2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous bags, I really like that croc bag!

Woo HOoo!!

I hope they sell quick!

I bought several plain beige bags online (somewhere - brain fade right now) so that all my bags have the same dust bag. It gives the closet a more - uh - uniform look that I prefer.
I have the same number of bags, and that includes the bags that I count as 'seasonal/travel/special occasion... frankly - that's the Goldilock's Number for me - just right, not too much, not too little.

(though I occasionally think it's too much, but that's just crazy talk... everyone needs 3 red bags - amiright?)
Of course! I have 3, getting one in Italy, so that will be 4. May move 1-2 out, TBD. Red is a neutral!:graucho:

A pleasant surprise....someone gifted me a bunch of dust bags so I can put my pillowcases back in the linen closet where they belong instead of use them to store bags (the downside of preloved....few come with dust bags). After I got them swapped out and moved out the bags I am selling, I looked and saw that I have less bags than I thought. I only have 22, and even adding with a red bag from Italy, a casual black bag and my beloved Bolide, I will still only be at 25. And there are 2-4 that I may get rid of once things go back to normal and I see if I use them. I thought I was overboard on bags, but I am not! Now if the ones I have listed just sell already!!!!!!!

That's impressive! :tup: Good for you! :drinks:

I'm thinking about buying this bag. Tell me all your thoughts.
I would pay a small fortune for the cat and the dog in the picture! :love:
Gorgeous bag. Like others have said, I would find it too wide at the base so it may stick out quite far from your body, but that's not an issue for everyone.
Oh I see you got it already! Yay, congrats! It is super pretty!
As I´ve been away for a while I´m late with my March stats:

7 vintage bags out ("march them out the door....")
1 vintage bag in (super cheap and still I´m not sure whether I´ll keep it, though)
no premier bags in or out, no slgs in or out
Amazing stats!
@jblended kudos on your amazing core collection of books. I loved your stories and especially enjoyed hearing about your autographed complete works of Shakespeare by the Reduced Shakespeare Company.
You're so kind! Thank you :hugs:
I hope things calm down soon. Have you tried adult coloring books or just a sketch pad and a pencil. These can be relaxing. You could design your perfect bag on a sketch or just make pretty colored squiggles, what ever makes you happy.
Great suggestion!

Good news! Coach sent me a return shipping label for the wrong bag and is overnighting the right bag!
Yay! I cannot wait for this reveal! :happydance:
I hope it's all factory wrapped for you!
A pleasant surprise....someone gifted me a bunch of dust bags so I can put my pillowcases back in the linen closet where they belong instead of use them to store bags (the downside of preloved....few come with dust bags). After I got them swapped out and moved out the bags I am selling, I looked and saw that I have less bags than I thought. I only have 22, and even adding with a red bag from Italy, a casual black bag and my beloved Bolide, I will still only be at 25. And there are 2-4 that I may get rid of once things go back to normal and I see if I use them. I thought I was overboard on bags, but I am not! Now if the ones I have listed just sell already!!!!!!!
Congrats on all of this! Awesome stuff. :smile:
(though I occasionally think it's too much, but that's just crazy talk... everyone needs 3 red bags - amiright?)
:lol::lol:

Most of my bags are within the brown/tan family (love browns specially rich browns and rusts) so I thought I would contribute this week, but haven’t got round to it.

Now, that is a nice surprise! Perhaps I should go count my bags too.

I need HELP. Since I am enjoying my new BV little Spring tulip so much I am reconsidering my whole bag wardrobe (again). I feel all I want is bags with NO hardware. No logos, no nothing. I find I need white, and green... I am still considering the Loewe’s Balloon (I don’t have any bucket bag and it is so beautiful), and now they are coming with the Paula’s collection full of vibrant baskets that scream Summer. And I am also looking at the big Bulb, and thinking, wouldn’t it make such a great fit everything shoulder bag... And considering a small BV in minimal white... Oh dear...

Most of my bags are within the brown/tan family (love browns specially rich browns and rusts) so I thought I would contribute this week, but haven’t got round to it.

Now, that is a nice surprise! Perhaps I should go count my bags too.

I need HELP. Since I am enjoying my new BV little Spring tulip so much I am reconsidering my whole bag wardrobe (again). I feel all I want is bags with NO hardware. No logos, no nothing. I find I need white, and green... I am still considering the Loewe’s Balloon (I don’t have any bucket bag and it is so beautiful), and now they are coming with the Paula’s collection full of vibrant baskets that scream Summer. And I am also looking at the big Bulb, and thinking, wouldn’t it make such a great fit everything shoulder bag... And considering a small BV in minimal white... Oh dear...
Sometimes a bag can help us realize what we really love, but give it time. Let the newness wear off before you change the direction of your wardrobe. Especially if it is a brand new, trendier offering.

I think so yes. For this style.
I'm going to get it ❤:heart:
I really is a stunner.

Reactions: BowieFan1971
brown bags....

Here are some of mine:
Dior St. Germain (2006), My Dior large pockets (sorry, not sure about the year- 2005? 2007? )

View attachment 5048045View attachment 5048049

40ies croc bag

View attachment 5048062

50ies frame bags (the snakeskin might be older)

View attachment 5048063

60ies frame bags: Gabor and Mädler (paired with modern shoes)

View attachment 5048059View attachment 5048060

my workhose: Jaguar 60ies

View attachment 5048061

and a 60ies Goldpfeil

View attachment 5048064
These are so lovely! And the shoes - excellent!