in New England, I staved off even putting on socks until .. typically, November .. because I hated the thought of Winter & Snow .. and that was the ONLY time I ever wore boots!!! So, to me .. Boots = Winter .. so I think that is why I have an aversion to them.

Now these .. you wouldn't be able to wear them in the Winter with the openings, unless you wanted to pair them with heavy socks and well .. that might look kinda strange. So, I guess Spring, Summer & Fall would really be the only time one could wear them.
i know what ya mean, those cut-outs make them really weird to be BOOTS
i would probably wear them here during winter months, when it's around +20 C (70-ish F)
but i KNOW how stiff they are, they do need some sort of socks, at least in the very beginning

i have fully covered boots, which i wear from Nov to Mar, all leather, soft and comfy, but they are ok even worn barefeet

Reactions: Sferics
that might look kinda strange.

IMHO, it depends on the socks.
I will definitely wear them with black ones...of course not in deep snow or heavy rain.

I don't see or need them as warm or functional boots...for me they are like any other low shoe or like loafer.
But most of all, they're a totally unnecessary but lovely and cool fashion statement/gimmick :lol:

ceinture-boots-dhdfhwith-socks-–-Google-Suche(1).pngceinture-boots-ghghgsocks-–-Google-Suche.pngceinture-boots-with-socks-–-Google-Suche.png

IMHO, it depends on the socks.
I will definitely wear them with black ones...of course not in deep snow or heavy rain.

I don't see or need them as warm or functional boots...for me they are like any other low shoe or like loafer.
But most of all, they're a totally unnecessary but lovely and cool fashion statement/gimmick :lol:

View attachment 5140264View attachment 5140265View attachment 5140266
YES INDEED .. I kind of have this 'thing' about socks, and (again) .. when living in New England and it became time to put on socks, I always made sure that they were funky (of course, my workplace was not fond of them .. but I didn't care)!! In particular, I love stripes - and so, if I saw black/white stripes or (my favorite) navy/red stripes .. you better believe that they would get snatched up. Also stars, polka dots, those kinds of socks .. I would wear with these boots .. but I think Balenciaga runs small .. and I bet a size 42 would be too small for me!