GOODWILL FIND

Try posting in this thread and follow the instructions in the first post:

The Goodwill is full of bed bugs. I would not buy anything from them just based on that. They lay eggs in fabric that will hatch in your house. Don't want to gross you out, but I tell everyone not to buy fabric items from stores like that. It's not worth taking a chance.

The Goodwill is full of bed bugs. I would not buy anything from them just based on that. They lay eggs in fabric that will hatch in your house. Don't want to gross you out, but I tell everyone not to buy fabric items from stores like that. It's not worth taking a chance.

Hi! Thank you! Yes, that can happen. I've been a Goodwill/Thrift Shop/Consignment Store shopper for decades. I'm careful. Everything gets dry cleaned. I've been pretty lucky. And, I went to the correct page and the bag is authentic. ;)

• Love
Reactions: BaconR
I've been a thrift lurker for years and never had any experience with bed bugs. I believe it's all about how careful or lucky (or unlucky) you are. You can easily get bed bugs in hotels and other public places.

I'm happy you said you got it dry cleaned. I wonder if there is another option to make sure you're not bringing home bedbugs? Unfortunately, I live in an isolated rural mountain community and we do not have a dry cleaner. Nearest one is 250 miles one way. We do have a small private not for profit thrift store I go too. Now I'll have to research about other ways to eliminate, maybe direct sunlight or freezing the bag??

I'm happy you said you got it dry cleaned. I wonder if there is another option to make sure you're not bringing home bedbugs? Unfortunately, I live in an isolated rural mountain community and we do not have a dry cleaner. Nearest one is 250 miles one way. We do have a small private not for profit thrift store I go too. Now I'll have to research about other ways to eliminate, maybe direct sunlight or freezing the bag??
You just need to hear the bag to 120 degrees for at least 20 minutes. These do great for suitcases/ bags after trips so would surely fit the needScreenshot_20211230-151724_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: so12monc
arrgh.....I just ordered a bag from Goodwill in another state.....now you have me worried
I came here because they're not posting my shipping info....didn't think of bed bugs
What if I set the bag out in the sun for a day?
Bed bugs are not microscopic so if they were there you'd see them, right?