Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

Hello ladies! Wanted to share some pics of recent visit to my store. First, on the CC tank, I did finally decide on the black. I brought my black Paris Rome jacket with me and I tried both tanks with multiple jackets and cardigans and decided with my SA that the black looked best with most of what I had. I want to wear this casually (my new look!) so I am showing it first with jeansView attachment 4803283
The tank is great under the jacket.

Genie I have Mixed feelings about the Seoul jacket. It does look a bit ratty to me at times. I take it to the local dry cleaner who spot cleans freshens and steams it and it looks better. But I tend not to wear it as much for this reason. Still with its imperfections it’s a great jacket.

Reactions: 880 and 911snowball
The tank is great under the jacket.

Genie I have Mixed feelings about the Seoul jacket. It does look a bit ratty to me at times. I take it to the local dry cleaner who spot cleans freshens and steams it and it looks better. But I tend not to wear it as much for this reason. Still with its imperfections it’s a great jacket.

The black Seoul is my most worn Chanel jacket. I love the easy effortless look to it, and it’s a chameleon depending on how you style it. I think of it like a linen jacket, which is meant to be a little rumply. You could probably have it pressed a bit back into shape by Madame Paulette, but I wouldn’t trust just any cleaner.

So many of you have all three. Makes me feel normal to want at least one of the other two colours.

Thank you all for the details on how it wears.

I think the bracelet/ring snagging is what freaks me out the most - I wear Clic bracelets most days because I love the pop of colour at my wrist. Those snag like crazy so now I have to remember to only wear smooth bracelets with this jacket .

I wore it again this week - it works for the weather but looks a bit shabby here, IMO. Still a keeper though.

1650D0E7-25D3-4EB7-812F-A60A66B60138.jpeg

So many of you have all three. Makes me feel normal to want at least one of the other two colours.

I think the bracelet/ring snagging is what freaks me out the most - I wear Clic bracelets most days because I love the pop of colour at my wrist. Those snag like crazy so now I have to remember to only wear smooth bracelets with this jacket .

I wore it again this week - it works for the weather but looks a bit shabby here, IMO. Still a keeper though.

View attachment 4804877
What am I missing? You look smashing in this jacket, Genie! I agree with @Karenaellen, my black Seoul wears like a linen jacket...it’s not ratty, but I haven’t worn it much (yet)...someone mentioned the beige felt like a cardigan and, to me, the fabric and cut of this jacket is in between a cardigan and jacket - perfect for summer (looking for the pink too).

Last edited:
What am I missing? This jacket looks smashing on you, Genie!
Maybe it’s the feel that bothers me? The picture here is not bad, but some of my jackets make me feel “like a million dollars” - with those Jackets it’s the cut, the silk lining, the way it moves when I move, the absolute ease and comfort when it fits/buttons up correctly and comfortably.

I always end up feeling a bit disconnected from the brand in summer as most of my C clothes are fall to spring. I fall back in love with C in Fall.

Reactions: 880 and Katel
It’s funny bc the black one is nice but I don’t love it and consequently haven’t tried to get the other colors :smile: (facepalm). I think I just wish it was lined.

KA brought up an interesting point. I asked my husband which jacket I’ve worn the most and we think it’s the Sofia. I think that was one that really grabbed me the second I tried it. Which jacket have yall worn the most? :smile:

Reactions: 880 and Genie27
I have worn my black Seoul the most because I took it on several trips. It is easy to pack and doesn't wrinkle and it can be dressed up or down. I only wear bangle type bracelets with it like Hermes enamels. I always put my rings on after I have the jacket on. I like the stiffness of it and it has been holding the shape nicely. I think that for some trying to put it on over a sweater or blouse with sleeves may be the issue and it is stretching out the knit. I have only worn my jacket with sleeveless tops because I tend to wear it during warmer weather.

Wanted to add that the one time in haste, I mistakenly shoved the top button through the body of the jacket, I was easily able to push the threads back together once I had taken the button out of the hole I created. No pulled threads and not ratty at all. This is not a workhorse type of fabrication and you have to be careful with it, but that doesn't mean you can't wear it a lot. I certainly have.

View attachment 4804877
Genie, I think this jacket needs smooth/satin, silk, cotton / dress under, it will look much better and it will be like a contrast to the linen. B38ACB97-AD57-463C-829C-565F18C164CC.jpeg0B6F71AA-27AC-4996-AEF7-499F32AED98E.jpeg
I have the pink and the beige and wear them mostly over the shoulders when is hot just for the air conditioned rooms.