Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

Got some questions on shawls.

Are they light in weight?

I know what 100 percent cashmere feels like.
How does 70 percent cashmere with 30 percent silk added to the cashmere feel? Does the silk make the cashmere feel more lighter/silkier?

Thank you.

Reactions: Karenska
I missed soooo much in a few days & had lots of wonderful feline catching up to do!! :girlsigh:

My SOTD is an off-topic Courbettes & Cabriolets (equines instead of felines). I’ve been experimenting with scarf head gear thanks to our fab’ @tlamdang08. Today -by necessity- I stumbled upon an easy way to convert a breezy H scarf-into-mask:

I started with a simple Bias fold into wide headband using a Bova knot just below ear (hidden by wild curls here) ...
803C57AC-24B3-418F-926E-36C1FBC406CB.jpeg
Before popping into store, I just brought folded tail across face (don’t worry I’m wearing non-smudge lip stick!) and tied another quick Bova knot- voila!
1FF6D01C-C8D2-49F4-8551-9EB791AD85CD.jpeg
I might look ready to join a desert caravan, but it got the job done & was quite comfortable (no elastic behind ears).

I snagged my CSGM on my winter coat. Luckily I was able to wiggle the loose thread back in although it very slightly impacted the pattern (I will always notice but I don’t think anyone else would). I think the snagging issue is something to be aware of. For example, if you have a lot of rings with prongs and you maybe reach up to adjust the scarf or itch your neck. It doesn’t bother me but I am just more careful. Also, the scarf is very big. Originally, I preferred the 140 CSGM to 90 silks, but I’ve revised my opinion because 140 CSGMs are very cold-weather cozy scarves in my opinion. And I think the 90 silks are more versatile for me. However the 140 CSGMs are so luxurious and cozy and owning a couple is totally worth it!

Thank you for your feeback :heart:
I understand finding that out wrapping my first twillies on my bags handles.
Rings and nails :panic:oh my!

I understand there is the fact that they are so luxurious, if you are able you should go for the gold at least one time :blush: huggable soft as a puppy!
Sweet and Scrumptious!

I missed soooo much in a few days & had lots of wonderful feline catching up to do!! :girlsigh:

My SOTD is an off-topic Courbettes & Cabriolets (equines instead of felines). I’ve been experimenting with scarf head gear thanks to our fab’ @tlamdang08. Today -by necessity- I stumbled upon an easy way to convert a breezy H scarf-into-mask:

I started with a simple Bias fold into wide headband using a Bova knot just below ear (hidden by wild curls here) ...
View attachment 4805947
Before popping into store, I just brought folded tail across face (don’t worry I’m wearing non-smudge lip stick!) and tied another quick Bova knot- voila!
View attachment 4805958
I might look ready to join a desert caravan, but it got the job done & was quite comfortable (no elastic behind ears).
So clever.

How does 70 percent cashmere with 30 percent silk added to the cashmere feel? Does the silk make the cashmere feel more lighter/silkier?

Thank you.
I find them light and cuddly. Not sure if they feel silkier since the only 100 per cent cashmeres I have are long mufflers meant for warmth.

If you find 140cm a daunting size, the men's department has 100cm cashmere/silk which I actually prefer, as well as diamond-shaped losanges.

Last edited:

Thank you.
I expect there will be responses to your question, Hers4Eva. I am no expert, but the Hermès combo of silk and cashmere is beautiful. It has a silky feel but enough body to feel substantial. It’s pretty much perfect in terms of feel, and yes, it is remarkably light for so much fabric. The CSGM drapes beautifully.

Last edited:
I find them light and cuddly. Not sure if they feel silkier since the onky 100 per cent cashmeres I have are long mufflers meant for warmth.

If you find 140cm a daunting size, the men's department has 100cm cashmere/silk which I actually prefer, as well as diamond-shaped losanges.
I sm very interested in those losanges! They look unfussy and easy.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Status
Not open for further replies.