Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Can you imagine a conversation between those two? (Has anyone seen Inside Bill Gate's Brain?)

MM: "You haven't asked me if I'm OK :crybaby:"

BG: "My guess is you're OK compared to the truly destitute people around the world to whom I've donated tens of billions. How many billions are you hitting me up for?"

MM: "Prince Charles cut us off, wouldn't pay for our security, and my Netflix contract is about one day's interest to you. If you give me a lousy couple billion I can give Harry the heave-ho. I can't shove off Harry until it's in my account. A girl's gotta eat."

BG: "And if I give you nothing?"

MM: "I'll tell Oprah a bunch of crap so at least I'll get paid something! Harry is desperate as I am so he won't care!"

BG: "Your rescue chickens have more brains than both of you put together."

I don't believe in the surrogacy rumors either. Or, better put, I don't feel like I know enough about what bumps should or shouldn't look like to draw a conclusion based on just photos. It's just so out of the pale to lie about a pregnancy, for someone in such a scrutinized position, it would take really clear evidence or admission for me to believe it. I think Beyonce lied about having a surrogate (right?) so I don't think it's implausible either... I just don't feel confident dying on either hill so I default to the standard face value belief.

I think Lady CC got it right: she is indeed pregnant, she was also pregnant with Archie, but her drama and secrecy (plus the padding she must use or otherwise some pictures and video footage are inexplainable) she deliberately used and uses to keep people talking backfired and caused the surrogacy rumours.

Re: Beyoncé, was that ever confirmed? I remember during her first pregnancy she had both a belly malfunction (it completely folded over on itself and collapsed when she sat down) and when some media person wanted to touch the belly (which I find super rude and intrusive) she grabbed the hand in a panic and placed it elsewhere on the bump which people interpreted as the original placing would have revealed it was fake.

People lying about reproductive issues is actually quite common. They want to keep the origin of their child private. It's not so much a lie as it is a nondisclosure. It's understandable that there could be a stigma, real or perceived, about needing help to procreate. Then again, look at Alec Baldwin's baby-producing machine of a wife. She outright lied and said all those babies came out of her body, right up until the last two kids when there was only a few months separating them and she couldn't get away with it.

ETA: Wearing a moonbump would be seen as a lie IMO because she is presenting herself as pregnant.

Hu? So they used a surrogate for more than the youngest kid?

I must admit I find it way weirder they couldn't space them out 10 months than going to a lab and order your custom baby (as in, they specifically wanted a girl). What was the hurry?

WOW! :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: Just gaping at the screen and totally overwhelmed. Thank you so much for this great honour. I hope we will work together for the greater good of the association. :smile:
You're definitely getting the Pulitzer Prize for this masterpiece. :flowers: :tup:
You are the amazing one. It took a lot of time to edit these pages to generate the list of all who post. It's a thoughtful gesture and resulted in a fun read for the rest of us to see the broad focus.

The numbers vary of course, as this rolls on at sometimes super speed it seems, but in one set of numbers you had made 538 posts which generated a whopping 4,786 likes. That struck me as a significant % of feedback for the number of posts.:tup:

Megain Markle, douchess of Sussex
Wants to be an A-lister, but it's really X

Snags a dumb prince, for the tiara and sash
Thought she'd be swimming in boatload of cash

Work as a royal, maybe for a day or two
Give the family the finger, byebye toodaloo

Run off to Montecito to spew bs with Oprah
Realized not everyone is a big suckah

Liars liars, pants are on fire
Her majesty sits back, as support rises higher
Playing the long game, until they run out of clout
Then she swoops in and kicks their ass out

--

Now give me my own publication, Penguin!!
This is very Lawrence Ferlinghetti with its rhythms
Im going for more a Mcgonagall’s ‘the Tay bridge disaster’ vibe myself.
People lying about reproductive issues is actually quite common. They want to keep the origin of their child private. It's not so much a lie as it is a nondisclosure. It's understandable that there could be a stigma, real or perceived, about needing help to procreate. Then again, look at Alec Baldwin's baby-producing machine of a wife. She outright lied and said all those babies came out of her body, right up until the last two kids when there was only a few months separating them and she couldn't get away with it.

ETA: Wearing a moonbump would be seen as a lie IMO because she is presenting herself as pregnant.

I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again this whole thing is twisted because it feels like the implication so often is that surrogacy is picked due to vanity and laziness and that fertility issues are somehow weak. There is nothing weak or wrong about being unable to have children.

Lying is weak. Lying to people who admire you is especially weak. Lying because you want to avoid a misogynistic label when you call yourself a feminist activist is pretty embarrassing too.

If you respect women’s bodies and their freedom of choice then it’s really not difficult to say something like:
“I am actually lucky enough to be pregnant but I don’t think there should be any stigma attached to surrogacy or other ways of becoming a parent and I would happily tell you if I was pursuing it.”

