Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I am over feeling sorry for Harry. While Meghan may be calling the shots it is clear he has been a full and willing participant all along. Maybe he doesn't always like what they are doing, but he still does it anyway.

I don't believe it is up to others to "save" someone from their own bad decisions OR their mental illness. Harry has lived a life of luxury and privilege the rest of us cannot fathom. He is still living beyond what 99.9% of the population knows. He is mentally competent to understand what he's done and what he continues to do. Absolutely no pity for him here.
ITA. Mental illness is a serious thing, but I feel like more and more people use it as an excuse for their $hitty behavior. My SIL is, to this day, using her "mental illness" as an excuse to suck her 83 and 93 year old parents dry. I have to constantly hear how she's "had a hard life". Her parents are still happily married, she went to private then boarding schools for her amazing education, was never physically or sexually abused, has worked maybe less than a year of her life in total since the age of 25, yet "has had a hard life". She won't get help, and won't take her medication as prescribed, yet we are all to feel sorry for her dumb decisions. She has a mental illness, yet has the mental capacity to manipulate her parents, especially her mother, who then tries to manipulate the rest of us into enabling her so that she's "taken care of" after MIL and FIL are gone. There are people with serious mental illnesses, then there are others who like to jump on that band wagon for their own good, which is what I really believe MM did with her "suicidal ideations".

Apologies if this is repetitive, sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the great posts :flowers:, but an "A" option for Sussex#2 could be "Alexandra" as it is the Queen's middle name (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary).

To be "woke" she could be "Alex" or "Lexie".
But, Archie and Alex sounds to me like a comedy team, so they might want to be careful.

From a future CBS program listing: 8PM "Archie and Alex" spoof the Royal Family.
It also sounds like a low budget jewelry collection. :P

Full disclosure: I love Catherine Walker, her story, her clothes, all the CW’s Diana wore [I have the book]. That said, sometimes it’s too much. It takes skill to choose the proper CW creation. Duchess of Kent and Diana were the quintessential customers IMO.

Fast forward to now, Kate is representing the brand very well. Still, one can overdo it, dilute the effect.
Perhaps only 1 Royal lady should wear it, if [big if] William goes ahead with the unveiling. Fingers crossed, he cancels the public show.

Just pick your faves -

I don't think Harry has any real comprehension of what being trapped is, and it was not his gilded lifestyle as a Royal, it's his subservient role as no more than a Chimpo to the Bimbo.

Reading Bimbo makes me SO uncomfortable. I googled and learned it's derived from Italian and apparently means an unladylike woman? But in German, it's extremely racially loaded, right next to the n-word.

Wait. Hold up, please. Harry is the “ victim of psychological violence “ ???? Do you have a link?

ETA: do you mean MM is/was abusing him psychologically?

That's exactly what I mean. The narcissism alone is already a form of abuse, but she also seems to train him like a dog. And he apparently graduated from first and second grade because she doesn't even have to give verbal commands anymore.

I don't think H is happy in Montecito, and I'm starting to believe this is not going to end well. :hrmm:

"Regarding Kate's relationship with the Duke of Sussex, the commentator added: "She loved Harry.

"He said she is the sister that he never had.

"She has been heartbroken to see them fall out."

I can believe it. Whenever they showed up somewhere together you could see they genuinely liked each other and had fun.

Harry is no victim lol. He's a grown ass man!

So what. Tons of adults fall victims to narcissists, gaslighters, endure verbal and physical abuse from their spouses hands. And it happens to people far more stable than Harry, who one day wake up and are in a situation where they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel without even fully understanding how it got that bad.

I'm obviously Team Queen (doesn't it roll of the tongue better than Team BRF haha), I do think Harry is a spoilt brat with no manners and no conscience, but also I see the traits of an abuser in Meghan.

H&M are not the victims. They are the bullies. No one wants to spend time with H because they know he will record everything and merch it. Surely we all know an obnoxious someone who photographs and records family events, then posts the footage on their Facebook, yes? It can be so annoying that no one wants that person in the room. IMO it is completely understandable why no one wanted to ‘spend time’ with H.

I understand it too and I don't blame any of the family for their, uh, measured reactions. In fact I think they showed a lot more goodwill than he deserved.