Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Great read. Worth the time taken to go through the history.
This site is totally... even more gossipy than this forum haha. You have to read it... super scandalous stuff at the end of Part 1:

great read. Took some time but I did enjoy the timeline. Thanks for posting...

Last edited:
Didn't they claim that there were other part-time royals and so it was unfair to deny them their half-in/half-out deal?
The only difference is that the other part time royals are not directly in line with the Monarch. The Queen's children are full time Royals. Okay, he's a grandson of the Monarch at the moment, but he's also a son of a future Monarch and a brother to another heir, that makes him different to any of the other grandchildren of the Queen particularly Beatrice and Eugenie ( I know Peter and Zara have never been classed as working Royals) To me, he qualifies as a full time Royal, especially when his father becomes King.
He could look at Anne as an example of being in a similar situation. When Anne was younger, her grandfather was King, her mother would be Queen and her brother will be King.

Last edited:
Didn't they claim that there were other part-time royals and so it was unfair to deny them their half-in/half-out deal? One commentator described their proposal not as "part-time" royals but as "freelance" royals. Makes me wonder if their proposal was like for a Hollywood A-lister: payment per job, perks per trip, retainer for being on stand-by, first class tickets and hotel of choice, first right of refusal. Probably thought it was an offer that the BRF could not possibly refuse.

They were Senior Royals. It's a loose definition, but they are/were supposed to be all full-time apart from Prince Edward/Sophie that only sometimes step-in (Andy 'stepped-down' not that he ever did much in any case).

H&M wanted to be Senior Royals. Big show of it before they got married.

It's my understanding they thought it was like pick-&-mix at a sweet shop: take all the money, privileges and engagements/charities/patronages you want and leave the ones you don't quite fancy (presumably for others to deal with).

That wasn't on, an unworkable model. You certainly can't pop-over from your Cali faux-castle to open a garden fete or attend a premiere and fly off into the smog-filled sunset again hours later, whilst lecturing on climate change and eat/have all the cake forever and ever :king: :queen:

Name me one other job that works that way?

I can’t find it now to quote but that footage of H/M trying to proceed the queen and Chuck is something else. She didn’t need to be briefed on proper protocol. I don’t care if you crawled out from under a rock or climbed down out of a tree anyone would know better than this. The video at the end does not show an embarrassed person, as she should have been, it shows a furious person who is totally PO’ed at being put in her place. :shocked:

They were Senior Royals. It's a loose definition, but they are/were supposed to be all full-time apart from Prince Edward/Sophie that only sometimes step-in (Andy 'stepped-down' not that he ever did much in any case).

H&M wanted to be Senior Royals. Big show of it before they got married.

It's my understanding they thought it was like pick-&-mix at a sweet shop: take all the money, privileges and engagements/charities/patronages you want and leave the ones you don't quite fancy (presumably for others to deal with).

That wasn't on, an unworkable model. You certainly can't pop-over from your Cali faux-castle to open a garden fete or attend a premiere and fly off into the smog-filled sunset again hours later, whilst lecturing on climate change and eat/have all the cake forever and ever :king: :queen:

Name me one other job that works that way?

:smile: Like this one below - where it actually looks like everyone is having great craic !

Princess Anne visited the home of the Greater Cambridge Shared Waste Service where she met the waste and recycling collection crews today - just hours after it was revealed her daughter Zara Tindall has given birth to a baby boy.

The Royal Family Twitter page shared three photographs of the royal, 70, during the working engagement, alongside a caption which read: 'This afternoon The Princess Royal visited the home of the Greater Cambridge Shared Waste Service where she met the waste and recycling collection crews.'

'Her Royal Highness thanked the refuse loaders and bin lorry drivers who have worked as frontline key workers throughout the pandemic, through times when households have generated more recycling and household waste than ever due to lockdown.

:smile: Like this one below - where it actually looks like everyone is having great craic !

Princess Anne visited the home of the Greater Cambridge Shared Waste Service where she met the waste and recycling collection crews today - just hours after it was revealed her daughter Zara Tindall has given birth to a baby boy.

