Keep or sell?

• keep

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • sell

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters

missy*

Jul 12, 2008
I have a black GST with gold hardware that I've never used.
Should I try & sell the bag to fund another purchase or hold onto it because I won't be able to find another one.
I'm not sure what to do... Any suggestions?

I do like totes for everyday, but I don't know if there's a better option in totes for Chanel.
Or do I sell it & get something fun like the small green classic flap...

Regardless its a GST, I personally would get rid of bags that I don’t use in 3 years... Coz I realise my style change while my age grow. And I will not reach for stuff (bags, clothes etc.) bought a couple of years ago even though its still remain untouched in the original packing from boutique lol

How do you find the Chanel Deauville?? Since you are into totes for everyday use :smile:

Reactions: BigAkoya
I would sell it. If you don’t use it, it’s just funds sitting there. Some people think that if they hold onto it, they may be able to sell it for more later, but I had 2 GSTs, one sold many years ago and one sold recently. They both sold for the same price, ie. I broke even.

Regardless its a GST, I personally would get rid of bags that I don’t use in 3 years... Coz I realise my style change while my age grow. And I will not reach for stuff (bags, clothes etc.) bought a couple of years ago even though its still remain untouched in the original packing from boutique lol

How do you find the Chanel Deauville?? Since you are into totes for everyday use :smile:
I think I prefer the GST to the Deauville.
I do like the Perfect Edge tote though.

I would sell it. I have a PST that has a similar story to yours. I’ve debated too long but have now come to terms that I may never use it so I am in the process of selling it. Just deciding where and how much before I finalize.

I own two PSTs: black and beige and don't carry them as much as my flaps. I love the classic look of it. I'd sell them only if I find another Chanel tote that I like and so far none. Good luck deciding!

Style not only changes, sometimes it changes back. How many times have you read that people regret letting go of an item and then buying it again?

It doesn't cost you anything to keep it. If you regret letting it go, it will cost you time and money to get it back.

Sunk cost fallacy is nothing compared to regret. Sometimes a bag is more than practical. But if you want to be practical, why did you once loved it so much that you bought it? If you don't need the money or storagespace, I'd say keep it.