Voyageuse Tote - Need Insights, Please

Sep 2, 2013
Hi!

I know I’m a little late with this, but I really love the Voyageuse line!

I found one that is available for purchase. I thought this was the biggest size Longchamp made in this line, but there’s actually an even bigger one, for travel, which is also available for purchase.

Does anyone have this Voyageuse tote, either in the bigger size or the travel one?

It seems like the handle drop for both is 6”. Is that too short to wear over the shoulder?

Any thoughts on the leather quality—either in the solid color or the one with the monogram?

I would appreciate any insights, opinions, thoughts, please.

Thank you!

FDD38412-EF1D-452B-8BE3-8A8D2437D988.jpeg

7C330C3C-C3CD-4B31-8687-BE99CCBE80A0.jpeg

3233C49B-CFE4-42B1-925D-5B39A53395EB.jpeg

988F2200-1927-472B-8E2A-3E0D9E12DFFD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Hi!

I know I’m a little late with this, but I really love the Voyageuse line!

I found one that is available for purchase. I thought this was the biggest size Longchamp made in this line, but there’s actually an even bigger one, for travel, which is also available for purchase.

Does anyone have this Voyageuse tote, either in the bigger size or the travel one?

It seems like the handle drop for both is 6”. Is that too short to wear over the shoulder?

Any thoughts on the leather quality—either in the solid color or the one with the monogram?

I would appreciate any insights, opinions, thoughts, please.

Thank you!

View attachment 5071618

View attachment 5071619

View attachment 5071620

View attachment 5071637

I have the Tote after this generation - the one without the belt and with the Monogram leather. I think this leather will wear well over time.

I think the solid colour one could be calf leather so doesn't wear as well. Scratch magnet IIRC.

These totes have all been discontinued but maybe you can check with your SA to see if they can track one down for you. I think that the 6" drop is too short to wear on the shoulder and IIRC, these totes were a little heavy...

I have the Tote after this generation - the one without the belt and with the Monogram leather. I think this leather will wear well over time.

I think the solid colour one could be calf leather so doesn't wear as well. Scratch magnet IIRC.

These totes have all been discontinued but maybe you can check with your SA to see if they can track one down for you. I think that the 6" drop is too short to wear on the shoulder and IIRC, these totes were a little heavy...
As always, thank you so much, SmokieDragon!

I’m still debating whether or not to go for it. I can get either the smooth leather or the monogram leather…in either the tote or the travel size.

Or the redesigned version, like yours, both in the smooth leather and the monogram.

Decisions!

One of the main things holding me up is the handle drop—I want the option to carry it on my shoulder (but not with the long shoulder strap). I also usually prefer the shoulder straps to attach on the side of a bag (like the Cuir), as opposed to the way the shoulder strap attaches with the Voyageuse.

One of the main things holding me up is the handle drop—I want the option to carry it on my shoulder (but not with the long shoulder strap). I also usually prefer the shoulder strap to attach on the side of a bag (like the Cuir), as opposed to the way the shoulder strap attaches with the Voyageuse.

But it’s so lovely! Haha. But as lovely as this line is, if I end up not using the bag, then it’s pretty pointless to have it.

And thank you for the info regarding the weight! Such a helpful tip. One of the best things with Longchamp is how lightweight most of their leather bags are.

Thanks again, SmokieDragon! You’re the best! Hope all is well.

As always, thank you so much, SmokieDragon!

I’m still debating whether or not to go for it. I can get either the smooth leather or the monogram leather…in either the tote or the travel size.

Or the redesigned version, like yours, both in the smooth leather and the monogram.

Decisions!

One of the main things holding me up is the handle drop—I want the option to carry it on my shoulder (but not with the long shoulder strap). I also usually prefer the shoulder straps to attach on the side of a bag (like the Cuir), as opposed to the way the shoulder strap attaches with the Voyageuse.

One of the main things holding me up is the handle drop—I want the option to carry it on my shoulder (but not with the long shoulder strap). I also usually prefer the shoulder strap to attach on the side of a bag (like the Cuir), as opposed to the way the shoulder strap attaches with the Voyageuse.

But it’s so lovely! Haha. But as lovely as this line is, if I end up not using the bag, then it’s pretty pointless to have it.

And thank you for the info regarding the weight! Such a helpful tip. One of the best things with Longchamp is how lightweight most of their leather bags are.

Thanks again, SmokieDragon! You’re the best! Hope all is well.

You're very welcome! Cases are piling up here again so just have to stay safe. You take care too!

Reactions: BlackGrayRed