The Royal Family Twitter page shared three photographs of the royal, 70, during the working engagement, alongside a caption which read: 'This afternoon The Princess Royal visited the home of the Greater Cambridge Shared Waste Service where she met the waste and recycling collection crews.'

'Her Royal Highness thanked the refuse loaders and bin lorry drivers who have worked as frontline key workers throughout the pandemic, through times when households have generated more recycling and household waste than ever due to lockdown.
I think this kind of thing is so important- the bin men in my area haven’t missed a single collection since the start of the pandemic, not one, and I’m incredibly grateful. Royal visits like this (and they do look like they’re having fun) show appreciation and thanks on behalf of all of us.

Re the staged papped photo of Meghan, couple things which I just don't understand:
- what is the temperature in LA/Santa Barbara? Surely it is warm enough that a beanie hat is not necessary on a toddler and the multiple layering he is wearing is overdoing it?
- What kind of daycare would necessitate a child bringing his own lunch, snacks, and an additional backpack at the age of under 2?
- why would it be wise for an under 2 year old, therefore probably not potty trained, to wear skinny jeans? Surely loose fitting trousers with poppers would be more practical?
- Why wear a hoodie which is fussy to put on a squirming toddler as opposed to a zippable outer layer?
- the shoes! surely a toddler would be better off in a supportive pair of Geox shoes (other brands are available). those just don't look practical or useful.

Perhaps I am just over thinking it, but I have mothered 2 active boys and practical to a fault and I just can't get my head around how that boy is dressed (not even with much style!). Could not care anything else about that photo. If all of that effort was to make a few quid (can't imagine that all of the possible merching she is trying to do would be very lucrative), seems to be rather more effort than reward.

It can be chilly close to the beach in LA/Santa Barbara. You can go inland a bit and the temp can go up by a lot. If you go over the hill into the valley, the temp can increase by as much as 30 degrees sometimes.

My predictions for THE NAME ... I am doubling down on the idea of NO DIANA - too much competition for MM.

Been thinking of Archie's name with the reference to his father in there (Archie Harrison) not to some family member eg Charles, Philip. Odd that dad should be highlighted.

I predict:

1. FIRST NAME will be offbeat like Archie is offbeat - no Diana. We cannot begin to imagine ...

2. MIDDLE NAME - there will be no Diana. There will be NO reference to family members eg Elizabeth, Mary. No Doria.
The MIDDLE NAME - there shall be only ONE - could be a reference to Meghan just as Harrison referred to Harry.

My money is down on my predictions LOL

PS 30 sec after I typed this, it came to me ... what about Spencer??? This upsets my whole apple cart ... but must reflect for more than 10 sec on this wild and crazy idea, very much a long shot as MM does not know the Spencers

My predictions for THE NAME ... I am doubling down on the idea of NO DIANA - too much competition for MM.

Been thinking of Archie's name with the reference to his father in there (Archie Harrison) not to some family member eg Charles, Philip. Odd that dad should be highlighted.

I predict:

1. FIRST NAME will be offbeat like Archie is offbeat - no Diana. We cannot begin to imagine ...

2. MIDDLE NAME - there will be no Diana. There will be NO reference to family members eg Elizabeth, Mary. No Doria.
The MIDDLE NAME - there shall be only ONE - could be a reference to Meghan just as Harrison referred to Harry.

PS 30 sec after I typed this, it came to me ... what about Spencer??? This upsets my whole apple cart ... but must reflect for more than 10 sec on this wild and crazy idea, very much a long shot as MM does not know the Spencers
I don't think Archie is an off beat name tbh, not here in the UK anyway.
Spencer is more of a male name, again, here in the UK but as they're not here it might sound OK over there.
I'm going with Frances in there somewhere, Diana's middle name was Frances and her mother was Frances.
There you go, Archie and Frankie Mountbatten - Windsor.

I predict:

Maybe she will use Rachel as the middle name, as a "subtle" reference to herself.