Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

One of the ultimate Hermès jewelry-themed scarves is Cavaliers d’Or, created to accompany the “ From the Land of the Scythians” exhibition at The Met in 1975 which featured a number of jewelry pieces on loan from L’Hermitage in Saint Petersburg, Russia. A number of jewelry repro pieces were issued by The Met, which I immediately purchased. At the time, I was a jewelry addict, but had no interest in scarves. The torque necklace and various pins are placed on the scarf in this pic. You must look carefully to distinguish them.
View attachment 4665150

Here I am on my way to L’Hermitage last summer wearing the scarf with one of the brooches
View attachment 4665148

Patrice dragonfly necklace worn with Mountain Zebra
View attachment 4665147

Here in Tallinn, Estonia, wearing the medieval repro peannular brooch I had just purchased. I came into town securing Kawa Ora with my Hermès Bolduc scarf ring, and switched the minute I purchased it
View attachment 4665149

Couldn’t help posing my Lea Stein owl brooches with the giant owl on Kawa Ora
View attachment 4665152

Swoboda onyx, garnet, turquoise and freshwater pearls Maharajah pendant worn with Maharani
View attachment 4665153

Vintage celluloid flower pin from the 1960s securing Feria de Sevilla
View attachment 4665154

Tiny vintage enamel Charles F. Worth apricot pin worn with Les Jardins d’Andalousie’s juicy fruit
View attachment 4665155

Vintage Taxco sterling silver parure made by master craftsman E. Barena in the 1940s, worn with Robe du Soir
View attachment 4665156

And, Robe du Soir worn with a vintage Weiss brooch
View attachment 4665163

Holy guacamole! You do have the best combinations. I really should have gotten Kawa Ora.abd with those owls! That Taxco set is jaw-dropping! What great week for jewelry!

I must confess that my favorite jewelry pieces to wear with scarves are earrings. Often, I simply pair the scarf with earrings and a ring. Here are some favs...
Askew London flamingo-themed earrings with Flamingo Party
View attachment 4665164

Met Museum Indian Moghul collection earrings from 1987 with Kawa Ora
View attachment 4665165

Askew London coin earrings with Azulejos
View attachment 4665166

Carlo Zini deco-inspired chess knight piece earrings with Robe du Soir
View attachment 4665167

Sterling and stone-inlayed Zuni earrings with Kachinas
View attachment 4665169

Vintage Moghul-inspired carved lucite drops encrusted with semi-precious stones worn with India
View attachment 4665170

Sterling, semi-precious stones and Swarovski crystals chandeliers paired with another CW of India
View attachment 4665171

Askew London Egyptian-themed earrings with Coupe de Gala
View attachment 4665173

Zuni sterling and stone-inlayed earrings worn with Ndop
View attachment 4665174

Met Museum earrings inspired by ancient Persian jewels in their collection worn with Le Roy Soleil
View attachment 4665175
Oh ..those Zuni earrings :love:
And just adore that chess piece!
Dying to see how you store display all your jewelry. You have so much, you must see them or you’d forget them?

Wow such inspired pairings of silks and jewelry from everyone! @Living.la.vida.fifi , your amazing collection of jewelry really takes the cake! My beautiful modern navajo white buffalo and sterling necklace pais so well with my white and neutral sills. Here with tohubohu.
View attachment 4665288
Grand loop with Marwari shawl
View attachment 4665287
Dalva horn with TsubaS
View attachment 4665289
Karine Horn Necklace with Les Danses des Indiens
View attachment 4665291
galop silver necklace with Equateur 140 silk

View attachment 4665294
Silver H chain with le Voyage de Pytheas
View attachment 4665295
Vintage Snowflake pin , pearl and diamond hoop earrings with Washingtons Carriage
View attachment 4665293
And Pink sapphire drops with La Femme Happy Valentines Day!

View attachment 4665290
Ooh that white buffalo necklace!
You make All thes neutrals look so luxe!
I’m taking an interest in Washington’s Carriage after seeing your photo!

Reactions: Karenska
I must confess that my favorite jewelry pieces to wear with scarves are earrings. Often, I simply pair the scarf with earrings and a ring. Here are some favs...
View attachment 4665164

View attachment 4665165

View attachment 4665166

View attachment 4665167

View attachment 4665169

Vintage Moghul-inspired carved lucite drops encrusted with semi-precious stones worn with India
View attachment 4665170

Sterling, semi-precious stones and Swarovski crystals chandeliers paired with another CW of India
View attachment 4665171

View attachment 4665173

View attachment 4665174

Met Museum earrings inspired by ancient Persian jewels in their collection worn with Le Roy Soleil
View attachment 4665175
I'm speechless! You are truly the master of jewelry-scarf pairing @Living.la.vida.fifi !

