New 2021 policy

I’m wondering how resellers can buy so much when LV has implemented product purchase limitations.
Because many stores/CAs are not following the supposed limitations. There are so many "personal shoppers" that have their CA(s) hold things for them for purchase. They purchase multiples without problem. Just look at their accounts on Instagram or in Facebook LV groups. If buyers refused to purchase from these people, there would be no incentive for them to run this "business" of buying and reselling at premium mark ups. It's all a joke.

I don't understand this at all. If people pre order the items then you know you have a guaranteed sale. I think it also has to do with the new chips and resellers so they can keep a tighter control on what's being sold in stores.
Not really. some pre sale items they cannot get the item and then have to refund. There have been times where people preorder from collections and do not get the item...it is really frustrating and sometimes difficult to get your money back...

Reactions: thewave1969
Could it be a way to incentivise shopping in store? Luxury is a lot about service and the experience, not just about the product and you can't get any of this ordering on line. At the same time, when I'm nowhere near a store, I still like to indulge!

Reactions: Loriad
Not really. some pre sale items they cannot get the item and then have to refund. There have been times where people preorder from collections and do not get the item...it is really frustrating and sometimes difficult to get your money back...
Wow. I didn't know that. I thought preordering guaranteed your item maybe just at a later date. I'm so used to iPhone preorders. Well maybe they're doing this to curb resellers.

Wow. I didn't know that. I thought preordering guaranteed your item maybe just at a later date. I'm so used to iPhone preorders. Well maybe they're doing this to curb resellers.
The item may not be available and is not a guarantee...I thought maybe they stopped preorders since some collections people didn’t get their items and were upset. Refunds were not happening quickly either. People were frustrated they paid in advance for the item and were not able to get it...

Reactions: ekurutz89 and NicaG
I think it really depends on if you are a vic/ vvic or not for the pre-order. How your store view you and your purchase history. Also some stores do work with resellers while others don’t. So all of these get taken into account whether you get the pre-ordered bags or not (regardless if you pre-paid or not). The speed of refund also depends on how the store view you as a client. If you are an important client, you can be sure your store will refund you quickly. If you buy a canvas bag, couple slg and few sunnies, every half year, then you will likely have to wait for your refund if you don’t get your pre-paid bag.
Now they will only take pre-order for leather and rtw. Each store is allocated x number of canvas bags in advance. The man’s manager will look at purchase history/ and purchase potential when allocating canvas bags. It’s just smart business on their end. Not so good for people who only buy few canvas things here and there.