Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

I get trying to do all the things necessary to make it more difficult for resellers but what about the people who actually live in the tax free states that are not resellers? They would never be able to have an item shipped to them and would only be able to purchase Chanel by visiting a boutique? That seems unfair to those folks. Especially in a world where the pandemic hasn’t magically disappeared. And especially in a time where online shopping and the convenience of delivery to my door is so popular. I don’t live in one of those states but a rule like that would turn me off the brand if I did.
I know it sucks. At least they can still have things ordered from any Chanel outside of saks though.

I would be curious what people’s opinions are here. Is Chanel really trying to change how they market the classic flap/limiting supply at the source? Or is this just a resellers defense? Obviously this person was moonlighting as a reseller (not sure if she still is) but I’d be curious if there’s any truth to her first point. Though I don’t think it’s “basic” to be mad at resellers - they’re still causing issues for all bags not just the classic flaps.

0811822B-D7E3-4144-B6A7-7C0F05F13AE5.jpeg

I would be curious what people’s opinions are here. Is Chanel really trying to change how they market the classic flap/limiting supply at the source? Or is this just a resellers defense? Obviously this person was moonlighting as a reseller (not sure if she still is) but I’d be curious if there’s any truth to her first point. Though I don’t think it’s “basic” to be mad at resellers - they’re still causing issues for all bags not just the classic flaps.

View attachment 5048403
where i live there is a shortage of supply i agree, but that is partly because most bags get assigned to VIPs/Resellers mainly.

Otherwise need a good relationship with SA to be offered one.
This applies to all bags not just unicorns, even normal bags.

am not sure if this is a business strategy but am sure it has created a hype and many want to buy Chanel now than lets say 2 years back!

View attachment 5048403
I mean.... I don't think every boutique has a black classic flap available for sale all the time. But if you look in the boutique stock thread they are constantly popping up, and if you put in minimal effort you can get one. I think this person thinks her followers are dumb and is trying to shift the heat that resellers have been getting off herself.

View attachment 5048403
What a pile of HOOEY. We know that the production is less right now. BUT if the resellers weren't doing as we said HOW do THEY have all the "hot" bags? Where did they get them from if Chanel is purposely holding them back to create a "frenzy"?
It's a combo of lower production + reseller greed. The SA's who enable this by selling to these people need to stop.

So the resellers, IG and YT Luxury Set are able to buy because of their status, or through a shield (friends, cousins, inside SA, etc..) and reap HUGE financial benefits as the market of (supply/demand) allows them to do so.

I also have big issue with the luxury resellers like FP, TRR, etc. Do they have special buyers getting these limited pieces and driving prices up? If they purchase a "holy grail" bag from a normal reseller, like myself, would they pay out $500+ over the current retail price. I think it is very rare to minimal of them doing that.

Now the luxury houses, along with other reasons will continue to increase the prices on these bags, b/c people like us continue to pay way over retail.

I almost done with Chanel. I am looking for another min-rec to add to my small collection. I will not pay aftermarket. If I can't get it new from the store, I am not paying a reseller extra $$ for that bag, unless its priced below the current retail price.

Fashionphile selling the 21s white iridescent mini for $6k!! The resale market is getting absolutely absurd.

Oh wow and then even more absurd - the rainbow mini flap in green is $7k. Jesus.

So the resellers, IG and YT Luxury Set are able to buy because of their status, or through a shield (friends, cousins, inside SA, etc..) and reap HUGE financial benefits as the market of (supply/demand) allows them to do so.

I also have big issue with the luxury resellers like FP, TRR, etc. Do they have special buyers getting these limited pieces and driving prices up? If they purchase a "holy grail" bag from a normal reseller, like myself, would they pay out $500+ over the current retail price. I think it is very rare to minimal of them doing that.

Now the luxury houses, along with other reasons will continue to increase the prices on these bags, b/c people like us continue to pay way over retail.

I almost done with Chanel. I am looking for another min-rec to add to my small collection. I will not pay aftermarket. If I can't get it new from the store, I am not paying a reseller extra $$ for that bag, unless its priced below the current retail price.
Right?? My first thought was - someone worked really hard to get that 21s white mini and turned around and sold it to FP to what, break even? Or did FP pay them out over retail? The sad thing is I went back and checked and it was gone within a day or two, so the demand is obviously there. Looks like the problem will continue...