Please help: ghw or rghw on a blk Kelly belt?

eggandbacon81

Apr 19, 2017
Sorry to be annoying- I received my black Kelly belt with ghw and loved it a lot at first. I chose ghw because all my jewelries and bag hardwares are in yellow gold. However, after more research, I found that lots of influencers chose rghw for the blk belt. I become more and more undecided and hesitant. Should I exchange mine to rghw? Is the ghw too yellow? It does look a bit harsher than my Cartier yg jewelries. Thank you so much for your input!

Hermes YG and RG are not super dramatically different. I prefer RG and always have... not bc of an influencer but bc I just love the tone. They may be picking RG bc it's relatively new for Hermes to do in these accessories. I intermix RG and YG all the time. Go with your heart dear....u really can't go wrong w either on Black so don't get a headache over it...

Hermes YG and RG are not super dramatically different. I prefer RG and always have... not bc of an influencer but bc I just love the tone. They may be picking RG bc it's relatively new for Hermes to do in these accessories. I intermix RG and YG all the time. Go with your heart dear....u really can't go wrong w either on Black so don't get a headache over it...
Thank you girls for all your input. I stopped torching myself after reading your replies - i decide to keep my yg!

I have a black Kelly belt with palladium hardware because most of my black bags have silver hardware. When I got the gold Kelly belt I was back and forth over whether to get the RGH or the YGH but after some deliberation I realised that the yellow gold just made more sense as it matched the hardware on all my tan/brown/lighter colour bags and also matched my gold jewellery. Rose gold is lovely but I think it will be more difficult to style and its not as timeless as yellow gold.

But you should go with whatever you love and tbh your first instinct was probably the most sensible one :heart: I agree with the comment above - Palladium and yellow gold are staples, rose gold is nice to have if you already have the staples and want something different.

Reactions: banoffia2
Hi there, sorry to be digging this old thread up.

The Kelly belt in Etoupe has been on my mind lately. Im unable to go into store to purchase it and need to place an online order.

For those of you, who has both hardware colour, can you please kindly help me. Which colour hardware do you perfer with etoupe? Have you bought one colour hardware and regret not getting the other?

Some pictures of the rghw looks lovely but in some pictures, the colour looks too rosey for me. Like wise with the gold, some pictures and video I've seen, the ghw looks really yellow.

I usually wouldn't go for Rose gold but I'm undecided between ghw or rghw.

I don't have any rose gold jewellery, all my jewellery are in yellow gold. I intend to wear the belt mainly with pants and a nice crisp white shirt.

Thanking all in advance.

Hermes's RG has a subtle hint a pink and in certain lighting it just look like champagne gold. Imo their YG is too yellow, not in a 24k gold kind of way but like the gold toned jewelry from Zara or H&M. So my vote would be RG considering it's quite a big chunk of hardware around the waist and RG would compliment your outfits instead of drawing attention to the buckle. It'll still go really well with both gold and silver toned jewelry.

Reactions: Tatownz
I think it really depends on personal preference. I only have the kelly belt in RGHW or PHW as I feel like the gold hardware doesn't quite look right on me for a belt. It pairs fine with GHW bags in my opinion without looking off. For example, I would wear my etoupe RGHW belt with an etoupe GHW bag. I'm not concerned the HWs don't exactly match.

The Kelly belt in Etoupe has been on my mind lately. Im unable to go into store to purchase it and need to place an online order.

For those of you, who has both hardware colour, can you please kindly help me. Which colour hardware do you perfer with etoupe? Have you bought one colour hardware and regret not getting the other?

Some pictures of the rghw looks lovely but in some pictures, the colour looks too rosey for me. Like wise with the gold, some pictures and video I've seen, the ghw looks really yellow.

I don't have any rose gold jewellery, all my jewellery are in yellow gold. I intend to wear the belt mainly with pants and a nice crisp white shirt.

Thanking all in advance.

I wear mostly yellow gold jewelry but love my Etoupe belt with rghw. It is a great neutral piece. I also contemplated between rghw and ghw…Hermes rose gold has a tendency to be very subtle in comparison to other brands and has a tendency to turn gold as it ages. You can’t go wrong with Hermes rose gold!!

Thanking all in advance.
I have H bags in both GHW and PHW and chose the Kelly belt with RGHW. I find the color is just subtle enough to not clash with anything. H’s GHW is very gold but the RGHW almost looks like champagne colored in some lights. It is beautiful. I also regularly mix metals so I’m very comfortable but being matchy matchy.

i just picked up another Kelly belt today, black with RGHW, it’s beautiful. Like @deltalady said, color is very subtle. I find GHW a little too bright. My SA said it also brings too much attention to your tummy area with GHW (provided you don’t want people to focus in that area). I have an Etoupe Kelly in PHW, prefer PWH versus RG on the Etoupe.

I have H bags in both GHW and PHW and chose the Kelly belt with RGHW. I find the color is just subtle enough to not clash with anything. H’s GHW is very gold but the RGHW almost looks like champagne colored in some lights. It is beautiful. I also regularly mix metals so I’m very comfortable but being matchy matchy.

I meant *not being matchy matchy