Calvi + Bastia

I have a question.
I want to order a customised Calvi the only leather options offered are swift or epsom.
the colours I've chosen are exterior Vert Cypres with provisional interior colour of either Rouge Pourpre or Rouge H (probably go with RP) I'm torn as to what leather to chose.
I want it as an everyday Calvi to use at work for my business cards/cc's/staff ID
The only Calvi I already own is the sailor tattoo one which is my 'special calvi' and not for daily carry in pocket use, that is in swift.
I actually dont like Epsom it looks and feels plasticy and I tend to love smooth unpressed leathers-HOWEVER I cant help wondering if epsom may be the most practical choice for my new Calvi.
Another consideration for me is saturation of colour-I love deep saturated colours and which leather would these colours look best in?
My heart us screaming SWIFT! but my head says Epsom.
Do I follow my head or my heart?

Reactions: Sanae
I have a question.
I want to order a customised Calvi the only leather options offered are swift or epsom.
the colours I've chosen are exterior Vert Cypres with provisional interior colour of either Rouge Pourpre or Rouge H (probably go with RP) I'm torn as to what leather to chose.
I want it as an everyday Calvi to use at work for my business cards/cc's/staff ID
The only Calvi I already own is the sailor tattoo one which is my 'special calvi' and not for daily carry in pocket use, that is in swift.
I actually dont like Epsom it looks and feels plasticy and I tend to love smooth unpressed leathers-HOWEVER I cant help wondering if epsom may be the most practical choice for my new Calvi.
Another consideration for me is saturation of colour-I love deep saturated colours and which leather would these colours look best in?
My heart us screaming SWIFT! but my head says Epsom.
Do I follow my head or my heart?
l would go with what you love honestly. As much as l love epsom it does tend to scuff in my experience because of the leather being heat-pressed. That being said, l still prefer epsom to swift.

Hi! New to Hermès and looking to buy a Calvi. I’ve noticed the number of colors available at any given time varies pretty widely and seems to be down right now on the US website.

Does anyone know if more colors will be made available soon or if there’s a pattern to when they’re released?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! New to Hermès and looking to buy a Calvi. I’ve noticed the number of colors available at any given time varies pretty widely and seems to be down right now on the US website.

Does anyone know if more colors will be made available soon or if there’s a pattern to when they’re released?

Thanks in advance!
No true rhyme or reason to production. Often as a new season starts, the colors for that season will be produced, but H is so unbothered by release dates/seasons that it’s unpredictable. There have been months that go by with zero calvi available on the website so the selection right now (17) is actually not terrible.

No true rhyme or reason to production. Often as a new season starts, the colors for that season will be produced, but H is so unbothered by release dates/seasons that it’s unpredictable. There have been months that go by with zero calvi available on the website so the selection right now (17) is actually not terrible.

Wow! This is good to know. Maybe I should just go ahead and buy one now- I really need a slim wallet for my small bags. I was holding out for Sanguine to come back.

Really appreciate the info!

Do Hermes slg color transfer when they touch inside your bag? I'd like a rainbow with some neons and don't want them marking each other up :frown:

I’ve got a Calvi in Vert Bosphore chèvre and use it in all my bags daily for the past year and a half. So far no color transfer on the calvi or on the lining of my bags and it’s held up beautifully.

Attachments

• 676AAB24-8ECC-4B41-8A77-972D0F888E8A.jpeg
    676AAB24-8ECC-4B41-8A77-972D0F888E8A.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 49
Oh no! I guess it’s a really good thing I asked. That Anemone is pretty eye catching...
Did you see this thread?

It's worth keeping an eye on to see what others are buying and what's available. Lots of great info on different leathers and colours used for Calvis.

Reactions: Random Username