Taking LV too seriously

Jinxster

Mar 20, 2007
Hey all. I just got back from going to a local store and took my azure speedy 30 with me. A lady there told me it was nice and we started gabbing. So, she asks me if I'm into LV. I say yeah, it's a hobby of mine. She then turns around and calls me snotty and says LV is not a hobby and walks off. :wtf: So, do you guys think some people take LV too seriously? Any thing like this happen to you guys?

i dont want to offend anyone here but YES, i think some people do take LV too seriously. i dont mean people who collect LV because they are iconic well made well designed bags and LEs and discontinued bags are stunning. it just anoys me a bit when people obssess over things like "should i carry my LV to ... " or "people hate me because i carried my LV to ... ".
luxury items are things i like to have and i work hard for them but they arent the be all and end all. they do not define me and i have more important things to do than have a handbag as my hobby.

I think people are turned off, in particular, because LV has such a reputation...it is infamous for being worn by famous people who not everyone finds to be the classiest...and, to some, it has a definite "i am trying to look rich" feel. :tdown:

BUT :yahoo:, it is such a dynamic brand with such variety...it appeals to a much wider array than most people think, and that is odd to some people, since they automatically assume "rich *****" when they hear LV.

Whhaaaatttttt!? :wtf:

She actually said: "Snotty ..... LV is not a hobby."

Wow, you must have good manners and patience.

Good for you for not replying back to that immature remark. :woohoo:

i get where your coming from but i still wouldnt call it a hobby. calling a brand a hobby just seems rather shallow to me.

See, this what I've thought for a while now, I feel calling a brand anything more than a hobby is shallow. To me, it's like if it's not a hobby, something for spare/free time, what is this person's
priorities.

i get where your coming from but i still wouldnt call it a hobby. calling a brand a hobby just seems rather shallow to me.

I'm referring to the collecting aspect of it. It could be LV or any other purse, brand or non brand. Some people collect vintage bags, I wouldn't think that was shallow.
But oh well, we agree to disagree on this one.