Stacking Love bracelet get more damage?

Thank you for your recommendations Chaton and Rileygirl. I'm thinking of wearing one on both hands but maybe that looks weird :biggrin:

Believe me, I thought of doing that when I got my 2nd bracelet too to avoid the "clinking" but then I was advised and encouraged to just stack. Also, if you do that, you have to watch BOTH arms, which I think can cause even more damage on them because in essence, you don't have one free arm (I consciously use my bracelet-free arm to grab things when I'm able to avoid dents & scratches when possible!) LOL

• Haha
Reactions: my_my969
Thank for your info, Violet. I couldn’t resist and stacked 2 of mine. A brand new yellow gold & older pg. Together they looked so gorgeous. But after a few minutes walking around I regognize some slight nicks at the edge of the new bracelet. So, I took the yellow out because it hurts my soul to see the first scratches. :blush: I see here lots of people stacking their bracelets. It looks so amazing but i'm really wondering how you all deal with the dents?

——Oh here are photos of them stackedView attachment 4758686View attachment 4758687

Yellow and pink look amazing stacked together. I like this look!!

Reactions: my_my969
Thank for your info, Violet. I couldn’t resist and stacked 2 of mine. A brand new yellow gold & older pg. Together they looked so gorgeous. But after a few minutes walking around I regognize some slight nicks at the edge of the new bracelet. So, I took the yellow out because it hurts my soul to see the first scratches. :blush: I see here lots of people stacking their bracelets. It looks so amazing but i'm really wondering how you all deal with the dents?

——Oh here are photos of them stackedView attachment 4758686View attachment 4758687
They look really pretty stacked! Honestly once the new one gets to a certain point of being damaged, you will kind of just accept it. Plus your bracelets will start growing a beautiful patina over time! Embrace it!

——Oh here are photos of them stacked View attachment 4758686 View attachment 4758687
If you do not like the „patina“ look at all, bring them to Cartier from time to time. They do a wonderful job on polishing them up to brand new condition. That‘s how I keep mine in shape, because I am also not a big patina fan and prefer a clean look a lot more.

Last edited:
If you do not like the „patina“ look at all, bring them to Cartier from time to time. They do a wonderful job on polishing them up to brand new condition. That‘s how I keep mine in shape, because I am also not a big patina fan and prefer a clean look a lot more.

Thank you , Tempo. Hubby also told me that too, just wear and enjoy, they can polish it brand new... ----But I'm still super scared :biggrin:---With these polishing, does the sharp edge get rounded? I have heard something about that. Don't know if this really happened.

Thank you , Tempo. Hubby also told me that too, just wear and enjoy, they can polish it brand new... ----But I'm still super scared :biggrin:---With these polishing, does the sharp edge get rounded? I have heard something about that. Don't know if this really happened.
Yes, once they've polished it, the edges will look rounded. I don't like the rounded look so I've resisted the polish treatment, even though my love is all banged up and scratched...I like my edges to be sharp

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a white gold love with 4 diamonds to stack with my regular yellow gold love. I'm new to the stacking game, so I'm not sure what the expected damage is supposed to be - I know that the constant rubbing and banging against each other would create some damage, but I'm starting to see discolouration and dullness on the white gold. I've attached some pictures below.

There's dullness on the yellow gold too, but no discolouration.

Just wondering if this is normal/expected?

IMG_8418.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

IMG_8424.jpg

Yes, I believe that's normal.
I believe for Cartier, for all WG pieces with diamonds, they are rhodium plated, which gives WG that very brilliant bright almost luminescent look. It will wear off eventually but I believe that it can be re-plated.

Cartier's non-diamond WG pieces are not rhodium plated (just very polished so very shiny). My husband and I both have non-diamond WG rings. Since they are not rhodium plated, they are will not have that bright almost white-like look as the rhodium plated versions and therefore have a more grey/dull color, but we prefer them that way.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your answer! I know the rhodium plating wears off, but I wasn't aware that it would discolour the gold (almost like a brownish/copper-y colour. Is that normal?

Thanks for your answer! I know the rhodium plating wears off, but I wasn't aware that it would discolour the gold (almost like a brownish/copper-y colour. Is that normal?

True WG has a very slight yellow undertone to it, so that may be more of the true WG showing through the worn rhodium plating.

Though I'm no Cartier expert, so let's see what others say!

I don’t have any WG Loves but I’ve heard this is normal too. I think @lill_canele is saying that the discoloration is actually just the color of the gold underneath the rhodium plating. I don't know the composition of the WG alloy that Cartier uses, but WG can contain some copper in the alloy (in the 25% that is not pure gold in 18k). EDIT: oops, look like @lill_canele beat me to this! Sorry for the repetition!

How long have you been stacking this bracelet, out of curiosity?

Reactions: hhw and lill_canele