Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

I was also deciding between the cream knit skirt and the tweed one. I decided on the tweed one. Showing it with the white sweater
I also bought to go with it and some casual (non-C) pants. The sweater doesn't look like much until you see the subtle detail and the neck. It is really soft and lightweight and I know I will wear this under jackets too.View attachment 4803312View attachment 4803314View attachment 4803315View attachment 4803316
Snowball, I absolutely adore the short black jacket with the cream skirt on you !

Reactions: 880 and 911snowball
It's hard to decide what my most worn jacket would be, but the ones on heavy rotation are probably the 11C LBJ, black Seoul, rust Hamburg peacoat, ecru Greece, and surprisingly the blue/white from 18P with the raw edge.
The 11C is my holy grail! I don’t have it and so regret it! I completely agree about the 18P, in any colorway it is such a workhorse jacket, somehow seems to go with almost anything. I am a huge fan of lightweight jackets as well, so I’m sure that’s part of it. I always used to be freezing, but as I get older I am always hot!

Genie, I think this jacket needs smooth/satin, silk, cotton / dress under, it will look much better and it will be like a contrast to the linen. View attachment 4805080View attachment 4805081
I have the pink and the beige and wear them mostly over the shoulders when is hot just for the air conditioned rooms.
Ari, I’m so glad you are back! Your styling photos are so helpful, because you combine outfits in ways I would not think of, but which look so stylish. I just got a new idea for a light colored suit I have that you wore with a darker top. I would not have come up with the combination on my own but it looks great and sophisticated (and helps it to translate out of summertime).

Maybe it’s the feel that bothers me? The picture here is not bad, but some of my jackets make me feel “like a million dollars” - with those Jackets it’s the cut, the silk lining, the way it moves when I move, the absolute ease and comfort when it fits/buttons up correctly and comfortably.

I always end up feeling a bit disconnected from the brand in summer as most of my C clothes are fall to spring. I fall back in love with C in Fall.
This styling idea is beautiful, you can easily recreate it with your jacket.

FFAC184D-371D-4BD2-B1A4-95BA0E734B9A.jpeg

My most worn are probably a black jacket from at least 10 years ago with subtle gold writing sewn in, because it is neutral yet funky, the cell phone pocket jacket (sans cell phone pocket) in the winter, the black Seoul in the summer and and the 18P fringe. On the other hand, some of my grails I have only worn once or never (both the black and white Robot - again Ari, I just saw a photo of you wearing it with T-shirt and it looks wonderful, so I need to try to wear them with an edgier vibe), the brown Paris Rome jacket, a couple of capes...which I love the idea of, but who am I kidding?, all of the Greece jackets). I think I just have a run-out-the-door to work lifestyle for the most part, and I wear a uniform of a comfy skirt or long culottes, a stretchy knit top and a lightweight jacket or detailed cardigan. Add jewelry and nice shoes and it is professional, comfortable and so easy. Regardless, even things I have never worn do not make me feel regretful (like my never worn handbags sometimes do), instead they make me smile to look at them and remember how pretty they are to me. They are each like art, even if not fancy. When I was at university I took a course called the History of Costume (basically the history of Western fashion), mostly focusing on 1400-1900, and it was so fantastic. My clothing choices make me smile in the same way as attending that course did, they may not all be useful, but something about each one made me feel happy when I chose it.

Ari, I’m so glad you are back! Your styling photos are so helpful, because you combine outfits in ways I would not think of, but which look so stylish. I just got a new idea for a light colored suit I have that you wore with a darker top. I would not have come up with the combination on my own but it looks great and sophisticated (and helps it to translate out of summertime).
Oh, thank you Nicole! That’s very kind of you. It helps that we are in different places in the world, as the style is different everywhere.

Genie, I think this jacket needs smooth/satin, silk, cotton / dress under, it will look much better and it will be like a contrast to the linen. View attachment 4805080View attachment 4805081
I have the pink and the beige and wear them mostly over the shoulders when is hot just for the air conditioned rooms.
Beautiful! I love the look with the Greece dress! And I can never resist pink. you have convinced me that I need at least one of the other colours to go with existing pieces of my wardrobe

This styling idea is beautiful, you can easily recreate it with your jacket.

