How has Coronavirus impacted your life and your lifestyle?

Hi!
To help keep from veering off topic or towards politics, here’s a reminder of the topic of the thread:

“Being this is a fashion driven forum, I am curious as to how this has impacted your lifestyle. Are you still buying purses, shoes or any high-end luxury items? How have you prepared and how do you plan to pass the next year of your life?”

There's other threads to discuss variants, deaths, etc... and as always we don't allow politics on tPF :cutesy:

Last edited:
I was under the impression that vaccination means that IF you catch the virus, your risk for hospitalization or death is lowered.

I will be officially vaccinated this saturday but still plan to keep social distance, wash my hands and keep my nose and mouth covered.

It does but it is not 100% effective - in the UK 1 in 25 of hospitalisation are people who have been vaccinated and are at least 3 weeks post vaccination - deemed vaccine failures

As of today I’m fully vaccinated 2 weeks after my second shot. I won’t be changing much I will continue to wear masks, continue extra hand washing, extra cleaning, social distancing. I might eat at a restaurant outside now and maybe do more outdoors activities. But I will still have a mask with me.

My states numbers still averaging 2000+ new cases a day a few times it dipped under the 2k mark but not much. I don’t understand why it’s not going lower since our state is also aggressively giving vaccines the 7 day average is 70,000 a day with 33% of the state fully vaccinated. They’re cautiously predicting that we’ll be open by July which is fully open no capacity limits. We currently still have a mask mandate in place I wonder if they will lift this in July.

I have been fully vaccinated 7 weeks. If you compared what I do now to what I did pre-covid I would still seem to be on lockdown. But I have definitely let up a little. Basically been around 9 people total without masks. Flown but was required by my job. Been to 2 outdoor patio restaurants. One road trip. Being vaccinated has helped me to relax a little. To not worry that any mistake I make is going to result in my death. So it honestly has helped my mental health more than anything. However I am preparing for the wave this fall.

Does anyone else who has been on fairly strict lockdown think that it will be psychologically hard to go back to a more "normal" world and "normal" lifestyle?
Not me. I'm happy to go back to normal. But if I was working from home during lockdown and had to go back to commuting, I might feel differently. There are some stresses that are reduced when you can stay home. On the other hand, so many of the things I enjoy require me leaving the house, like eating out, wearing my beautiful clothes and carrying my beautiful purses.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and limom
Does anyone else who has been on fairly strict lockdown think that it will be psychologically hard to go back to a more "normal" world and "normal" lifestyle?
I am personally scared to go back to a more “normal” lifestyle. Although fully vaccinated (and hubby will be as of this weekend), cases are still high and kids aren’t vaccinated. I also feel guilty wanting to go to the store to go shopping for clothing. It makes me nervous that things will be opening up more soon and cases are around 1500 cases a day in my state.

I'm curious do any of you work for someone who is or might require you be vaccinated against Covid to work there? My employer has been throwing the idea around. I believe they are waiting to see how a few lawsuits play out in the USA here soon. I am ok with it as I have already had my vaccination and would feel much better working in a small enclosed place with co workers who have also.

My SIL already has anxiety over the idea of having to go back to work in person. She has been working from home for over a year now and wants to keep it that way. The state that they live in has been one of the most strict in the country and still have major restrictions in place. It will probably not happen for a long time due to the state’s restrictions. I think that working from home has made her job less irritating.

Reactions: Chanellover2015
I just read "Due to circulating variants and vaccine hesitancy, the US may never each herd immunity"
so, we are going to have to find a normal that works for each and every one of us. I miss travelling, sporting events, dinners and drinks with my friends, A LOT. I can't wait to resume those activities. I don't want to hide from the world and a virus.
Yes they said covid will stay with us for a few more years

Reactions: Sunshine mama
My SIL already has anxiety over the idea of having to go back to work in person. She has been working from home for over a year now and wants to keep it that way. The state that they live in has been one of the most strict in the country and still have major restrictions in place. It will probably not happen for a long time due to the state’s restrictions. I think that working from home has made her job less irritating.
My daughter is saving so much money in gas, parking and the commute time by working at home. At the beginning of lockdown, they cut her salary 10%. I hope if they make her go back to work in the office, they will increase the salary. I believe they told her that by July they hope to have most people back in the office. I think some of these jobs don't really require people to be in an office but maybe they feel they can monitor their work better there.

Me! Both myself and my friend plan to wear masks for rhe remainder of the year. My reason is because I'm immune compromised, super spreader, relapsed 3xs last year before experiencing muscle problems in Nov (8 months after contracting the virus and losing the natural antibodies). Said muscle problems freefalled to shoulder paralysis until I received my covid shot a few weeks ago. Health freefalled this year. Brain fog, synapses misfiring and unable to occasional find the right word, much less right it. Sleeping for 12-18 hrs daily. Spend weekends mostly hibernating. Oh yes, let's not forget covid face - imagine a human bobble head. I don't want to catch it again. Especially since the vaccine only helps 30-40% long haulers. It made my preexisting autoimmune disease acute. I could only stay awake to work and basically forgone anything beyond feeding myself and pet.

My friend works in a hospital and sees what covid did to patients for the past year. She has elderly parents.

Come to think of it, no one in my covid "bubble" doesn't want to give up wearing a mask. But we all have varying reasons. One is in biology, specifically infectious diseases. The other is a new aunt to a newborn. And the other also has elder parents with underlying health conditions.

We all have people we don't want to put at risk. When I found out I got sick, all I could think of was the family next door because we have a shared heating vent. I would never forgive myself if I ever passed the disease to them

This is our new normal for the time being and we have no plans on letting up any time this year. I caught it from the office and so will work remote as much as possible for as long as possible.

I spoke to the few that have been in the office and they all complain that the air is dry because it's not being circulated at all. They are just keeping the windows and doors shut. Smart ;)

• Love
Reactions: 880