How can I make my calves smaller?

I have a question for those who've done the surgery about a year ago or more. How does the muscle look when flexed, or in heels? Does it have the same shape, but just smaller, or does it have an uneven shape?

I am thinking of having partial gastrocnemius muscle resection surgery next year with Dr Park at Oz clinic.

Can someone please tell me (who has had this procedure and was a foreign patient) - when you travelled back home, how did you sit in economy for so many hours? How did you elevate your legs and do stretches on the plane?

Did you choose first/business class so you could lie on your back? Thankyou
Hello sista ,
Im planning too to do next year to dr park. If you will read some thread here , there are many info about him

8 months post-op (Dr.Park, gastrocnemius calf reduction):

I dont have any regrets having the surgery.
It’s not perfect, it’s not that slim but i do now look normal, less muscular and i now wear short pants and skirts!
I do every physical activités i want, running, biking, soccer, hiking and everything is ok. At 6 months, i tried to do jogging and it was painfull for the week after but it was because i wasn’t streatching enough! Since then, i use a timer on my phone, like after the surgery.

Post-op pictures:
Hello. May I know which clinic is Dr. Park affiliated to? I really wanted to have mine done. I have been very conscious about my calf. But my concern is my job requires me to be on my feet most of the time, i am concerned about the post-op healing.

seriously? all you have to do is not do any sort of strength training with them, stretch them often, do only low resistance exercises like cycling, swimming, etc. that don't put a lot of counter pressure against your legs.

Hi guys,

I still feel tingling around my ankles. My calves seem visibly reduced although asymmetrical, but I don't really mind. The scars behind the knees are still visible, and in the summer, friends ask about it or when I'm getting a massage, masseuses will ask me about it. Other than that, it hasn't grown, although I have been doing weight training.

If you guys don't mind the side effects, I say go for it for permanent results.

Edit: Btw, I did this surgery with Dr. Park about 2 years ago.

Hi guys,

I still feel tingling around my ankles. My calves seem visibly reduced although asymmetrical, but I don't really mind. The scars behind the knees are still visible, and in the summer, friends ask about it or when I'm getting a massage, masseuses will ask me about it. Other than that, it hasn't grown, although I have been doing weight training.

Hi chococatx,

Thank you for sharing your experience - I've been pondering on the surgery for many years, but worried about the side effects.

Much appreciation if you could share a bit more about the asymmetry - is it noticeable to others?

Have you asked Dr Park about the cause of the tingly feeling, painful?

Hi chococatx,

Thank you for sharing your experience - I've been pondering on the surgery for many years, but worried about the side effects.

Much appreciation if you could share a bit more about the asymmetry - is it noticeable to others?

Have you asked Dr Park about the cause of the tingly feeling, painful?
Assymetry is not noticeable to others. Just me.

I didn't ask Dr. Park. It doesn't hurt, but is sensitive when strongly massaged and tingly. No pain. Still need to do calf stretching daily! Very important.

Hi guys,

Hi chococatx
How does weight training feel after the surgery? Do you feel your strength is as before the surgery, or has it weakened after the surgery even 2 years later? I'm worried about this because I do lower body weight training regularly.

I'm also worried about the scars, I was hoping it wouldn't be noticeable to others. Do you mind sharing a picture of your calves and the scar?