Wow such inspired pairings of silks and jewelry from everyone! @Living.la.vida.fifi , your amazing collection of jewelry really takes the cake! My beautiful modern navajo white buffalo and sterling necklace pais so well with my white and neutral sills. Here with tohubohu.
View attachment 4665288
View attachment 4665287
Dalva horn with TsubaS
View attachment 4665289
View attachment 4665291

View attachment 4665294
View attachment 4665295
Vintage Snowflake pin , pearl and diamond hoop earrings with Washingtons Carriage
View attachment 4665293

View attachment 4665290
So serene and elegant!

View attachment 4665164

View attachment 4665165

View attachment 4665166

View attachment 4665167

View attachment 4665169

View attachment 4665170

View attachment 4665171

View attachment 4665173

View attachment 4665174

View attachment 4665175
So inspiring! :loveeyes:

...those bunnies are definitely perky!:love:
:lol: I wore anime tee the previous night to look more cheerful at ungodly hours. Totoro but forgot my scarf :giggle:

Ok I think I’m on theme today, using my BdG love as a bandeau for my hair. Wish I could be on a beach instead of doing preschool drop off for the toddler in 35 degrees! Happy Valentine’s Day all. I am excited to see more posts today, this has been a great theme week.
Wish I looked that good with a bandeau :tup:

View attachment 4665426 View attachment 4665427
It sent before I finished! Good day, All, and Happy Valentines Day. Savana Dance with lapis and gold heart necklace. I know I should wear my JL rainbow today, but I don’t want so much silk around me. Maybe I’ll wear it tonight going out with friends. Enjoy the day!
Beautiful bright combo!

Love the belt / necklace!

See, what *I* am missing is a red Turandot...

Looks amazing on you!

Lovely! I have some twillies that live on sun hats more or less permanently, but I like the larger format as well.
Thank you! This had has a wide fabric insert between the top and the brim - it lets the hat go flat so it’s perfect for travel. I like to hide that plain white fabric with a scarf - Puzzle is a favorite because it goes with my entire summer wardrobe. I use magnets to hold the silk in place, even when I’m not wearing it.
One of the ultimate Hermès jewelry-themed scarves is Cavaliers d’Or, created to accompany the “ From the Land of the Scythians” exhibition at The Met in 1975 which featured a number of jewelry pieces on loan from L’Hermitage in Saint Petersburg, Russia. A number of jewelry repro pieces were issued by The Met, which I immediately purchased. At the time, I was a jewelry addict, but had no interest in scarves. The torque necklace and various pins are placed on the scarf in this pic. You must look carefully to distinguish them.
View attachment 4665150

Here I am on my way to L’Hermitage last summer wearing the scarf with one of the brooches
View attachment 4665148

Patrice dragonfly necklace worn with Mountain Zebra
View attachment 4665147

Here in Tallinn, Estonia, wearing the medieval repro peannular brooch I had just purchased. I came into town securing Kawa Ora with my Hermès Bolduc scarf ring, and switched the minute I purchased it
View attachment 4665149

Couldn’t help posing my Lea Stein owl brooches with the giant owl on Kawa Ora
View attachment 4665152

Swoboda onyx, garnet, turquoise and freshwater pearls Maharajah pendant worn with Maharani
View attachment 4665153

Vintage celluloid flower pin from the 1960s securing Feria de Sevilla
View attachment 4665154

Tiny vintage enamel Charles F. Worth apricot pin worn with Les Jardins d’Andalousie’s juicy fruit
View attachment 4665155

Vintage Taxco sterling silver parure made by master craftsman E. Barena in the 1940s, worn with Robe du Soir
View attachment 4665156

And, Robe du Soir worn with a vintage Weiss brooch
View attachment 4665163
Oh my - The owls and the Weiss brooch are lovely with the scarf!
View attachment 4665164

View attachment 4665165

View attachment 4665166

View attachment 4665167

View attachment 4665169

View attachment 4665170

View attachment 4665171

View attachment 4665173

View attachment 4665174

View attachment 4665175
:wtf: :eek: :wtf:
I’m (almost) speechless! Incredible!
(Those flamingo earrings made me giggle - what an inspired choice!)
Postcard worthy!
❤️ Thank you! ❤️
Wonderful scarf on site, Cookie!
Thank you sweetheart! ❤️
View attachment 4665288
View attachment 4665287
Dalva horn with TsubaS
View attachment 4665289
View attachment 4665291

View attachment 4665294
View attachment 4665295
View attachment 4665293

View attachment 4665290
So many beautiful examples - always so elegant.
I’ve only two exceptionals in my collection, one is not for wearing. I was a bit nervous when I came across this limited edition silk at Carre Club event. Imglad I leaped for it after having it beautifully framed for my family room. I think Tiger Royale’s exceptional bandana beading qualifies for theme week too. It reminds me of Frida Kahlos headpieces:smile:. And H en Fil crystal mpusseline.