View attachment 4805203
This is so pretty and sharp - I like it - but do you think I could carry it off as a look? I can begin to see the jackets being the right weight with lighter floaty fabrics - I’ve been pairing with heavier items.

it did give me an idea for a slightly funky look that I’m going to try - will post if successful....

My most worn are probably a black jacket from at least 10 years ago with subtle gold writing sewn in, because it is neutral yet funky, the cell phone pocket jacket (sans cell phone pocket) in the winter, the black Seoul in the summer and and the 18P fringe. On the other hand, some of my grails I have only worn once or never (both the black and white Robot - again Ari, I just saw a photo of you wearing it with T-shirt and it looks wonderful, so I need to try to wear them with an edgier vibe), the brown Paris Rome jacket, a couple of capes...which I love the idea of, but who am I kidding?, all of the Greece jackets). I think I just have a run-out-the-door to work lifestyle for the most part, and I wear a uniform of a comfy skirt or long culottes, a stretchy knit top and a lightweight jacket or detailed cardigan. Add jewelry and nice shoes and it is professional, comfortable and so easy. Regardless, even things I have never worn do not make me feel regretful (like my never worn handbags sometimes do), instead they make me smile to look at them and remember how pretty they are to me. They are each like art, even if not fancy. When I was at university I took a course called the History of Costume (basically the history of Western fashion), mostly focusing on 1400-1900, and it was so fantastic. My clothing choices make me smile in the same way as attending that course did, they may not all be useful, but something about each one made me feel happy when I chose it.
I like your philosophy of having beautiful pieces in your collection. I sometimes feel guilty if I don’t wear the heck out of them. But that has steered me to more utilitarian pieces. It may be time to swing back towards a couple of unique out-of-this-world pieces as a treat.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and nicole0612
Beautiful! I love the look with the Greece dress! And I can never resist pink. you have convinced me that I need at least one of the other colours to go with existing pieces of my wardrobe

This is so pretty and sharp - I like it - but do you think I could carry it off as a look? I can begin to see the jackets being the right weight with lighter floaty fabrics - I’ve been pairing with heavier items.

it did give me an idea for a slightly funky look that I’m going to try - will post if successful....
Absolutely you can carry it! Maybe it can go with any other style of white cotton dress.
Can’t wait for your pictures!

Reactions: Genie27
I tried on one of the knit cardigan variations yesterday in case someone is interested in it. It is very sparkly in real life, a pretty heavy knit but not overly scratchy. It was true to size with the sleeves being slightly too long. Had hoped it would work as a transition coat but I did not like it open, neither did I like the pocket placement at the bottom part. It reminded me a lot of the Ritz collection, though. One of the few standout pieces from this collection IMO.
My store also had one size left of the pink 20C cardigans, but I am not sure how practical it is and if I am willing to pay that price for terry cloth. It was very cute, though. Can anyone who bought it chime in on its practicality? Thank you!
View attachment 4793090
View attachment 4793091
View attachment 4793092View attachment 4793093
View attachment 4793094View attachment 4793095
View attachment 4793098
Thank you so much! After seen your picture of the knitted coat I went back to my local boutique and asked to switch the blue knitted coat I had reserved with the one you are wearing.
the cream/gold one is more fitted, structured, less oversize and has buttons. :flowers:

B5957C0C-4B3B-4735-B612-AEE67DEDC99E.jpeg

Thank you so much! After seen your picture of the knitted coat I went back to my local boutique and asked to switch the blue knitted coat I had reserved with the one you are wearing.
the cream/gold one is more fitted, structured, less oversize and has buttons. :flowers:

View attachment 4805396
This is incredibly stunning on you! I am glad you have found a version you prefer (and good to know on the difference between the 2 styles! I had hoped for the blue to be a bit more useful for me but my store hasn’t gotten it in). Now I regret passing on it. I just don’t see myself wearing a gold knit cardigan in the near future permanently working from home and with a lot less social interactions these days.