Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

I already forgot what CSGM means? I remember Cashmere Silk but forget what GM means.

That’s cool as a winter scarf :love:

Where do you wear yours most?

Thanks so much :hbeat::hugs:

GM = grand modele (large size)

In winter I wear them inside for work, spring and fall (live in Scandinavia) I wear them as extra warmth on my lighter jackets (love them on my colorful Max Mara wool jackets as well as leather jackets). In the summer mostly for keeping warm on a plane in air con.

I love my shawls! The are comfy but most of all they help me coordinate my outfits - make the colors magically go together :smile:

Yes, I agree.

I have a hard time finding twillies with some black in them. Seems some black in twillies is so hard to find. There are all the other colors but why no black:crybaby:seems when black the other colors aren’t a big favorite of mine.

Wearing just black and white scarf with a solid bright top is the oomph :yahoo:
If you can’t find color combos you want at H or H.com, you could try the resale market on ebay and consignment sites.

Also twins on this one!
:hugs:
Such a great colorway and it looks so nice with that top.
Thank you :wave:.

Oh, yes, I have it in pink/orange! Great memory!

View attachment 4805856
Wow! This is really eye/poppingly fun. Both you and @AnnaE look really great in this scarf!

Your inserted post in blue would not come forward when I quoted or replied to you :amazed:

When you said you hang her on your chair but then you could get chilly :graucho:
Now what :P:heart: ?
Guess I would have to wear a fleece jacket too under my coat so that will be on me in the restaurant?

We have been collecting Hermes about the same time frame. It’s 2 1/2 years since I bought my first piece Bolide 31.

Is your Hermes collection just in silks, no leathers?

Excited to see what your final shawl will be :happydance:

I guess every lady has to experience one Hermes shawl in her lifetime right? :blush:
Life’s too darn short!

Thank you sweet lady!
Wearing my shawl in a restaurant, if I felt cold, I’d just put it back on. They are big but not unmanageable. There are scarf tying tutorials on YouTube, at Mai Tai’s Picture Book and her scarf tying app, Scarf Art.

I have only collected scarves but I recently acquired a BeHapi double tour reversible bracelet in a dark blue-green/tan. I hope to acquire one or two more. I love them. My Hermès scarf collection consists of the CSGM, a 140 silk plume, a geant triangle, two bandanas, several 90s, 70s, plisses, twillies and gavs (pocket silks). And a partridge in a pear tree:lol:. I don’t wear any other brands now, except the one Ferragamo that started me on the luxury scarf journey. I am not a snob; I just am in love with Hermès scarves!

Your bolide and twillies are so lovely. And your little gorgeous companion. You groom him so beautifully. He looks like a show dog, which he may be.

Last edited:
Reactions: hers4eva
I don’t think I will use it relaxing inside my home, but dining in a restaurant would work.

I always keep two clear bags at the bottom of my purse, if it rains so I could fold and put her in there at a restaurant. To keep her safe from splashes :giggle:

How about shopping at a mall, have you experienced that with a shawl on?

Thank you:love:
I always keep bags in my purse because sometimes wearing a scarve makes me too hot and I am not casual about them when I have to take them off. Then there’s rain and I want to protect them.
One reason for me for not having a lot of cashmere shawls is the warm factor. So two in unsimilar colors (say one dark, another lighter) will be plenty for me. There are many on this thread who have several and can integrate them beautifully into their wardrobes. I prefer the silks and different formats. You will enjoy your shawl, I know. :hugs:

Last edited:
Reactions: hers4eva
GM = grand modele (large size)

In winter I wear them inside for work, spring and fall (live in Scandinavia) I wear them as extra warmth on my lighter jackets (love them on my colorful Max Mara wool jackets as well as leather jackets). In the summer mostly for keeping warm on a plane in air con.

I love my shawls! The are comfy but most of all they help me coordinate my outfits - make the colors magically go together :smile:
The CSGM is perfect in autumn with a jacket. Just wrap that baby around, put on some lightweight gloves and voila! Chic and très warm!

Reactions: keodi and MooMooVT
Does anyone own this black and white jungle love shawl? I love it and so does my Hubby.

Reading the storing instructions .. says to store flat :amazed: they are huge in size.
How do you all store your shawls?

:flowers::heart:

Here are a couple of photos of me in my Jungle Love Tattoo shawl in the black and white, although technically it is bleu noir, a very, very dark blue that I find indistinguishable from black. Actually on topic as this is a Dallet big cat design.

With regard to your questions about CSGM's in general, I will add that I love and use mine all the time, other than in the height of summer (although even then I will wear one as a shoulder cover up for dinner in air conditioned restaurants or on a cool evening outdoors). I find them lightweight, extremely easy to tie and drape, and add not only warmth but a wonderful amount of interest to a neutral wardrobe. I do not baby mine, and hence I do end up with the occasional pull, but not many. I've learned to not fret about them, and choose to wear the shawls rather than worry and not wear them. I also find them very easy to wear with my winter coats and jackets, obviously being careful using a zipper closure.

Good luck in your decision, please share if you decide to purchase one, and which one you get!

IMG_2475.jpegIMG_6209.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.