Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

My first and only men’s scarf is Jan Bajtlik’s wonderful Sweet Dreams, a wool and silk scarf which features a collection of 12 beasties inspired by medieval bestiaries. I was fortunate enough to go to the Getty’s exhibit of such bestiaries last year. IIRC, it was the largest collection of medical bestiaries ever assembled in one place. It was fascinating! They had a cool green screen camera so I took a few holding up the scarf for a scarf-on-site. (Did I already post this on tpf last year? I don’t remember... Well, forgive the indulgence if I did! I have a notoriously bad memory these days.) Lastly, a few creatures from actual bestiaries. View attachment 4779116View attachment 4779117View attachment 4779118View attachment 4779119
View attachment 4779122
View attachment 4779121
View attachment 4779123
View attachment 4779120
Wow - lovely photos - this must have been a fantastic exhitibition - thank you for showing the beasts:smile:

Reactions: Joannadyne
Crown jewel of my tiny hoard of moussies. Actually this format is ideal for hot weather but I get paranoid that it will flutter into my local cuisine which features lots of gravy and curry. Also, I mainly wear scarves in frigid offices so I favour silk twill. But back to the SOTD :biggrin:, a grail I hunted for: Ecume. Worn here with a foiled Tshirt which I imagine evokes the flash of fish scales. (I like having fun with my wardrobe even if no one else sees these connections :lol: )
View attachment 4787227
WOW - prize indeed. This is so fabulous! And perfect with the blouse. :love:

Today I attended a virtual baby shower for my dear son and daughter-in-law who are expecting their first child, and my first grandchild (a boy), next month. I wore a blue linen dress and my vintage Scotland scarf. I tied it to show the drum major. Last summer we all went on a family vacation to Scotland and while we were there, we attended a Scottish country fair up in the Highlands. The massed bands parade was a highlight, and the drum majors still look like the ones on the scarf.

View attachment 4785205View attachment 4785206View attachment 4785207View attachment 4785208
How lovely to see the full scarf it all it's glory I'm partial to bagpipes so this should be on my list - never seen this one before:smile:

Reactions: Redbirdhermes
So many lovelies - and today scrolling through these wonderful pages of theis week's theme, by coincidense I'm wearing the PdW 140 moussie in your picture, it has a very discrete changeant sheen which doesn't show properly, as it is a dark and rainy day here - perfect time to look at all the moussie pick-me-ups:smile:

Reactions: Croisette7
Status
Not open for further replies.