i got my sandstone work from bluefly BUT...

Should I keep the bag, or send it back?

• Yes keep it!

• No! it's a reject!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would send it back ...obviously noticeable and it will be an eye sore. Honestly, for an expensive bag I would want it to be perfect to my standards... and if this bag is not acceptable I would return it.

i think it's going to bother you, so i would send it back. these bags aren't going to be as hard to find, now that the new colors are coming back and people tend to "rotate" their bags a lot, KWIM? :yes:

That said, if I had a $ bag (or anything but esp. an extra expensive bag) that bothered me in the slightest, I'd send it back and wait for love.

I'm with honey1. If you're hesitating over it, you probably aren't going to grow to love it. It might grow on you, and you might like it, but you probably aren't ever going to be totally in love with it.

See, now, I like the contrast - I'm not a matchy person - but I can totally see how someone else wouldn't want it. To me, the variation says "handcrafted lovingly" and whoever put the pieces together found a way to use several difference pieces in a truly Lariat-inspired way. Nick G's original B-Bag designs for the LeDix/Lariat bag really emphasized saddlebags as well as motorcycle bags - and I think this bag captures the very essence of what he was trying to achieve. Sort of like those fabric or pony hair bags do (but, alas, I don't like either of those).

But, if I were a person who preferred sleek and monochromatic, I wouldn't want it. So if you do send it back, someone else who is like me will enjoy it - and aren't there others still in stock? I feel differently on this issue about different colors (I'd really not like the two-tone idea on anthracite, for example) - but on the browns, I think it's great.

I'm noticing that I like having variations in leather/piecing in the various bags (I am really happy now that my Rouille is a bit on the very veiny/splotchy side - I'm hard on her and she doesn't show wear at all). My 06 Carmel is not as veiny as some - and not as flat colored as some, either - I don't think I'd want all my bags veiny.

I sent back a veiny black bag (very sparkly and cool though) because if I have black, I want it more even and not so sparkly - and instead, I have an anthracite that's sparkly but not very veiny (frankly, it looks like I kept the black bag but beat it up and put some blue leather conditioner on it, in many ways).

So, I voted for you to keep it - as I think you'd have to look long and hard for a bag with as much character - but if it's not exactly the character you want in that color, exchange it! To me, it is gorgeous - but a bit more Cowgirl looking than some bags.

:hs:There's no Cowgirl smiley that I can find...this'll have to do.

just to keep you guys updated- i'm still torn! i love the leather and the color so i want to keep it. this is a tough decision for me to make. everything else is perfect about the bag... i'm still sitting on it.

and again thank you everyone for your words.

Fayden, changing the subject a bit........

What did bluefly list this color as?

Some bags show up called "nut" as the color and just wondering if that was sandstone.

BTW. I like having a one of a kind bag!!

Fayden, i can feel your disappointment as i see the pictures. I love Sandstone color but from my past experiences, if I do not get the "WOW" factor (like LG said) at my first sight...I would not love the bag that much. I know Sandstone Work is so hard to get but if you desperately want this bag so much...just accept the fact & keep it.

Fayden, changing the subject a bit........

What did bluefly list this color as?

Some bags show up called "nut" as the color and just wondering if that was sandstone.

BTW. I like having a one of a kind bag!!

bluefly listed it as "clay" but i knew it had to be sandstone from the photos. i believe someone said that they have also seen it listed as "nut"

i am leaning towards keeping it, but i'm still not completely sure!

thank you everyone for your input. my final decision has been made. i am keeping my sandstone!!! used her today for the first time and she's beautiful. i will post some more photos later!