2 days to send it back. THOUGHTS?

Garfunkel

Nov 17, 2020
I wish I could start a new topic but I don't have the posts or time. I ordered this for my wife for Christmas - will be our first Christmas this year and wanted it to be special. We're actually not in the income bracket to just go out and buy these things but I sold a watch that doesn't get worn much. Once it arrives, I have 2 days to send it back.... I wanted a softer leather for my wife's only Hermes bag(I got her a scarf earlier in the year and she went nuts[good nuts]). Most of her purses are conservative colors. Anyway, sent payment and now just waiting.... I believe I bought for about retail price after fees were net out. Thoughts on entry Hermes purse?

Attachments

• kh1.jpg
    kh1.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 372
  • kh3.jpg
    kh3.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 364
  • kh2.jpg
    kh2.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 323
I wish I could start a new topic but I don't have the posts or time. I ordered this for my wife for Christmas - will be our first Christmas this year and wanted it to be special. We're actually not in the income bracket to just go out and buy these things but I sold a watch that doesn't get worn much. Once it arrives, I have 2 days to send it back.... I wanted a softer leather for my wife's only Hermes bag(I got her a scarf earlier in the year and she went nuts[good nuts]). Most of her purses are conservative colors. Anyway, sent payment and now just waiting.... I believe I bought for about retail price after fees were net out. Thoughts on entry Hermes purse?
I think it’s lovely that you did that, and a first Hermès bag being a lovely Kelly! A winner! Welcome to the forum, I think many here would agree that receiving a Kelly is their first bag would be absolutely fabulous.

That's so wonderful and sweet of you! I think she will love it judging from her reaction to the scarf. This red is gorgeous and I'm sure will go with many outfits. The Kelly is also very versatile with the shoulder strap. Great choice!

It's beautiful! By conservative colors do you mean neutrals like black, brown, grey? I think that even if she doesn't have a red bag, red is fairly easy to work into a wardrobe and isn't too "loud." You've chosen a great classic!

Reactions: CMilly
It's beautiful! By conservative colors do you mean neutrals like black, brown, grey? I think that even if she doesn't have a red bag, red is fairly easy to work into a wardrobe and isn't too "loud." You've chosen a great classic!
Yes - she has only black, brown, beige purses. This has been a HUGE learning curve but I am pleasantly surprised the parallels to watches and cars. A Car or watch could be worth 1$ but if it has a nuanced option that only a connoisseur knows about then the value could be worth 10x for example even though a non enthusiasts would never know! I wanted something that was a good size to wear for the largest amount of occasions. I really wanted a soft leather to get the most appreciation for something so nice although I do like the more box shaped for dressing up - but didn't want the stamped leather both for losing the natural feel and the potential for scratching and having the un-dyed leather showing. I measured her bags and her biggest one she wears out at night is 13" - although sometimes she just wears a large wallet/clutch - maybe another time for one of those...

Once it arrives, I have 2 days to get a refund. Anything I should look for or red flags? During the process I did get close pictures of corners and the seller claims no repairs have been made.

This is a really great gesture and I’m sure your wife will be happy. I hope she loves the red color. I carry neutrals and not a fan of red but I’m probably the exception. Everyone I know loves red and carry it well.
Please do have it authenticated as others suggested, for peace of mind.

Reactions: CMilly
This is a really great gesture and I’m sure your wife will be happy. I hope she loves the red color. I carry neutrals and not a fan of red but I’m probably the exception. Everyone I know loves red and carry it well.
Please do have it authenticated as others suggested, for peace of mind.
I bought through Vestiaire collective who authenticates - do I need to do additional authentication? Similar to watches(a hobby I know well) there appear to be many really good fakes and I'd like to smile at the thoughts of a "forever" piece when we are old so I would like assurances.

Reactions: CMilly and jellyv
I bought through Vestiaire collective who authenticates - do I need to do additional authentication? Similar to watches(a hobby I know well) there appear to be many really good fakes and I'd like to smile at the thoughts of a "forever" piece when we are old so I would like assurances.
Yes def do authentication with bababebi - you can start that process with the photos you already have and if she needs more she will tell you. (I haven't bought through Vestaire but it is always recommended with resellers to have independent authentication.)

Looks like a fantastic bag - you are a lovely husband!

Reactions: Ready2wear
The bag is gorgeous! What a perfect gift. Here are my only two caveats:

- Yes, please do have it authenticated! Vestiaire is a platform and I think counting on authentication there isn't enough.

- In all the photos, the bag handle is covered with a twilly. This is a small red flag to me. Please ask the seller if the handle is damaged before you open the box and/or video yourself opening it. You don't want to find damage and get blamed for it.

Otherwise I think you are a wonderful partner and will have a VERY happy wife this Christmas!