Is it normal to not receive a box with a Prada bag?

Hi all,

I just received my Prada crossbody camera bag from Farfetch and although I received a dustbag and authenticity cards, there was no outer packaging such as a box for if I ever resell. I'm not sure if it is Farfetch or Prada who decide this. Has anyone else not received a box?
Thanks!

Hi all,

I just received my Prada crossbody camera bag from Farfetch and although I received a dustbag and authenticity cards, there was no outer packaging such as a box for if I ever resell. I'm not sure if it is Farfetch or Prada who decide this. Has anyone else not received a box?
Thanks!

It's more unusual to actually get a box with a Prada bag.

You have to ask for a box! I got it in person at Neiman Marcus and I was shocked to see only a dust bag so I asked for a Prada box! Guess that's the difference between buying from big box retailers and directly from Prada

I've bought multiple bags from the Prada store itself and as far as I've seen, I've only gotten a box for one of them. They're the one designer that just doesn't give boxes for some reason...

I've purchased several Prada bags, mostly from NM, and always got the box that went with the bag (with the bag description on it). However, it's been several years..

Thanks everyone, I guess I was a little surprised as most other designers supply a box for their bags. Interesting!

I know it was a while ago.

It is surprising. But it wasn't that long ago Gucci didn't supply boxes for bags either. I've never received a box for Bottega Veneta for a bag either.

Farfetch is just the distributer though, so it may also be the boutique that goes through Farfetch and you could ask FF to ask the boutique.