How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
Some of those older folks may think they don't have much time left in their lives, and they don't want to spend the rest of their lives locked inside their own homes.
Exactly what I was getting at I just didn’t feel like saying end of life. Some people are sensitive and I’ve learned to be more mindful of that here.

(when I say really enjoy and quality time)

and when I say explore I mean the world not just my backyard safely. Backyard not the actual backyard.

Not really, but sometimes they do.
They think that once my DH and I are fully vaccinated, that we would be able to all hang out with them like before covid.
With the new variants popping up here and there, I'm just not ready to go back to pre covid. I'm not sure if I'm being too paranoid.
You're most definitely not, especially when you consider the variants being far more contagious and deadlier on pre-elders

• Love
Reactions: Sunshine mama
Nearly every place we've gone that has dining indoors has the tables quite far apart and the servers are all wearing masks. They sanitize the tables after every patron. Some places have taken our contact information but no one has contacted us to tell us there has been a case of covid.
My gym had a positive case the first day it reopened this year. It contacted all of us - which resulted a mad rush for pcr tests and we were exercising outdoors

Reactions: Sunshine mama
Exactly what I was getting at I just didn’t feel like saying end of life. Some people are sensitive and I’ve learned to be more mindful of that here.

(when I say really enjoy and quality time)

and when I say explore I mean the world not just my backyard safely. Backyard not the actual backyard.
Thank you for your posts I feel the same I don’t believe we will ever get back to the old normal and fear we won’t even be able to get to a tolerable new normal if people start eating out and holidaying like we all did before as it will just keep causing further waves - why can’t people learn? I am happy to give up eating out if I can spend quality time with my loved ones safely in our houses. I can do without shopping centres and holidays too I think we need a massive mindset change and accept we have to do a lot of things differently now or not at all to survive

We went to the food court in the mall for the first time since covid. Only 5 restaurants are still in business. The tables are spaced out at least 10 feet apart, the children's play area has been dismantled, and they have some tables outdoors in the parking lot.

I have heard of someone getting Covid in my vaccinated age group in NYC. I don’t know which variants she has, she was not tested. But she is doing well and did not die.
As I have said before, I will still maintain hygiene routines(masking, washing hands and travel at less crowded times) however I will resume normal activities as the rest of New York State.
Eating at restaurant, shopping in person, working with others at times.
I can‘t live like a total recluse/hermit. And I am an introvert.

I have heard of someone getting Covid in my vaccinated age group in NYC. I don’t know which variants she has, she was not tested. But she is doing well and did not die.
As I have said before, I will still maintain hygiene routines(masking, washing hands and travel at less crowded times) however I will resume normal activities as the rest of New York State.
Same here. Gradually, as things improve I intend to get back to doing normal stuff. Schools in my area have been open for weeks, shops and outdoor gatherings have been allowed for a few weeks and numbers of covid patients in hospital continue to fall, as so do reported deaths. Vaccines continue to be rolled out and uptake is good. We are not in the same place we were this time last year, when no one knew if it would even be possible to create a vaccine. Things have moved on.

I was with my sister the other day and she said she was looking forward to things getting back to normal. All I could think is that it is going to be a long while if at all, to getting back to a pre-pandemic life. I am only trying to be realistic. Thing feel pretty normal where I live in Southern NJ. The numbers are coming down. I just can't shake the feeling that people will let their guard down just enough for a variant to get a foot hold. I just feel like we are in for at least one more big wave. And I would love to be wrong. Really I would.

My background is in rehabilitation/orthopedics, but I have just enough human biology under my belt to understand viral activity. So I limit my activities somewhat, keep a supply of masks and wash my hands!

We would get back to normal a lot faster if so many people weren't so deadset against getting vaccinated.

Last edited:
Nearly every place we've gone that has dining indoors has the tables quite far apart and the servers are all wearing masks. They sanitize the tables after every patron. Some places have taken our contact information but no one has contacted us to tell us there has been a case of covid.

My parents and I went to Cheddar's Sunday. We are all fully vaccinated. They didn't have people spread out, and it was quite crowded. All the servers were masked, tho.

Illinois has a "Bridge Phase," which is basically means that we can slowly open up restaurants, shops, gyms, increase gatherings at events (outdoor and indoor), but nothing is going to OPEN wide for a while until more people get vaccinated and hospitalization numbers go down. I am like you...I like to eat out with friends and family and have a drink. I will continue to mask up indoors, although not so much outdoors as long as it allows me to social distance, continue good hygiene, and go shopping here and there. But I think I am so into my "pandemic routine" that it might be hard to go back lol!!!

Dined out this weekend, after visiting the outlets, for the first time since October, I think, and went to my favourite local restaurant as usual. Ate outdoors under a gazebo and had a really good time. I missed their pina coladas!

ETA: don't miss the daily commute to the office four days a week though; I have to start going in one day a week starting this week. Only upside is getting to rotate and flaunt my bags!

I took the train for the first time in over a year yesterday. It was the most bizarre experience to get on such a quiet train with so few people on it and it just served as a harsh reminder that things may never be "normal" again. It was an all around bizarre experience to walk around the city with so few people around me.

I took the train for the first time in over a year yesterday. It was the most bizarre experience to get on such a quiet train with so few people on it and it just served as a harsh reminder that things may never be "normal" again. It was an all around bizarre experience to walk around the city with so few people around me.
Which part of the city were you at?
I recently was in Brooklyn Chinatown and it was packed. Same for Astoria. ( during Ramadan)

If I had BOTH my shots, and no vulnerable family members, I would think differently. I would figure I had done my part, and with mask wearing and social distancing, I would resume, as much as possible my previous lifestyle. I would, as long as I wasn’t putting anyone else at risk, throw caution to the wind. This is no way to live!