**Hermes Chat**

Fabfashion,
Her internship/residency will last five years after which she will be double-board certified in emergency medicine and internal medicine. She will also have been Chief Resident at a Level 1 trauma center in a major metropolitan area. It’s a very big deal that she has worked on tirelessly for over ten years.
Congrats to your DD on all her hard work! Her list of accomplishments will only get longer as she moves up in rank. Enjoy your time with her until she starts her residency. Time to celebrate

• Love
Reactions: eagle1002us
I was at the DC grand re-opening with another tPFer friend—was that 4-5 years ago? It was such a wonderful production with dinner, musical performance, the food/production, etc. I met etoupebirkin and many other wonderful tPFers there. Did I meet you too, @eagle1002us? My apologies if our meeting slipped my mind. I was the one with an orange Plume bag. I’ve never been to the Fairfax boutique before but my friend had.

I’m near Toronto. For years, we only had a tiny H boutique here. It’s since moved and is now so much bigger. I usually like to shop for H when I’m on vacation. I‘m not loving my SA here in Toronto so I haven’t shopped with her for a few years now. I used to have this wonderful SA in Honolulu but she moved to another boutique but I still get great service at the 2 H boutiques there. My new favourite is the new boutique in the Meatpacking District in NYC. It’s not too big and busy like the one on Madison. NYC is only a couple of hours flight away. I was hoping to go there last summer and take DDs to see some broadway shows. Also I’d booked this year’s March break to Hawaii but had to cancelled when we had a lockdown. So no H for me. Nothing on the wish list yet either. What next for you?

Which one would you consider your home store?
Well, I shopped at Faubourg twice in 2019, different visits. Not quite sure I should consider it a home store but there is no domestic store other than Miami that I've been too since 2015. DH would love to go to Paris.

It's good to know the Meatpacking district store is less crowded than Madison. Isn't H building a new women's boutique a block or from Madison? It can use the room. I have never been to the Meatpacking district.

My "glory" days were at the Fairfax VA store. But I heard the opening party for City Center was terrific. Fairfax got renovated and the new look was christened by walking a white horse across the threshold. The party sounded much better.

Well, I shopped at Faubourg twice in 2019, different visits. Not quite sure I should consider it a home store but there is no domestic store other than Miami that I've been too since 2015. DH would love to go to Paris.

It's good to know the Meatpacking district store is less crowded than Madison. Isn't H building a new women's boutique a block or from Madison? It can use the room. I have never been to the Meatpacking district.

My "glory" days were at the Fairfax VA store. But I heard the opening party for City Center was terrific. Fairfax got renovated and the new look was christened by walking a white horse across the threshold. The party sounded much better.
Hmm...a white horse. Perhaps a symbolic nod to its equine root albeit an elegant one? Party was definitely better. They hired actors from NYC to act as servers. It was like a dinner theatre with choreographed ‘scene’ accompanying each course. I would have bought anything during dinner if that was on offer. Lol. The shopping was the next day. They displayed a couple of alligator Birkin bags with diamond hardware. Wowza! A SA was showing this one couple about 5 alligator bags to choose from—one more gorgeous than the one before. Never seen so many exotic skins in such a short period of time.

Reactions: etoupebirkin
FabFashion,

I was at the grand reopening in DC. I went to the dinner too. I remembered you carried an Orange Plume. I had a pale pink ostrich birkin. I asked the SM for a 32cm Argile Kelly that night. The next day, it was waiting for me.

It was one of the most beautiful and remarkable events I ever attended.

Last edited:
Reactions: eagle1002us
FabFashion,

I was at the grand reopening in DC. I went to the dinner too. Did you attend that and have an Orange Plume? I was the person with the pink ostrich birkin. I asked the SM for a 32cm Argile Kelly that night. The next day, it was waiting for me.

It was one of the most beautiful and remarkable events I ever attended.
@etoupebirkin, I remembered you and your beautiful ostrich B! I love ostrich bags. Wish I have one. I think you were there with another friend? I knew someone introduced you and said you were EB. :smile: I asked for a Kelly sellier and got a rose jaipur K32 to bring home with me. Barely carried her as I find sellier rather hard to get in and out of. Love the structure look though. I think I’d like a K retourne but in 28 next time for everyday. I’m finding my bag size needs are shrinking now that I’m carrying less. B35 and K35 seem super heavy to tote around these days.

Reactions: etoupebirkin
@etoupebirkin, I remembered you and your beautiful ostrich B! I love ostrich bags. Wish I have one. I think you were there with another friend? I knew someone introduced you and said you were EB. :smile: I asked for a Kelly sellier and got a rose jaipur K32 to bring home with me. Barely carried her as I find sellier rather hard to get in and out of. Love the structure look though. I think I’d like a K retourne but in 28 next time for everyday. I’m finding my bag size needs are shrinking now that I’m carrying less. B35 and K35 seem super heavy to tote around these days.
I was with two other TPFers, Cavalier Girl and pugshoes. I look on that night very fondly. I agree that getting in and out of a Kelly can be a challenge, but I still love and wear them.

With COVID, I rarely haul much stuff with me. But I think that once things get back to normal. I still lift big weights, so carrying a bit bag should not be a problem.

I was with two other TPFers, Cavalier Girl and pugshoes. I look on that night very fondly. I agree that getting in and out of a Kelly can be a challenge, but I still love and wear them.

With COVID, I rarely haul much stuff with me. But I think that once things get back to normal. I still lift big weights, so carrying a bit bag should not be a problem.
I rarely go out these days and when I do I only carry car keys, wallet, sunglasses and a mask. I’ve been using Prada nylon crossbody bag as it’s so light and frees up my hands. I’m assuming that once I’m back to going into the office instead of working from home, I’ll get use to the weight again. Although I must admit that I’ve lost so much muscle mass from lack of exercise, so it may take me a while to build up the stamina. Lol.

I know of only the blue, gold and red colors. My SA told me they are no longer in production. I use mine as my everyday, informal Birkin.
I need to go out more so I can start carrying my bag again. :smile: BTW, love your avatar pic. My phone’s screensaver is of DDs in Venice. Ahhh...the good old days when we can travel freely. Counting the days...