I posted this gif a few pages back. Do you think a pregnant belly moves like this? lol

View attachment 5074582

Also, i personally dont know anyone that could squat like this while pregnant and wearing heels:

Although to be fair- She was very puffy after archie was born. I dont think you can fake that. The whole thing is strange.

I really don't know. Literally, I just don't know enough about bumps to judge if that is realistic or not. Maybe in about 5 months I'll know better. :smile:

Off topic here, but I recently took early retirement. (I know none of you actually know me but for some reason its important to me to emphasis the ‘early’ part!)
I was pretty worried about the changing structure of my day to day life, how I was going to spend my time etc. Then I found this forum and the interesting and funny people on it! Its the first thing I look at in the morning, the last thing at night! I find Harry and his wife intensely irritating but I suppose I have to thank them for easing me into retirement!!
Particular thanks to Maggie Muggins for my new career as a royal correspondent!

This is very Lawrence Ferlinghetti with its rhythms
Im going for more a Mcgonagall’s ‘the Tay bridge disaster’ vibe myself.

I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again this whole thing is twisted because it feels like the implication so often is that surrogacy is picked due to vanity and laziness and that fertility issues are somehow weak. There is nothing weak or wrong about being unable to have children.

Lying is weak. Lying to people who admire you is especially weak. Lying because you want to avoid a misogynistic label when you call yourself a feminist activist is pretty embarrassing too.

If you respect women’s bodies and their freedom of choice then it’s really not difficult to say something like:
“I am actually lucky enough to be pregnant but I don’t think there should be any stigma attached to surrogacy or other ways of becoming a parent and I would happily tell you if I was pursuing it.”

I don’t remember the details anymore but when the questions about surrogacy first came up, it was thought that they were secretive about it because if it came out that Archie was born from a surrogate, he could not be in the line of succession. Does anyone remember the details?

Wow are you saying Alec Baldwin's wife lied about having a surrogate too? I actually don't know anything about her other than being surprised that she was popping out so many babies.

I think Lady CC got it right: she is indeed pregnant, she was also pregnant with Archie, but her drama and secrecy (plus the padding she must use or otherwise some pictures and video footage are inexplainable) she deliberately used and uses to keep people talking backfired and caused the surrogacy rumours.

Re: Beyoncé, was that ever confirmed? I remember during her first pregnancy she had both a belly malfunction (it completely folded over on itself and collapsed when she sat down) and when some media person wanted to touch the belly (which I find super rude and intrusive) she grabbed the hand in a panic and placed it elsewhere on the bump which people interpreted as the original placing would have revealed it was fake.

I totally thought Beyonce's was confirmed but you guys are making me question it. :shocked: If it wasn't confirmed, I take it back!

This happened to me. I don't have very strong feelings about the monarchy but when people started to tweet, send messages on instagram, the TV and even the stupid American president felt the need to release a statement, that made me very pro-monarchy. I really do not appreciate foreign interference, especially when the foreigners are ignorant. I mean, how would Americans like it if the Brits started to interfere in elections and try to topple or bully the president? Celebrities are increasingly becoming sanctimonious and hypocritical. They really should just stick to their profession, and only talk on matters they have a deep knowledge of. Ricky Gervais roasted a whole load of celebs during the golden globes ceremony for this and it was insanely funny, the celebs looked uncomfortable because they knew it was true.
Yes! To all of this.
tumblr_8bc69670faec1e930ec077757fcea486_d1762686_400.gif

We are coming up on the 4,000th page of this thread. Congratulations everyone! We couldn’t have done it without each and every one of you. Yay us!! :biggrin:
soultrain.gif

Her mother and sisters were the executors of her will. I doubt she would have asked Charles to do anything after he achieved his goal of transforming into a tampon.
8vSC.gif

Congratulations! It seems we all made the cut.:drinks:
Please forgive me if I missed anyone. :flowers::flowers::flowers:
View attachment 5072937
Again, I apologize for missing several names on The List. Before I get chastised by the Press Club, I'm posting a list of also very worthy Royal Correspondents. Congratulations to all! :drinks:

View attachment 5073081
Thanks everyone for the great comments. I love the party suggestions. Please let me know if I missed anyone else. By the time, I finished the first list, I was totally cross-eyed.:whut:
Girl, you had me disappointed for a second, but you came through with that follow-up list :biggrin:
tumblr_inline_ozbhndXWRM1qhince_500.gif

Still on the vaccine event:

More like:
YggQQ3D.gif

KCCQZwl.gif

it’s an exaggeration but we’ve certainly seen her in plenty of expensive things like Maria Grazia’s old curtain kaftan and the notorious earrings. Also this couple save a lot of money between then as Harry apparently only has one suit and he’s cultivating hobbit feet to save on shoes.
789444.gif