Celine Nano Luggage Club

Hi everyone, I badly need your help, I just preordered my Celine Nano Luggage from Europe (in Dark Olive) without trying it on (because there are no Celine boutiques here in Manila). And since the strap isn’t adjustable I’m so anxious if it would fit me well.. I’m a plus size mom, I usually wear a US16/UK20 and I’m 5’5. Are there any plus size ladies here with Celine Nanos? Also, can anyone please give me the end to end measurement of the strap (including the strap connector/hardware) please? I tried searching and searching but I couldn’t find any measurements online. I would really appreciate it if anyone can reply. Thank you in advance!

Yall, I need advice!

I own the Celine Nano Luggage in Black with the new logo, which I bought for at full price, new at $2700 in August 2020 from 24s. I have fallen in love with the bag! However, I am thinking of purchasing one in black with the old logo, just becayse it was created under Phoebe Philo. I've wanted this bag since I was a teenager, and its my only luxury bag. Do you think its worth it for me to sell this brand new one for an old one with the old logo? I'm 100% sure I'll be losing money, probably a couple hundred dollars which makes me think I'm crazy for even considering it. But everytime I look at my new logo bag, I cant help but wish I got one with the old logo. Any advice will be appreciated!

If you have one with the new logo, has anyone ever given you flack about not having an old logo one? Let me know :heart:

Yall, I need advice!

I own the Celine Nano Luggage in Black with the new logo, which I bought for at full price, new at $2700 in August 2020 from 24s. I have fallen in love with the bag! However, I am thinking of purchasing one in black with the old logo, just becayse it was created under Phoebe Philo. I've wanted this bag since I was a teenager, and its my only luxury bag. Do you think its worth it for me to sell this brand new one for an old one with the old logo? I'm 100% sure I'll be losing money, probably a couple hundred dollars which makes me think I'm crazy for even considering it. But everytime I look at my new logo bag, I cant help but wish I got one with the old logo. Any advice will be appreciated!

If you have one with the new logo, has anyone ever given you flack about not having an old logo one? Let me know :heart:
Not worth it at all. I have the old logo and with time the accent fades away and you can’t even see it. Forget about this detail and enjoy your bag.

Yall, I need advice!

Look, if you want the Old Logo for that mind-clean feeling, and because the heart wants what it does, then buy all means go for it. I only own Céline bags, and I probably only ever will own Céline...but that's just because they make me happy. Own what makes you happy.

And honestly, no one ever examines bags that close to figure old vs new and no one should be giving anyone flack about carrying any bag they love (genuine ones anyway...admittedly I side-eye people with obvious fakes).

Look, if you want the Old Logo for that mind-clean feeling, and because the heart wants what it does, then buy all means go for it. I only own Céline bags, and I probably only ever will own Céline...but that's just because they make me happy. Own what makes you happy.

And honestly, no one ever examines bags that close to figure old vs new and no one should be giving anyone flack about carrying any bag they love (genuine ones anyway...admittedly I side-eye people with obvious fakes).

Thats so true! No one should be that close to me and examining my bag.. 6 FT distance please! :lol: I've thought about it, and what makes me happy is the overall design, aesthetic and practicality of the bag, not so much the logo. Besides, the luggage will always be remembered as a Pheobe Philo bag, regardless of the accent on the "e". If I decide to add another Celine piece, I will consider looking for a preloved one with the accent :heart:

Reactions: eunaddict
Thats so true! No one should be that close to me and examining my bag.. 6 FT distance please! :lol: I've thought about it, and what makes me happy is the overall design, aesthetic and practicality of the bag, not so much the logo. Besides, the luggage will always be remembered as a Pheobe Philo bag, regardless of the accent on the "e". If I decide to add another Celine piece, I will consider looking for a preloved one with the accent :heart:
Exactly! This is a Phoebe Philo design. I wouldn’t exchange a brand new bag for the same used model just for the logo. I love this bag. Enjoy yours

Reactions: silver1995
Yall, I need advice!

how much will you need to pay for the one with old logo and how much will you get back for selling the one with new logo?

Reactions: yopanialva11
hi everyone! new celine lover here :smile:

i had 2 question for the newer nano luggages (with the new logo). i am interested in purchasing a bag that the receipt said was purchased in 2020 with all original tags and a box, but wanted to do my due diligence first.

1. does the tab inside your bag with "Made in Italy" have "Celine" on it, or just "MADE IN ITALY" in all caps without "Celine"? it looks like the older version (with the old accented logo) has "Celine" +"Made in Italy" under it with only the first letters capitalized. the photo of the tab on the bag i am considering is attached.