View attachment 4665297

View attachment 4665299
View attachment 4665300 View attachment 4665301 View attachment 4665302
Such a beautiful moussie!
Ok I think I’m on theme today, using my BdG love as a bandeau for my hair. Wish I could be on a beach instead of doing preschool drop off for the toddler in 35 degrees! Happy Valentine’s Day all. I am excited to see more posts today, this has been a great theme week.
I love it!
(And I’m terribly jealous as that would never work in my hair!)
It sent before I finished! Good day, All, and Happy Valentines Day. Savana Dance with lapis and gold heart necklace. I know I should wear my JL rainbow today, but I don’t want so much silk around me. Maybe I’ll wear it tonight going out with friends. Enjoy the day!
Gorgeous and I love those little blue hearts!
Dying to see how you store display all your jewelry. You have so much, you must see them or you’d forget them?
Ha! I would love to see that too - I envision an Indiana Jones-like treasure trove! :giggle:

Looking fabulous Fifi, love the detailed pics of the jewellery and scarves. I picture you have a room for your extensive collection of jewellery and H scarves :smile: Thank you for inspiring me!
Thank you so very much!

Utterly PURR-fect bow! It’s just beautiful on you.

Ideal for this Valentine’s season :heart:

...those bunnies are definitely perky!:love:

of course your riding helmet is red! Great visibility to pick you out of a crowd (hopefully not out of the dirt) :hs:

You wear all that fabric so effortlessly. Stay cozy!

Oh, my - how gorgeous :hbeat:

I just love the distinctive bold colors

The celluloid flower, flamingo earrings and chess piece?!!! Dying! :faint:
So many perfectly paired: the Zuni earrings look like they were made for that scarf.
Thank you so much!

Thank you dear fifi. Your beautiful bows inspired me. I need to learn a few more ways to tie the scarves. You have such a beautiful collection of scarves and jewelry to match. Thank you for sharing with us.
Oh, but your gorgeous bow far surpassed any that I’ve ever done, and I truly mean that

View attachment 4665288
View attachment 4665287
Dalva horn with TsubaS
View attachment 4665289
View attachment 4665291

View attachment 4665294
View attachment 4665295
View attachment 4665293

View attachment 4665290

I’ve only two exceptionals in my collection, one is not for wearing. I was a bit nervous when I came across this limited edition silk at Carre Club event. Imglad I leaped for it after having it beautifully framed for my family room. I think Tiger Royale’s exceptional bandana beading qualifies for theme week too. It reminds me of Frida Kahlos headpieces:smile:. And H en Fil crystal mpusseline.

View attachment 4665297

View attachment 4665299
View attachment 4665300 View attachment 4665301 View attachment 4665302
All exquisite, as always. My fav is the modern Navajo piece... It is perfection with TB... And, what a beautiful snowflake pin!

Perfection!!!
Thank you!

Love how you tied it this way... So festive for Valentines!

The most beautiful CW... Love it

Wow! Speechless!
Thanks so much!

Holy guacamole! You do have the best combinations. I really should have gotten Kawa Ora.abd with those owls! That Taxco set is jaw-dropping! What great week for jewelry!
Thank you so much!

Thanks so much! I actually have them all filed away by theme/type and I remember every piece I have (most of the time)

I'm speechless! You are truly the master of jewelry-scarf pairing @Living.la.vida.fifi !
Thank you very kindly

So inspiring! :loveeyes:

:lol: I wore anime tee the previous night to look more cheerful at ungodly hours. Totoro but forgot my scarf :giggle:

Wish I looked that good with a bandeau :tup:

Beautiful bright combo!
Thank you so much!

Thank you! This had has a wide fabric insert between the top and the brim - it lets the hat go flat so it’s perfect for travel. I like to hide that plain white fabric with a scarf - Puzzle is a favorite because it goes with my entire summer wardrobe. I use magnets to hold the silk in place, even when I’m not wearing it.

Oh my - The owls and the Weiss brooch are lovely with the scarf!

:wtf: :eek: :wtf:
I’m (almost) speechless! Incredible!
(Those flamingo earrings made me giggle - what an inspired choice!)

❤️ Thank you! ❤️

Thank you sweetheart! ❤️

So many beautiful examples - always so elegant.

Such a beautiful moussie!

I love it!
(And I’m terribly jealous as that would never work in my hair!)

Gorgeous and I love those little blue hearts!

Ha! I would love to see that too - I envision an Indiana Jones-like treasure trove! :giggle:
Oh, magnets! I must play with them as they seem to be such a great tool... Thank you so much!

Happened to me b4. Must ensure that the comment comes after the last "
", otherwise everything goes haywire.[/QUOTE]
Thank you! Must really be careful and double-check always

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :hbeat: My Brides de Gala Love; twinning today with @Foxy trini :yes: :heart: ! PS @Foxy trini I LOVE the scarf as headband! Gorgeous!

View attachment 4665557
Perfect choice for today!

Wow, the magnets is a really clever idea @Cookiefiend I have lots of sunhats to adorn with scarfs but have always been concerned with how to get them to stay on. I'll be sure to use this idea this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.