New 2021 policy

MyBelongs to Louis

My ❤️ Belongs to Louis
Sep 6, 2017
I’m curious to hear your thoughts on what might be behind this new ordering system for LV. My SA said that stores will only be allowed to order all non-leather/RTW items after release happened (stock numbers separate from web LV) and there are no guarantees for clients’ waitlist items. Super confusing policy that doesn’t make sense to me. Could this have anything to do with the new electronic chips they’re installing in their bags and SLG‘s?

Would love to hear your insights and clarification of this new policy!

Last edited:

NicaG

Jun 8, 2020
I don't understand this at all. If people pre order the items then you know you have a guaranteed sale. I think it also has to do with the new chips and resellers so they can keep a tighter control on what's being sold in stores.

BrandSnob

May 2, 2014
DC/NYC
I understand this for canvas as it’s cheap and more accessible but RTW??? Ugghh I guess that must be because of all the hype beasts. I agree with what a poster above said about how if your total order is above a certain amount or included leather or something then they should let ppl get their full order

Reactions: Loriad

kkatie

Apr 17, 2019
I can understand wanting to do something about resellers. I haven’t been able to get a PlayStation 5 in four months because resellers buy every single available unit.
You and me both.

To be honest the whole preorder thing is stupid to me.
Make it available and whoever really really wants it will be there for launch. It works with apple every year and they don’t give the received stock to resellers or friends and family as in the case of the ps5.
First come first served works best in my mind and gives the chance to people who actually want a certain piece and not bulk buy every season to actually get it.

May 13, 2009
You and me both.

To be honest the whole preorder thing is stupid to me.
Make it available and whoever really really wants it will be there for launch. It works with apple every year and they don’t give the received stock to resellers or friends and family as in the case of the ps5.
First come first served works best in my mind and gives the chance to people who actually want a certain piece and not bulk buy every season to actually get it.
my husband is a literal director at a company that makes video games and they didn’t get any stock of the PS5 which is very unusual.

Reactions: Penelopepursula

kkatie

Apr 17, 2019
my husband is a literal director at a company that makes video games and they didn’t get any stock of the PS5 which is very unusual.
The ps5 drama is insane. People have preordered in September but are still waiting and I can see at least 10 entries in marketplace for 1000€
everything these days has supply/delivery issues, I have preordered also a laptop with the new graphics cards and the delivery has been postponed 5 times already.
Even LV has very limited stock and cannot order some items (ie the city steamer PM in black that I asked)

May 13, 2009
The ps5 drama is insane. People have preordered in September but are still waiting and I can see at least 10 entries in marketplace for 1000€
everything these days has supply/delivery issues, I have preordered also a laptop with the new graphics cards and the delivery has been postponed 5 times already.
Even LV has very limited stock and cannot order some items (ie the city steamer PM in black that I asked)
oh there’s tons for over a grand. I also wanted either the all in or the city steamer xxl for my tripto the Seychelles in august and neither are available.

Reactions: kkatie