2. there are two equidistant stiches on the back of the bag where the thread is double-stitched -- does your bag have this as well? red arrows show the two stitches i am talking about (sorry that i can't zoom in further!).

also, does anyone know how to decipher the date code stamp -- i.e., how do you determine the year it was made?

thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• signal-2020-11-23-201426 (1).jpg
    signal-2020-11-23-201426 (1).jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 43
  • signal-2020-11-23-201426.jpg
    signal-2020-11-23-201426.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 47
how much will you need to pay for the one with old logo and how much will you get back for selling the one with new logo?

Well, from what I've seen on Fashionphile, black nano luggages with the old logo in excellent condition go for around $2,500 which is super close to retail. I submitted my new logo nano for a quote, just to see what they'd offer, and they literally offered $1,200. Yup, you read that right-- $1,200 for a BRAND NEW bag that retails for $2,700. Even selling it privately, no one wants to pay that amount for this bag (from what I saw).. so I would lose money either way. I took down all of those listings now though, since I have decided to keep the bag :heart:

hi everyone! new celine lover here :smile:

i had 2 question for the newer nano luggages (with the new logo). i am interested in purchasing a bag that the receipt said was purchased in 2020 with all original tags and a box, but wanted to do my due diligence first.

1. does the tab inside your bag with "Made in Italy" have "Celine" on it, or just "MADE IN ITALY" in all caps without "Celine"? it looks like the older version (with the old accented logo) has "Celine" +"Made in Italy" under it with only the first letters capitalized. the photo of the tab on the bag i am considering is attached.

2. there are two equidistant stiches on the back of the bag where the thread is double-stitched -- does your bag have this as well? red arrows show the two stitches i am talking about (sorry that i can't zoom in further!).

also, does anyone know how to decipher the date code stamp -- i.e., how do you determine the year it was made?

thank you in advance!!

Hi! Totally understand doing your due diligence. Also, I recommend using authentication services if you can -- I like RealAuthentication (they have an app and everything), and charge around $30 for authentication.. which is minuscule compared to the cost of luxury handbags!

1. Yes, my tab looks exactly the same! It only says MADE IN ITALY without any "Celine" logo.
2. My nano is black with black stitching so it is incredibly hard to notice if there is any double stitching. From what I could see, there was not any double stitching.

As for the date codes, I'm not sure about the first 3 characters, but I believe the last 4 digits are similar to LV in that the 1st and 3rd digits correspond to the week made, and the 2nd and 4th digits correspond to the year. For example, mine read 0199 and 1109, which would be between the 9th and 10th weeks of 2019.

For what I've learned through luxury shopping, if the offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Also, eBay is to never trusted (my opinion:P)

Good luck!

Hi! Totally understand doing your due diligence. Also, I recommend using authentication services if you can -- I like RealAuthentication (they have an app and everything), and charge around $30 for authentication.. which is minuscule compared to the cost of luxury handbags!

1. Yes, my tab looks exactly the same! It only says MADE IN ITALY without any "Celine" logo.
2. My nano is black with black stitching so it is incredibly hard to notice if there is any double stitching. From what I could see, there was not any double stitching.

As for the date codes, I'm not sure about the first 3 characters, but I believe the last 4 digits are similar to LV in that the 1st and 3rd digits correspond to the week made, and the 2nd and 4th digits correspond to the year. For example, mine read 0199 and 1109, which would be between the 9th and 10th weeks of 2019.

For what I've learned through luxury shopping, if the offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Also, eBay is to never trusted (my opinion:P)

Good luck!

Sorry for the belated response, but I wanted to thank you for your response! For anyone who is wondering, I ended up returning the bag because RA determined it was fake and there were also a number of things about the sale that made me suspicious. Always trust your gut!

Reactions: kookai-lola
Hey guys, i definitely do not comment here enough but i always follow and check up on your gorgeous bags.

I have my nano in red and i know lot of people say that this bag is not trendy any more but i love it still so sooo much.
I actually posted a "what is in my Celine Nano" on my tiny youtube Channel recently. I will embed link hereby in case you are nosey like i am and want to check it out

Hey guys, i definitely do not comment here enough but i always follow and check up on your gorgeous bags.

I have my nano in red and i know lot of people say that this bag is not trendy any more but i love it still so sooo much.
I actually posted a "what is in my Celine Nano" on my tiny youtube Channel recently. I will embed link hereby in case you are nosey like i am and want to check it out

Loved the video! My celine nano luggage is my favorite luxury bag ever!