Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I like Chrissy but she really does overshare too much. But I guess it's worked for her because she was able to parlay her social media into a whole culinary business now with Target, a cookbook, and some collabs. Go figure but I can't really knock success. I don't think she's comparable to Meghan in any way except that they married famous dudes.

For the longest time I really thought she actually wrote that cookbook (it's two, isn't it? I'm not sure) haha. Then I found out who did (renowned foodwriter Adeena Sussmann...her newest book under her own name on sparkly drinks from the Middle East will be out shortly, and her last one on Israeli food is in my personal Top 10). That said, she doesn't especially bother me, I simply don't find her entertaining and won't seek her out.

For the longest time I really thought she actually wrote that cookbook (it's two, isn't it? I'm not sure) haha. Then I found out who did (renowned foodwriter Adeena Sussmann...her newest book under her own name on sparkly drinks from the Middle East will be out shortly, and her last one on Israeli food is in my personal Top 10). That said, she doesn't especially bother me, I simply don't find her entertaining and won't seek her out.

They co-wrote it I think. Chrissy is always testing recipes on her social media and actually that's what I find most interesting about her insta... I don't really care for the beefs or other stuff she always makes headlines for.

Reactions: QueenofWrapDress
So she yanked the chain and his wife will double down on him going forward, "I am the only one who really loves you." I don't think Harry has any real comprehension of what being trapped is, and it was not his gilded lifestyle as a Royal, it's his subservient role as no more than a Chimpo to the Bimbo. The two children seal his fate. They will be trained to think of the "mean nasty spiteful people in England who hurt Daddy and Mommy."

Re: Charles trip to Wales. He makes an annual summer trip to his home there, one he found and restored after a 40 year search, using local materials and Welsh craftspeople to be a showcase of small businesses in the rural area. He writes eloquently and lovingly about it on a Wales website. It's obviously a refuge.

He is not my favorite Royal but I cut him a lot of slack for recognizing his need to regroup and to mend and to act on it, even knowing he will be criticized for it. I think it's a healthy sign and only undertaken because he knows the Queen is in good hands. Anne, Edward and Andrew are nearby, there is a rota of beloved family and staff (Ladies in Waiting, Angela Kelley) to spend time with her. He would be at her side quickly if necessary.

Charles is 72, he's had Covid, we have no way of knowing, but it is possible he is still feeling some effects of it, but has been soldiering on. (Having two elderly Covid "long haulers" in my family I know this is possible.) Particularly from the day he was summoned to the hospital by his father, going forward he has dealt with a tremendous level of anxiety and emotion. All of the normal in this situation, exacerbated by the unrelenting anguish caused by his whinging son and daughter-in-law. Tension over how Harry might behave once back in Britain and then what evidently was limited and not productive contact. Going forward he and William have to chart a course that will determine the future of the Monarchy, talk about having the weight of the world on your shoulders! Hopefully it is eased by the reports the Queen has made it clear she supports Charles and William going forward.

I understand the viewpoint that he should have a stiff upper lip and stay in London. But I think his leaving actually shows some strength in sending a message to Harry that he will not waste time hanging around hoping for crumbs from his youngest son, when there is work to be done and he will pursue that work in an environment most beneficial to him right now, in Wales. I don't think his father would have begrudged him. When he retired from Royal life Prince Phillip retreated to Woods Farm for most of his remaining days until it was no longer workable. He did what was best for himself at the time and set a precedent I think.

I'm still going back and forth on Harry. He's a POS, agreed, he has done unforgiveable things to his family, but if we're all watching a victim of psychological violence being abused in public (and there's video footage out there from their interactions that make my skin crawl), maybe people (friends, the BRF) SHOULD still engange and try to keep up *some* connection. Dunno.

Wait. Hold up, please. Harry is the “ victim of psychological violence “ ???? Do you have a link?

ETA: do you mean MM is/was abusing him psychologically?

Last edited:
P.S. But I also hope it is somehow relayed to Harry how low the whole world thought his behaviour towards his dying grandfather was. That's the one thing I really want him to know.

I don't think H is happy in Montecito, and I'm starting to believe this is not going to end well. :hrmm:

"Regarding Kate's relationship with the Duke of Sussex, the commentator added: "She loved Harry.

"He said she is the sister that he never had.

"She has been heartbroken to see them fall out."

Last edited:
Harry is no victim lol. He's a grown ass man! Neither of them are victims... they wanted to do XYZ, and they pretty much did XYZ! They're living fine in Montecito, with soon-to-be 2 children and a potentially lucrative business. The only people we should be feeling sorry for are the BRF. Don't let their appearance as victims get to you... it's well crafted by PR people, marketers, celebrity friends, and themselves at the end of the day.

I'm still going back and forth on Harry. He's a POS, agreed, he has done unforgiveable things to his family, but if we're all watching a victim of psychological violence being abused in public (and there's video footage out there from their interactions that make my skin crawl), maybe people (friends, the BRF) SHOULD still engange and try to keep up *some* connection. Dunno.

I am over feeling sorry for Harry. While Meghan may be calling the shots it is clear he has been a full and willing participant all along. Maybe he doesn't always like what they are doing, but he still does it anyway.

I don't believe it is up to others to "save" someone from their own bad decisions OR their mental illness. Harry has lived a life of luxury and privilege the rest of us cannot fathom. He is still living beyond what 99.9% of the population knows. He is mentally competent to understand what he's done and what he continues to do. Absolutely no pity for him here.

He wasn't wanted, by anyone apparently. He would never see it but it illustrates how completely he has cut himself off, not just from family, but from friends as well. Had he kept in touch with some of his old friends maybe he could have met up again before returning home. He had nothing to keep him there.

I agree and think no one wanted to spend time with Harry after the funeral, so he had to slink back to Cali. I wouldn’t be surprised if Charles hightailed it to the Wales to avoid being confronted by Harry demanding for more $$$, security, and whatever else the odious pair think is their god-given right. Charles can easily return to Windsor to celebrate the Queen’s birthday.

I doubt Will and Kate would have invited Harry over for tea. They basically made small talk during their walk and it was mostly for the benefit of lip readers.

And as for Edward, Sophie, and Anne, well, you could see from the funeral that they weren’t going to poke him with a 10-foot pole.

Wouldn’t it be great if Meghan had hopes of demanding more stuff from Charles but only to have him refuse to see Harry who then was forced to return with his tail between his legs, mission unaccomplished? I can hear more china being smashed....

H&M are not the victims. They are the bullies. No one wants to spend time with H because they know he will record everything and merch it. Surely we all know an obnoxious someone who photographs and records family events, then posts the footage on their Facebook, yes? It can be so annoying that no one wants that person in the room. IMO it is completely understandable why no one wanted to ‘spend time’ with H.

Harry is no victim lol. He's a grown ass man! Neither of them are victims... they wanted to do XYZ, and they pretty much did XYZ! They're living fine in Montecito, with soon-to-be 2 children and a potentially lucrative business. The only people we should be feeling sorry for are the BRF. Don't let their appearance as victims get to you... it's well crafted by PR people, marketers, celebrity friends, and themselves at the end of the day.
ITA
Their problem is that they never expected to have to pay their own bills. That's where all the self-pity and resentment is rooted. They keep thinking how much better life would be if only PC were still picking up the tab, if only the Queen had agreed to half-in, half-out, if only the palace had allowed them to do it their way, if only W&K had realized they were equal and maybe even superior, if only .... if only ...

Last edited: