Help to search for my major piece?

So, by the end of next year, after I get 2 more pieces from VCA, I reckon I will have built up a capsule collection that I can wear on a regular basis.

Hello, Phoenix!

This is what I'm working towards too! I call it VCA content lol (with always the option of adding add'l pieces as they come by!)

When you first posted this, my mind immediately went to 2 pieces for you that are not matching, but would complement each other well and would look stunning on you.

HW emerald earrings.jpg

and this ring, from IG:

Criteria for these major piece(s):
- high end -- both are HW :tup:
- period piece :tup:
- can be any gold, but would prefer WG or Pt :tup:
- diamonds: maybe not one big diamond...would prefer a coloured stone with diamonds as accents, or I could consider a suite of diamond pieces :tup:
- or a very deep forest green Columbian emerald of no or minor oil; :tup:
- or a nice darker red ruby (but not blood red - I don't like brownish red on my skin)
- can consider blue sapphire but I have a lot of blues, so would prefer green or red :tup:
- I like "regular" pieces and floral themes. I am not keen on animals on me (though I love them on others). :tup:
- it should be a ring, but I'm flexible on this...could be a set (like earrings+necklace or earrings+bracelet etc). :tup:

My budget is around USD50k-100k. :angel: -- I think it would depend on the secondhand market, but I do not believe either of these 2 are unreachable. (Next post I will add 2 that are, unfortunately, but just to give you some idea of what I envision for you :smile:)

This sounds like a fun project! I think you'll come across something you love without much effort. Because that's the kind of thing that comes along unexpectedly. It might take years, but you'll know when you find it!

Isn't that usually the case? lol

I want a collective smorgasbord of ideas...that I can work off. Atm, I have some ideas of what I'd like, but not a clear vision yet. And I am sure there must be other ideas/ pieces that I am not aware of, hence this thread. I'd like to slowly build up my vision, based on various ideas and suggestions and solidify my vision before I pull the trigger.

I intend for it to take years...slowly savouring the various eye candies first...

The problem with looking now is that one of a kind pieces available today are likely not going to happen to be available when you are ready to buy. You really need to wait until you have the funds and see what is available at that time, and then look until you find your perfect one-of-a-kind piece.

I know what you're saying. But I don't want to wait til closer to the time, lest I rush and make a super expensive mistake.

I also would like to have a bling project to keep me going for a while...cuz I'm almost done with my regular VCA/bling collection....I want to window shop and spend some virtual $$$ for the next few years, while I concentrate on making real money elsewhere.

• Love
Reactions: DS2006
I know what you're saying. But I don't want to wait til closer to the time, lest I rush and make a super expensive mistake.

I also would like to have a bling project to keep me going for a while...cuz I'm almost done with my regular VCA/bling collection....I want to window shop and spend some virtual $$$ for the next few years, while I concentrate on making real money elsewhere.

Not a thing wrong with window shopping as long as we have the discipline to wait until the right time to buy! That goes for all big purchases! I do far more window shopping than I actually buy. My window shopping budget is unlimited unlike the actual one! :lol:

Hi Phoenix, I am not sure if you may also consider Bulgari. Two years ago I was at the Bulgari flagship boutique in Rome, and saw some very magnificent jewelry pieces. Some of their necklaces just look phenomenal. Breathtakingly beautiful. Those jewelries are not listed on the Bulgari website. If you have a chance, you may also want to take a look at Bulgari flagship boutiques. I didn’t ask the prices, but I think some of them could be about or slightly above the budget you have in mind.

Bulgari wasn't on my radar. Do they keep their values, or even appreciate over time? This purchase would be like an investment for me. I will certainly look into it. Thank you.

Not a thing wrong with window shopping as long as we have the discipline to wait until the right time to buy! That goes for all big purchases! I do far more window shopping than I actually buy. My window shopping budget is unlimited unlike the actual one! :lol:

I definitely have the discipline. I have to!! Been spending far too much on my existing pieces, esp least 2 years. Time to STOP (hard stop)....BREATHE....CONTEMPLATE.....CONTEMPLATE AGAIN and AGAIN......before doing any ACTUAL spending!! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: DS2006
Hello, Phoenix!

This is what I'm working towards too! I call it VCA content lol (with always the option of adding add'l pieces as they come by!)

When you first posted this, my mind immediately went to 2 pieces for you that are not matching, but would complement each other well and would look stunning on you.

View attachment 4804943

and this ring, from IG:

Criteria for these major piece(s):
- high end -- both are HW :tup:
- period piece :tup:
- can be any gold, but would prefer WG or Pt :tup:
- diamonds: maybe not one big diamond...would prefer a coloured stone with diamonds as accents, or I could consider a suite of diamond pieces :tup:
- or a very deep forest green Columbian emerald of no or minor oil; :tup:
- or a nice darker red ruby (but not blood red - I don't like brownish red on my skin)
- can consider blue sapphire but I have a lot of blues, so would prefer green or red :tup:
- I like "regular" pieces and floral themes. I am not keen on animals on me (though I love them on others). :tup:
- it should be a ring, but I'm flexible on this...could be a set (like earrings+necklace or earrings+bracelet etc). :tup:

My budget is around USD50k-100k. :angel: -- I think it would depend on the secondhand market, but I do not believe either of these 2 are unreachable. (Next post I will add 2 that are, unfortunately, but just to give you some idea of what I envision for you :smile:)

1596169177713.png

We're definitely kindred spirits!

These pieces definitely bowled me over....absolutely SWOON-WORTHY and check most, if not all, of the boxes!! I'm in luuuuurvee!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: